[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Sydlexia.com NFL Deadpool

Reply to topic
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Sep 15 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
The man just oozes confidence, doesn't he?

I think Douche has forgotten the Vikings have the best RB in the league and a legendary quarterback.

Adrian Peterson was there back last year right? How many touchdowns did he score? 4? Oh yea thats right none! In the 12-10 win Minnesota won with a last second field goal. In the 20-16 game they once again had to come from behind to win in the closing minutes. 2 TD's in 2 games. A. This is a division game, these are always close. B. Farve has shown he isn't like he used to be with his horrible performance last week against the Browns.

The Lions get their first win in 19 games and move into 2nd or a tie for first in the NFC North this week. (Then they lose 14 straight)

Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Sep 15 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Vikings sport the best RB and the best Run Defense. As long as Farverer doesn't fuck up too much, they can't be beat by a team like the Lions. Did you know the Lions turned over 60% of their roster? Things look a little better for the Lions in theory, but not just yet. I would applaud a Lions win, the city of Detroit could use it. That would suck if they blacked out the Lions Game (If the game doesn't sell out, the NFL doesn't have to show it even locally)
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

...Douche, check the calender. It's 2009. You can't compare last year to this year.

And seeing how the Lions did last year, I'm not sure you want to.
Cpt. Fantastic
Title: El Capitan
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Let's recap: Lions suck, Seahawks rule. That said, I pick Washington this week.

"I have been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit"
-Mel Brooks

"I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor!"
-Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously none of you are sports betters. They look at trends and statistics. These games have always been close and barring a complete self destruct sequence I forsee the Lions winning their first game Sunday. Detroit gave the games away in the final moments. Last week I said the Baltimore Ravens were the lock pick, this week I'm going with my lock pick of the Lions. See you guys next week. (If not I'll slit my wrists)

Rydog
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay Mr. Vegas, would you bet your wrists on a team that is 1-13 against their opponent since 2002?
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 05:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
They look at trends and statistics

0-16 isn't a trend or statistic?

I also love how the Lions are your "lock", but you're not betting the real money on them.
Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While I'm not as convinced about the Lions are Douche is, I can see his point because I'm not as sold on the Vikings as everyone else is. Something just bugs me about them, and I just don't see the epic dominance coming that everyone else seems to. They haven't really done much of anything for the last 3 seasons, so I don't think adding Favre is going to suddenly catapult them into the Super Bowl.

And I think if it was as clear cut a victory as everyone assumes, more than 3 out of 15 people would have chosen them this week.
Rydog
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 07:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't consider anything about the Vikings, hold Peterson, epic. They play solid D, run great and if Favre can manage the game and not make stupid mistakes, they have a shot to make the playoffs and maybe do some damage. They would probably just make my top ten if I did a power rankings.

And part of winning a dead pool is saving the best teams for when choices get tough. If this thing goes 8 or 9 weeks, your gonna need a solid team to throw out even if there aren't any favorable match-ups. The Vikings pick is purely based on the match-up....would I choose the Vikes against many teams other than the Lions? probably not.

And Douche, even though your cries fall empty, your making me nervous about my pick, but I could never change because I am sure I wouldn't here the end of it.
Also, I would be happy to see the Lions finally win a game. It has been too long, they deserve a win for finally moving on with a lot of players and front office personnel....just wait until week 3.
Douche McCallister
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 09:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My pick for the real money isn't going to ever be for or against my team. I refuse to bet on my own teams however if they were to ever be in the superbowl I would probably bet against them so if the other team wins I still come out on top.

I'm just saying how many times can a team lose before they finally win a game 19 is my guess. This team has a large chip on their shoulders and your going to see that especially with them playing at home. Thankfully the Vikes Rush Defense doesn't bother me because we are more designed for the pass.

The whole saving the best teams for last is a myth, you never know who is going to be good. How many people do you think were sweating over the SD and NE games this monday. You pick to win and move on. You save the other teams so you hopefully won't need them.

Rydog
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that there are always some surprises good and bad, but I think that picking a handful of teams that are going to be really good is very doable. I don't mean to save five teams you think are great for later, just one or two, I mean deadpools don't usually last longer than 8 or 9 weeks anyway.
blkplaguelmc
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take Green Bay.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sexton, Adrenaline, and ToGdor are the only ones left to make picks.

And as far as the Lions go, there's no such thing as "due for a win". When they go out and win, then I'll take them seriously. Until them, fuck them.
lavalarva
2011 SNES Champ
PostPosted: Sep 16 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
And as far as the Lions go, there's no such thing as "due for a win". When they go out and win, then I'll take them seriously. Until them, fuck them.

How many more games do they have to lose to beat the longest losing streak of any professionnal sport? Up to now, the highest I've read about is 25 games, in the NBA.

Also, about being "due for a win" : http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_has_the_longest_losing_streak_in_NCAA_basketball
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 17 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

poor lions fans. almost as deluded as raiders fan.

wait a minute... im a raiders fan...

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Rydog
PostPosted: Sep 17 2009 09:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

At least the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl...in 2002? The Lions...well.....they....there was that one year when they... no no, actually there wasn't....hmmmm

Damn, good for you guys for sticking with your teams though, when I was old enough to really care the Pats had just gotten Bledsoe so they weren't too shabby.
username
PostPosted: Sep 17 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
At least the Raiders made it to the Super Bowl...in 2002? The Lions...well.....they....there was that one year when they... no no, actually there wasn't....hmmmm

Damn, good for you guys for sticking with your teams though, when I was old enough to really care the Pats had just gotten Bledsoe so they weren't too shabby.

i became a raider fans when i first played Tecmo Bowl. my brother loved them and they werent shabby as a team (bo jackson & marcus allen?! thats sick... and howie long of course) and i was in LA @ the time so they were the LA raiders. and i have been through some rough rough years.

@ least the Lions had Barry Sanders. man that boy was sick

Klimbatize wrote:

Pandajuice
Title: The Power of Grayskull
PostPosted: Sep 18 2009 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Barry Sanders wasn't from this planet. He almost completely carried that entire horrible franchise all by himself during his tenure there and is hands down my favorite NFL player of all time. Can you imagine a player in this day and age with as much talent as he had playing for the same horrible team throughout his entire career? Even in the early 90s that kind of loyalty demands mad respect.
username
PostPosted: Sep 18 2009 07:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

and the lions franchise screwed him, because they wouldnt take him off waivers or whatever they call it in the NFL. so he had no chance to play w/any other team. even though he wanted to

Klimbatize wrote:

blkplaguelmc
PostPosted: Sep 18 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pandajuice wrote:
Barry Sanders wasn't from this planet. He almost completely carried that entire horrible franchise all by himself during his tenure there and is hands down my favorite NFL player of all time. Can you imagine a player in this day and age with as much talent as he had playing for the same horrible team throughout his entire career? Even in the early 90s that kind of loyalty demands mad respect.

Amen
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Sep 19 2009 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna have to go with Tennessee this week
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Sep 19 2009 09:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

If ToGdor and Adrenaline do not pick this week, their randomly selected last-place teams will be:

ToGdor: Rams
Adrenaline: Jaguars.

Make your own picks by 1 PM Sunday to avoid this fate. That's also the deadline to change your mind. Douche, no shame in backing out of the Lions...
Rydog
PostPosted: Sep 19 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch...that's a tough draw for ToGdor...you should give them opposite teams for an evenly matched game.

Or do what you did, it's your pool after all.
UsaSatsui
PostPosted: Sep 19 2009 07:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
Ouch...that's a tough draw for ToGdor...you should give them opposite teams for an evenly matched game.

Or do what you did, it's your pool after all.

I -should- drop them entirely. The reason I'm not is because I know sometimes things happen that keep you away from the computer for a while.

Because of that, I'm doing it this way. And if you miss 2 in a row, you're out.
blkplaguelmc
PostPosted: Sep 20 2009 04:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm outtttta there. Fucking Packers, I just wanted to pick a game that no one else had. Should have just stuck with whoever the Lions were playing.
Reply to topic

Jump to: