[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
NHL Playoffs

Reply to topic
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: May 24 2010 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll root for the Blackhawks since that's Lem's team.

Canadiens had one hell of a run though.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: May 25 2010 09:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Flyers are MY team, so there!

GOOOOOOOO FLYERS!!!!! Fuck that was a great series Laughing

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
ChiSoxFan
Title: Chicago Sports Fan
PostPosted: May 30 2010 01:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Game 1 goes to the Hawks, in a 6-5 shootout.

For all the talk about the goalies this series, they didn't really knock anyone's socks off. Michael Leighton of the Flyers, who tallied 3 shutouts against the Habs in the ECF, got chased in the second period after allowing 5 goals on 20 shots.

Niemi wasn't outstanding either, but he wasn't helped by his defense any. The third Flyers goal at the end of the first, Niemi was screened by FOUR of his teammates. He never had a chance.

But if you like offense, this was your kind of game.

PSN & Xbox LIVE gamertag -ChiSoxFan913

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: May 30 2010 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ChiSoxFan wrote:
Michael Leighton of the Flyers, who tallied 3 shutouts against the Habs in the ECF,

It's not like it was hard to do. The Habs offense didn't work at all in the first two (the players' synchronization wasn't there and nothing worked),
and in Game 4 the Habs didn't give any effort whatsoever (like the Flyers in Game 3).

When the opposite team gets only 1 shot in a whole period, you're not facing an offensive power.
We would have needed Markov, but he isn't very lucky with injuries Sad
bassguy252
Title: Professional Malcontent
PostPosted: Jun 02 2010 08:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Well, I haven't started a thread about this because I'm a diehard Edmonton Oilers fan. That pretty much speaks for itself, I assume. Crying

My small consolation is that the fucking Lames missed the playoffs by one spot. That means they don't get a shot at the Cup and get a lousy draft pick, while we at least get the first overall pick. I wish it was a better draft year, but hey, first is first.

Of the remaining teams, I guess I'd like to see either Boston or Chicago take it--I guess Chicago, because they have Hawk in the name, and plus I hate UCLA (who also have a Bruin as a mascot.) The Flyers wouldn't be bad either honestly, though. Anyone but the Sharks. Not as bad as the Flames or Kings, but I REALLY don't like them.

Soldierhawk... your like a long lost brother lol I bleed oilers colors, being that I live here

things are looking great for the future of our team though

Eberle, Hall (they better damn well take him), MPS, Omark, Landers, Teemu Hartikainen... some great young talent coming up Smile

not to mention we still have gagne, hemsky, Im really liking Gilbert/Whitney as a defencive pairing and I wouldnt rule out Cogliano either.

as for the playoffs... I wouldnt mind seeing the hawks win and philly would be okay but Pronger is a giant douche bag covered in whale piss and camel shit

Let's assume it's a mixture of the two!

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
ChiSoxFan
Title: Chicago Sports Fan
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

bassguy252 wrote:
SoldierHawk wrote:
Well, I haven't started a thread about this because I'm a diehard Edmonton Oilers fan. That pretty much speaks for itself, I assume. Crying

My small consolation is that the fucking Lames missed the playoffs by one spot. That means they don't get a shot at the Cup and get a lousy draft pick, while we at least get the first overall pick. I wish it was a better draft year, but hey, first is first.

Of the remaining teams, I guess I'd like to see either Boston or Chicago take it--I guess Chicago, because they have Hawk in the name, and plus I hate UCLA (who also have a Bruin as a mascot.) The Flyers wouldn't be bad either honestly, though. Anyone but the Sharks. Not as bad as the Flames or Kings, but I REALLY don't like them.

Soldierhawk... your like a long lost brother lol I bleed oilers colors, being that I live here

Well, Soldierhawk would actually be a long lost sister, seeing that she's a she.

Flyers win Game 3 4-3 in OT. The Hawks decided that offense was a needless, trifling affair in the last 27 minutes or so, as the Flyers just imposed their will on the Hawks, thoroughly outplaying them the third period and vast majority of OT.

Hawks are still in the driver's seat, though, but they can't have another game like this one. They need to put their foot on the Flyers' throats and keep it there.

PSN & Xbox LIVE gamertag -ChiSoxFan913

bassguy252
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 03:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

my bad Sad let me rephrase this

soldierhawk, you are like a long lost sister!

hasnt being an oilers fan been like being in an abusive relationship lately?

you hold on, night after night, getting your ass handed to you by your lousy excuse of a team all the while they promise over and over again "I can change, things will get better!"

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 03 2010 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

bassguy252 wrote:
my bad Sad let me rephrase this

soldierhawk, you are like a long lost sister!

hasnt being an oilers fan been like being in an abusive relationship lately?

you hold on, night after night, getting your ass handed to you by your lousy excuse of a team all the while they promise over and over again "I can change, things will get better!"

Oh I want to say so much to that!!! But we should probably take this to another thread (like this one) so as not to derail. SO, on topic, I'm happy the 'Hawks are still ahead. I somehow missed that they were Lem's team though, so that gives me a double reason to root for them.

Pretty exciting series so far! I want the Hawks to win, but I'm glad the Flyers are putting on a good show.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

bassguy252
PostPosted: Jun 09 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

that was actually a really exciting stanley cup final, I dont really care for either team but it was an exciting game to watch nonetheless, congrats to the hawks for winning the cup, they definitely earned it this season

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely. Three cheers for C-town! Hawks rule! Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 11 2010 04:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't follow NHL, but I used to be a Blackhawks fan when I was 8, so congrats to the team I used to sorta care about...kinda.
bassguy252
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 05:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

nows the time to cheer for the hawks! they are going to continue to be a contender for years to come!

TheThunderThief
PostPosted: Jun 12 2010 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty funny considering it was pretty spot on about the bandwagon jumpers, I laughed at the part about Byfuglien especially, I've been hearing people say By-foo-glee-in the past couple weeks.

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 18 2010 01:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Bumping this for something kinda related...

The Habs just traded Jaroslav Halak. The guy who allowed them to not get slaughtered by the Capitals or Penguins. For two AHL players.
Obviously, this caused a total shitstorm around here. The fans are fucking pissed, even though the trade might not be too bad.

Maybe you don't care, but you won't have to hear about it ever again. Here, it'll make the headlines every day until September. Great.
Thorton02
PostPosted: Jun 18 2010 08:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lava, what's the fan reaction to the trade? Is mgmt blinded by their love of Carey Price, or do most people agree that Price has more upside to a hot Halak?

Personally, I think Price is way too streaky for a number 1 goalie and this will bite montreal come playoff push next year. As a Sabres fan, I'm really happy about this trade.

No, I don't think I will fuck Stummies.

lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Jun 18 2010 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's quite mixed. There's a bunch of people saying "WORST TRADE EVER" and screaming everywhere,
while less insane people tell them to shut the fuck up and give a chance to the new guys.
Fans absolutely loved him, both because of his performance in the playoffs and because he's a very humble guy, so the direction is very unpopular right now.

I really don't think this trade is too bad :

- It gives Halak a chance to actually play and not be 2nd guardian all the damn time.
- The guy we got for him should be good enough to make it in the 3rd or 2nd line. Offense had been a major problem for the Habs in the playoffs.

Though Carey Price has often been disappointing. He has a lot of potential, but often he doesn't work hard enough.
Reply to topic

Jump to: