SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Brock Lesnar is seriously ill, possibly dying. Career over?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 16 2009 08:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/brock-lesnar-dana-white-mayo-clinic-mono-ufc-wwe/
Quote:
Brock Lesnar is so sick, he'll be going to the Mayo Clinic so doctors can figure out what to do -- but it will probably require major surgery ... UFC Prez Dana White tells TMZ.

White tells us Lesnar -- the UFC heavyweight champ -- is "very, very sick" with some sort of intestinal disorder , although listening to White, it sounds a lot more serious than that. White says the condition will require "major surgery."

White is going to visit Lesnar in the hospital and is trying to get him transferred to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most renowned medical facilities in the world.

White says Lesnar -- formerly of the WWE -- was diagnosed with mono more than a week ago and was "bummed out" that he had to cancel the fight and went to Canada to rest. White says Lesnar collapsed in Canada a week ago today and has been hospitalized ever since.

White acknowledges the current condition is not mono but he will not be specific. White says the condition is not HIV or cancer.

And, White tells TMZ, "There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again."

I'm sure you've all already heard this, since it's major news.

I never liked Brock, but this is sad.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 16 2009 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...get well soon Brock...I always liked ya! Except when you beat Kurt at WM19...but it was a damn fine match and you returned the favor after he came back. Plus your little heel speech at UFC 100 was AMAZING. Seriously...he's probably the prime example of what you'd want out of a wrestler and an entertainer...I hope this isn't serious.
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Nov 16 2009 08:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is terrible, out of fucking nowhere. I bet a lot of people thought he was full of shit (hand raised) when he backed out of his upcoming fight. Good luck.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Nov 16 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If anything happens, I'll cry. I don't care if the guy's an ass in real life, but I always liked him in WWF/E.

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 02:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I posted this on the MMA thread yesterday, but I will post it here as well. It's the article from Sherdog. It doesn't say anything about his career being over or surgury, but it basically says that he is real fucking sick and will be out for a while.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/White-No-Return-in-Sight-for-Ill-Lesnar-20949

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 09:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Some people don't realize how bad Mono can be if you get it later in life, one guy I know got it in his late 20's and had it for 2 YEARS. I hope Brock gets better, that's the main thing...if it is Mono, it could very well end his UFC career, which is fine as long as he recovers...he just had a new kid not too long ago too.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How sad. Sad I was always a fan of Brock's, in spite of his sandbagging later in his WWE tenure. He (along with, obviously, HBK's return and Benoit vs RVD) made Summerslam '02 my favorite WWE PPV of all time (and it still is.) His alliance (and later, feud) with Paul Heyman was awesome. I wish him a full and healthy recovery, and hope he can make it back in the MMA ring if that's what he wants to do.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How do you figure he was sandbagging? WWE didn't even have any real long term goals planned for him after the Goldberg feud, they wanted to pit him up against Holly again and Lesnar refused. He was also bothered by time constraints with family, since he had a small daughter at the time.

Yes, I know he basically pissed away a great future with WWE, but he wanted to try the NFL thing, which was stupid...but it was his choice. He tried to return to WWE after that failed and they didn't want him. Consider that Goldberg match to be a joint effort with all parties involved not giving a fuck; Lesnar, Goldberg, Austin, WWE, the fans...no one gave a shit by that point.
Ice2SeeYou
Title: Sexual Tyrannosaurus
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't wish that kind of illness on anyone, even though I'm not a Lesnar fan.

I hope he's able to come back full-strength, though.....he's got a lot of unfinished business in MMA.

Sydlexia.com - Where miserable bastards meet to call each other retards.

scamrock
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 03:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It appears that Lesnar has an bacterial infection in his intestinal tract.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lesnar-Being-Treated-for-Intestinal-Infection-20987

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe you guys liked him in WWE! He was basically Great Khali 1.0: a giant uncharismatic goon with no mic skills whatsoever and barely passable wrestling skills. My friends and I used to call him the Vanilla Gorilla because:

1) He was boring as fuck.
2) He looks like a shaved gorilla.

Also, all his tattoos are retarded.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 05:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While I agree with his tattoos...you have to be fucking INSANE to say he couldn't wrestle.

He was damn imposing, and always looked intense in the ring. Just hitting that F-5...you knew you were fucked...not to mention the triple powerbomb...he was just an absolute animal. Was he pushed too quickly? Some might argue yes, but it worked. Every feud he was in, felt real, his HIAC match with Undertaker was fucking epic. I didn't like him very much as a face, but it was temporary and he had a pretty good program with Angle, outside of the botched SSP.

Yes, he was a complete hoss, but he was intimidating on every level. The crowd marked HUGE for him as well.

As far as big muscley guys, he was better than;

Goldberg
Batista
Scott Steiner

He helped shape Smackdown into the better show, while Raw dealt with pose downs and necrophilia.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll definitely agree that he's better than Batista, but Steiner? No way. Steiner is awesome. Steiner's shoots and worked shoots are some of the most entertaining promos in wrestling. Unfortunately, he also has a ridiculous tattoo now.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 08:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Steiner was great in WCW, Steiner is good in TNA...Steiner's 2002-03 run in WWE SUCKED. The guy can hardly work, he was great back when he wore a singlet and mullet, but after abusing his body with steroids, he can barely move nowadays. And yes, I love Steiner based soley on this:

Sorry about the poor sound....you might need to turn it up

But come on man, you can't possibly believe that Lesnar was boring to watch. I can understand if you didn't like who he was, but he had some really good matches with people.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 08:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Steiner was great in WCW, Steiner is good in TNA...Steiner's 2002-03 run in WWE SUCKED.

So did Kronik's. So did DDP's. Kanyon was under contract for a long ass time, but they barely used him. Vince wanted to bury the WCW guys, plain and simple. Vince didn't even want Steiner, so they made him drop the title on the final Nitro.

Also, Scott Steiner does not and has not used steroids:
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 09:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While I see what you're saying, at least Steiner got a title feud going. DDP really got fucked over. The ovation he got when he appeared on Raw was huge. I'll never understand why they didn't use him better, because he was damn good and one of the best all around performers in the business. Kronik put on one of the worst matches ever, when they were told they were going to be sent to developmental, they quit. Kanyon always sucked in my eyes...I can't take that guy seriously at all, especially after his ridiculous shoot video came out. When Steiner came to WWE in 2002, his body was very broken down at that point, he served no purpose being in the title picture and put on some of the worst matches I've ever seen (Royal Rumble 2003).
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I guess sandbagging is unfair. I just have a very bad taste in my mouth left from that awful last match. Overall though I agree that his character work in the WWE was great, and he was competent enough in the ring to do what he needed to do.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...believe me...it's sandbagging across the entire board as far as everyone involved...the fans were fucking PISSED before the match even started...the match was placed on the card pretty poorly and WWE fucked it up by not getting Brock or Goldberg to agree on a contract months before their contracts expired...a BIG no no to pit 2 people together who essentially don't HAVE to give a fuck if they don't want to.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

Holy shit, I think I saw Chris Nowinski. He was fucking awesome. He could have been one of their top heels Crying
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I remember HATING Nowinski when he was in Tough Enough, I was pulling for Josh. Maven won, which was fine, until they started pushing him RIGHT AWAY. Completely killed any chances that Maven had to make it big. Nowinski was really good when he was brought it, except for the infamous Jackie Gayda match. It's a real shame he had that concussion problem. His work on the Benoit concussion theory was excellent as well, which is why WWE had to let him go.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He is still employed by the WWE just not in a wrestling fashion.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 17 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The WWE is pretty good about taking care of you if you get seriously hurt working for them. Droz worked for the company for years after being paralized.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 18 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
He is still employed by the WWE just not in a wrestling fashion.

He did promotional work for them, but after the the Benoit thing, he did a LOT of work with athletes who suffered head injuries. He might still be under contract, but I don't think he does anything for them anymore. Basically, he spends his days advocating concussion awareness.
scamrock
PostPosted: Jan 22 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lesnar Healthy, Returning This Summer

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Lesnar-Healthy-Returning-This-Summer-22157

Evidently, he is getting better. The doctors wanted to look at him again once swelling had went down. When he returned, the problem had corrected itself. He is back up to 275 pounds and believes he will be ready to fight this summer.

Reply to topic

Jump to: