and

DAL @ MIN SUN 1 ET
NYJ @ SD SUN 4.40 ET

Let's discuss!

-Gettin' Jiggy Wit' It!!-

Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Jan 11 2010 07:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was a huge homer for the Colts this year until they just straight up quit in week 16. Which single handedly had extreme ramifications on my new team, Houston, going to the playoffs. (Yes Detroit is offically my team of the past.) I hope they lose to the Jets.

Arizona shocked me with A. their lack of D B. Their explosion of offense C. Their winning in overtime with their D. New Orleans has had a pretty shitty run as of late and it's not the kind of thing you want to take into the post season. I think they have run out of gas but that doesn't mean they aren't going to win.

Dallas is going to have a hard time running the ball but they should be fairly decent in the passing game, however I'm not sure if they can hold off the multitalented Vikes. Farve has been a beast this year.

NYJ screw you. S-U-C-K. SUCK SUCK SUCK. Ruined my hopes of seeing Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson make a run this year. I hope they die but I really hope they beat SD and beat IND then lose in the SB.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 11 2010 07:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

wow, you left the lions?! that sucks

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jan 11 2010 07:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
wow, you left the lions?! that sucks

Well I was given a free pass to leave them last year from all my friends and family and I have drafted Schaub, Johnson and Owen Daniels in all my fantasy leagues so I've always enjoyed watching them, once I bought two authentic Jerseys it became offical. See ya later you smelly ass Lions. (I gave my jersey to the Good Will, pretty sure thats where it will die too.

username
PostPosted: Jan 11 2010 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

barry sanders is rolling in his grave

Klimbatize wrote:

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 11 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think NYJ will beat SD, they've been way too hot the last 9-10 weeks, even with the few close games. I wouldn't even be surprised if SD won the Super Bowl.

DAL @ MIN is a tough call though... I'd definitely say that DAL has the momentum advantage and you never know if a week off (for MIN) is going to help or hurt the team.

Even though it got rough for IND and NO the last couple weeks of the season, I still think that BAL and ARI will have to play top-notch to win. BAL shouldn't have too much trouble if they can shut down the NO offense with their blue ribbon-capable defense.

RIP Hacker.

Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jan 12 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

If the Jets were playing The Colts, I would have picked The Jets to beat them, but since they are playing The Chargers, I think The Chargers will take them out. On the AFC side, Chargers and Colts win, and The Chargers beat The Colts. On the NFC side The Cowboys and The Cardinals win and The Cowboys beat The Cardinals. In the Super Bowl we'll see The Cowboys upset The Chargers.
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Jan 12 2010 04:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck the Chargers and fuck Phyllis Rivers!
P.S. Fuck Dan Fouts, too.

I hope the Colts win it all so Peyton can get another ring. I'd like him to get at least 3 (though I doubt it'll happen) to shut the pieholes of all the people slurping Tom Brady. I like Brady, but he isn't GOAT. He is up there, but he isn't the one. Plus, the morons who were saying dumb shit like he will probably end up with 5 or 6 rings need shot. I hesitate to say it, but I'm starting to think Manning is the best ever. Some more rings would just help validate that for those who think it is Brady.

Sexton Hardcastle
PostPosted: Jan 12 2010 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope Manning doesn't win it for all the facts you just mentioned. I don't think either of them are the greatest QB's of all time, but I do think Brady is better, but I'm not gonna bother debating it because I'm sure you've learned the same thing I have when it comes to that argument. It's just better to agree to disagree. But I do have to ask, what is GOAT?
Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Jan 13 2010 02:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greatest of All Time?
P.S. If Farve has another year like he did this year (assuming he plays next year) I will have to put him into the top spot of greatest all-time, and I don't like Farve either.

username
PostPosted: Jan 13 2010 02:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i was always a huge fan of warren moon. i recognized he's not the best of all time, but he might be one of the greatest.

Klimbatize wrote:

scamrock
PostPosted: Jan 13 2010 06:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
I hope Manning doesn't win it for all the facts you just mentioned. I don't think either of them are the greatest QB's of all time, but I do think Brady is better, but I'm not gonna bother debating it because I'm sure you've learned the same thing I have when it comes to that argument. It's just better to agree to disagree. But I do have to ask, what is GOAT?

GOAT = Greatest of All Time.

Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with anyone unless they say dumb shit like Brady will retire with at least 5 or 6 rings. People actually do say these things.

No, I realize greatest ever isn't for certain. I have about 8 guysthat I think are in the conversation that should be in everyone's top 10. But aside from that, I can easily see why somebody would say any of those 8 were the best ever.

Those 8 in no certain order:
Unitas
Montana
Elway
Marino
Favre
Manning
Brady
Young

I notice a lot of people would put Sammy Baugh and Otto Graham in the conversation as well. I just haven't seen enough of them to be able to put them on my list.

Sexton Hardcastle
PostPosted: Jan 13 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

scamrock wrote:
Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with anyone unless they say dumb shit like Brady will retire with at least 5 or 6 rings. People actually do say these things.

No, I realize greatest ever isn't for certain. I have about 8 guysthat I think are in the conversation that should be in everyone's top 10. But aside from that, I can easily see why somebody would say any of those 8 were the best ever.

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Marino
Favre
Manning
Brady
Young

I notice a lot of people would put Sammy Baugh and Otto Graham in the conversation as well. I just haven't seen enough of them to be able to put them on my list.

That's a pretty damn solid list you have right there. I would even put Terry Bradshaw in there, I know his stats aren't the greatest, but the guy did have four Super Bowl rings. That has to count for something.
scamrock
PostPosted: Jan 14 2010 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
scamrock wrote:
Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Marino
Favre
Manning
Brady
Young

That's a pretty damn solid list you have right there. I would even put Terry Bradshaw in there, I know his stats aren't the greatest, but the guy did have four Super Bowl rings. That has to count for something.

I usually put Bradshaw and Tarkenton as my 9 and 10. Again, I possibly should have Baugh and Graham in my top 10, but I just haven't seen them enough. There are some other guys who are top 15 possibly 9 and 10, like Staubach, Fouts Mad , Moon, etc. But I usually give it to Bradshaw and Tarkenton for no other reason than Bradshaw's 4 rings and because Tarkenton had all the records before Marino. Namath is tricky because he was always so overrated. Now, because he was, people seem to counter that by saying he was garbage. The truth is, he is probably in the top 20 someplace, maybe top 15 depending on how you rank them. I also like Jim Kelly quite a bit. Shit, Warner has to be up there as well.

I should come up with a top 25 or something.

Johonto
Title: The Newbie/Metalladdict
PostPosted: Jan 19 2010 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey. 1st post. I'm a avid colts fan also. I was watchng a conference of theirs and they were saying that when Manning (greatest qb of all time) retires they want alex smith to replace him. Keep an eye on smith. Tho he prolly won't leave the 49ers that kid is gonna go places.
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 07:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Alex isn't leaving the Niners. He's said on multiple occasions that if it were up to him, he'd finish his career there, even taking a paycut to stay in SF last season when other teams were offering him a lot more money. Now that he, and the team, is on the rise and actually starting to play really well, he'll be in San Fran for a long time.

I was thinking about the QB GOAT list last night actually and for me, the top 3 have to be Montana, Manning, and Favre. All of them have become such huge legends, I don't think any QB in the future will ever be able to rise above them.
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I don't think any QB in the future will ever be able to rise above them.

*coughTomBradycough*
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jets, Jets, Jets. Yeah I'm probably gonna lose money at work again this year but I don't care. I don't have these fucking 15 year old Jet's jackets for no reason.

username
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzell wrote:
Jets, Jets, Jets. Yeah I'm probably gonna lose money at work again this year but I don't care. I don't have these fucking 15 year old Jet's jackets for no reason.

alright kevin arnold

Klimbatize wrote:

Pandajuice
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 03:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Quote:

*coughTomBradycough*

I've never been all that impressed with Brady and don't think he belongs in the top 3 of all time.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pandajuice wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
Quote:

*coughTomBradycough*

I've never been all that impressed with Brady and don't think he belongs in the top 3 of all time.

He's just as good as, if not better than, Peyton Manning. If he's not Top 3, he's Top 4.
scamrock
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 07:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
Pandajuice wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
Quote:

*coughTomBradycough*

He's just as good as, if not better than, Peyton Manning. If he's not Top 3, he's Top 4.

I'm not saying he isn't in the conversation, but personally, I still have Manning, Montana, and Marino above Brady as far as overall ability goes. Also, I would still take Unitas and Elway, and possibly Favre over him. I would probably take Brady over Young, though Young is the most efficient QB in NFL history.

For me, when looking at Manning, I have to look a little deeper.

I don't know much about Brady in high school, but he was an underrated college QB and ended up in the perfect situation in the NFL. When I look at Manning, I see a guy who was one of the top prospects in high school, one of the top college QBs for 3 seasons, a top NFL prospect, and one of the best NFL QBs ever.

A lot of people will say Manning plays so well because he gets to play in a dome half of the season. I say he played extremely well at Neyland Stadium in college.

A lot of people say he has always had the luxury of playing with top receivers like Harrison and Wayne. I say he makes his receivers better. Harrison and Wayne aren't the only receivers who play well with Manning. All of his receivers and tight ends have played well. Plus, several of Manning's college receivers went pro. None of them have really panned out. The only one of real mention, if any at all, is Peerless Price.

The only QB who has been more efficient is Steve Young.
The only QB with more 30+ TD seasons is Favre.
The only QB with more consecutive starts is Favre.
He has the most consecutive starts of any QB who has started every game of his career.
He has only 2 seasons under 4,000 yards.

I could go on and on.

For the people who always talk about how bad he is in the post season:
Tied for the most 300+ and 400+ yard games in the post season.
One of only four to have a perfect passer rating in the post season.
Has the biggest comeback in CCG history.

He has the durability and longevity of Favre, the efficiency of Young, the comeback ability of Elway, the poise of Montana, the mechanics of Brady, the ability of Marino and Warner to move the ball and score. It's like somebody took the best part of all the greats and made Manning.

Pandajuice
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 08:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree completely, well said scamrock. Not only all of that, but he is the only QB I've ever heard of that essentially runs that entire offense by himself. He'd be just as good with any OC or Head Coach because he's calling the plays.

Brady on the other hand, I'm not so sure he could play as well anywhere else under another coach. I'd love to see that if it ever happened so I may be proven wrong, but Brady to me is the poster child of a system QB. Take him out of the Belichik system, and will he be as good? I don't know.

He's definitely Top 10, maybe even top 7 or so, but I have a hard time putting him higher up than top 5.
Johonto
Title: The Newbie/Metalladdict
PostPosted: Jan 23 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think, the only reason why Brady is talked about is becuse of randy moss and wes welker. Without them. Brady is nothing. Also, lol to the jets fan. True dedication. Admire that.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Jan 23 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

College stats mean crap. Plus, Brady never got a chance to play college ball.

Quote:
Personally, I think, the only reason why Brady is talked about is becuse of randy moss and wes welker.

Pssh. He played better without them around.

Unfortunately, I think his better days are behind him.
Reply to topic

Jump to: