SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE did the coolest thing they've done in a long time...

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 02:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Basically what was just an overall shitty Raw, ended up being really good because of the last 10 minutes. The NXT guys come out and just fucking destroy everyone and everything.

Logic? We don't know...but it almost feels like the nWo. I like the idea that maybe these guys were just so sick and tired of jumping through hoops, competing against one another despite not wanting to, doing stupid challenges, being ridiculed, bullied and all that just to turn around and get kicked out, losing your dream. So they banded together and figured they would make a statement. It didn't matter who you were; face, heel, announcer, fan...if you were there...you were fucked. Wade Barrett knew what he was doing, I mean sure he has a contract, but by bringing these guys back, he's got guys who will watch his back. Darren Williams and Daniel Bryan were sick of getting ridiculed by their mentors for nothing, David Ottunga was insulted by everyone because he was told he can't wrestle and both Slater and Gabriel basically tried their best to be the nice clean cut babyfaces only to see that got them nowhere. These guys have a right to be pissed and honestly, it's interesting to see where they go with this, hopefully they continue their destructive path. I really want them to succeed, at least as far as getting over and established. I would enjoy if this was just nWo where they just keep taking out everyone.

RIP John Cena
You Died Doing What You Love
Taking It From 8 Guys, Face-Down
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it pretty much saved the episode. I hate three-hour Raws, especially after that Slammy shit. I'm really hoping AmDrag is the ringleader or even maybe Jericho, this could be the best storyline in a while to advocate a more gritty image in place of it's crappy attempt at being cheesy alot.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 05:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I bet Michael Cole is the ring leader, seeing as he disappeared before the shit went down.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 05:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

He explained tonight that he ran off. But I wouldn't be surprised if he did turn heel albeit not the ring leader, but just a sympathizer. He's been awesome as a heel commentator on NXT.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 02:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

What could've been one of the coolest moments ever is already dead. Brian Danielson was released today, for reasons yet explained. There are a few people who think WWE is swerving them, but I cannot in any see why they would pull something like this, so unfortunately I believe the NXT invasion has already imploded. Sure, it's one guy...but it's the one guy that stood out most for me and a lot of people.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 02:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

The reason given was because he....

You ready for this?

Becasue he choked the ring anouncer with his own necktie, and it was deemed too violent for a PG rated show.

Seriously. Check the news sites. How stupid is that?
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 02:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope this is a well crafted serve. I really, REAAAAAALLLLY hope this is a serve. I hope that they keep Danielson off TV for a few weeks, maybe a couple of months at the most, and just have him explode back onto the scene. Please don't be retarded WWE. Please, please don't be retarded.
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 08:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck you Linda McMahon... just FUCK YOU.
You're the cancer that is killing the wrestling in WWE.
You just have a big time chance with the hottest free-agent in the business and what you do? Turn him into a jobber, and when things finally get better, fire him for being too violent!
What the fuck do you want to do with wrestling? Sanitize it into a kids show? Make big people that stage a fight of sorts look like an episode of Veggie Tales? Because that's what you are doing, for the sake of being a goddamned senator for Connecticut!

Yes my friends, I mad. Chances are, this was a legit firing. I think I should quit watching wrestling altogether, too... the more I try to have hope, the more I get sick with such indulgent stunts.

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to be optimistic, but nah. I've already decided that if I ever do pro-wrestle I would never get a contract with WWE due to not only it's ass-backwards politics, but also it's crappy schedule. The indies are where it's at. How about firing the cameraman instead, since you know he put the camera on focus for the situation?

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 13 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
The reason given was because he....

You ready for this?

Becasue he choked the ring anouncer with his own necktie, and it was deemed too violent for a PG rated show.

Seriously. Check the news sites. How stupid is that?

Yup, yet Ziggler used a fucking sleeper which in itself is a chokehold.

WWE is fucking stupid as hell.

I was so optimistic for this whole angle, and in one fell swoop, WWE decided to fuck it up. But when is that not the case?
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 01:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well it seems like was a network call. Someone at usa or whatever network it airs on complained and wwe got rid of him. I would actually bet he is still on the payroll and he is just not working while the heat dies down. But that's just my theory. Also this is funny
http://fans.wwe.com/p.a.t.v

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 03:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here the latest compiled info on the firing:

An update on Daniel Bryan's firing: it was due to pressure from an outside source following Monday night's angle. The choking with the tie and spitting in John Cena's face were the two main sticking points, and Vince McMahon is said to have had no choice. It is almost a guarantee that this is not a work, since that would mean WWE had lied to everyone with any power in WWE. They have all been told that Daniel Bryan is gone for real.

It seems very clear that Bryan is being used as a scapegoat. It also appears to me that someone from the outside (not WWE management) was the one who threw a fit and WWE had no choice but to fire him for now.

To recap, here are the key bullet points:

The Justin Roberts spot was deemed too violent and it led to the firing, in a call made by Vince, but forced upon him by an "outside force who is important"

Complaints came in very quickly.

The decision was explained to the merchandise and marketing people, PR team, company doctor before it was announced that it was a legit firing.

The person who complained was someone from the "outside, important to the company"

Danielson is being called a "scapegoat"

No timetable has been given, but he was said to be left with the impression that he would be welcomed back at a later time once things pass over.

Danielson is now looking for indy dates.

Danielson has a 90 day no-compete clause.

With respect to the possibility of Vince working his own employees, he's definitely capable of it, and a much more "insane" situation is currently going on with a much bigger name than Danielson in WWE right now.

Sources in WWE believe they will lose him to TNA, Once source said they just "made a TNA main eventer"
uncle joe
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 07:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I reaaaaaaaaally hope this is a work, but c'mon Dal, there is a difference between a sleeper hold and someone choking another dude with his tie.

Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 08:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well the john cena spit seems somewhat unlikely as he has been the BIG supporter of him
http://twitter.com/wwejcena http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/8150.html

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, John Cena may not be the best wrestler around, but he isn't a fucking backstage politicking crybaby like HHH.

Also, PG wrestling will be the death of wrestling.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Optimist With Doubts
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't WCW family friendly and fired people for things like this too?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe in the pre-nWo days. They did BAN TOP-ROPE MOVES at one point because Ole Anderson or Kevin Sullivan or some other idiot thought they were dumb. But there's a difference between "family friendly" and TV PG. "Family friendly" means that they don't talk about sex and they keep the swearing to a minimum, but there's still blading and violence, because that's just how wrestling is.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 04:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That was almost certainly Ole Anderson, the guy who constantly talks about how much he drew 30 years ago, yet bitter about nearly every single person he ever dealt with.

I'd hope to see Danielson back in the future, especially the near future. It would be nice if they shed light on the whole ordeal as well.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you're fired, is there still a 90-day no compete clause?
JRA
PostPosted: Jun 14 2010 09:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
Well it seems like was a network call. Someone at usa or whatever network it airs on complained and wwe got rid of him. I would actually bet he is still on the payroll and he is just not working while the heat dies down. But that's just my theory. Also this is funny
http://fans.wwe.com/p.a.t.v

Those people need to be killed. Brutally.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 15 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

...with ties
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 15 2010 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's a joke group, you know.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 04:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

So the little son of a bitch Rey Mysterio wins the World Heavyweight title. Not only was he not originally booked in this match, but he took the place of a guy he injured; the Undertaker, whom was one of three people who Mysterio has injured in recent weeks. Also he's basically been bitching that he wants more money and wants to take time off, and would have if he didn't injure Taker.

Goddamn, I cannot even express how fucking annoyed I am. Mysterio is such a shell of his former self, and while I know he's over, he doesn't need the fucking belt, after all his first reign is one of the absolute worst reigns I have ever seen, in fact I'll say it was the worst. This whole bullshit concept about him being a fucking underdog is a goddamn joke since he almost always wins.

Speaking of someone who always wins, John Cena lost the title tonight. While I used to be happy when he lost the title, I'm not anymore, because I know he'll have it back before long. Once again, he lost to Sheamus in shady circumstances. I know Cena is short of challengers, but goddamn...not this shit again. I like Sheamus, but they've done jack shit to actually make him look legit. They only way he beat "Trible Aych" was by injuring him beforehand. I expect this reign to be nothing more than a transitional reign only to go back to Cena (giving him his 10th reign) who then goes to feud with someone else they've built up to feed to him. I'd honestly just rather have Cena just fucking keep the belt instead of playing hot potato with it. Ugh.

In just 2 weeks, WWE has made me go from excited to apathetic. Bravo.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 10:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Maybe in the pre-nWo days. They did BAN TOP-ROPE MOVES at one point because Ole Anderson or Kevin Sullivan or some other idiot thought they were dumb. But there's a difference between "family friendly" and TV PG. "Family friendly" means that they don't talk about sex and they keep the swearing to a minimum, but there's still blading and violence, because that's just how wrestling is.

Everything I know about wrestling is from when it was still family friendly. Exactly when did that change?

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Jun 21 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think with the slew of injuries, that they took the belt off Cena, to have him fued with the NXT group. And, Triple H should be coming back soon, and who better to have him fued against, then Sheamus? (Who is the storyline reason why Trips is gone.) Trip returns, earns title shot at next PPV, stomps Sheamus, and becomes 14 time World Champion.

That is my prediction.
Reply to topic

Jump to: