"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The current state of Adam @ Home

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jan 13 2010 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sometime in the last two years, Adam @ Home (formerly just Adam) cartoonist Brian Basset hung up his inkpad. But rather than, oh, I don't know, letting his comic die with some dignity, he passed the torch to some douche named Harrell (I don't know his first name), who turned Adam into a douche. Adam Newman is no longer the same person he was when Basset drew him. He's now an out-of-touch, deluded moron who constantly makes grotesquely unfunny jokes. And while the comic retains "@ Home" in the title, there hasn't been so much as a whisper of his home e-business since Harrell took over.

I never really had any strong feelings toward the comic, I only read it becuase it was there. However, it did have its memorable and funny moments with Basset at the helm. Now...I mean, God! Just let it die already!
Eddie_Hyde
Title: Ernie with the Disposal
PostPosted: Jan 16 2010 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Never heard of the comic. Can you give examples?

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jan 16 2010 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Before Harrell took over, the comic had these fantasy sequences that exaggerated situations Adam would find hihself in. For example, once, when he had to rush to mail a package, he was drawn as being in a stock car race. Recently, Adam was revealed to not know what Avatar was. Granted, I myself recently encountered such a person, but Adam didn't used to be that out-of-touch.
Reply to topic

Jump to: