SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Does anyone care about the RAW guest hosts?

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, does this shit bring in viewers?

Does anyone cream their pants when WWE advertises that C-List celebrities like Seth Green, Donald Trump, or ZZ Top will be hosting RAW? I imagine the goal of this venture is to bring in casual fans, but it hurts the product overall and pisses off the core fans.

On that note however, Robert Englund was telling people at the SD Comic Con that the WWE wants him to host an episode of RAW as Freddy. Now that I would watch. Not only would it be campy as hell, but it would actively remind people that Englund = Krueger and help to completely bury the shitty new movie.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Disgaearulz12
Title: A Dragon At Heart.
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 05:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well if they actually decided to stay just using Old WWF superstars it would be interesting, but selling out to get some random stars on the show like Shaq just to boost ratings really is stupid. I really enjoyed it when Ted Dibase was the guest host.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 06:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shaq was pretty damn awesome last night, to be quite honest.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 07:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shaq has been the best non-wrestler host so far. Seth Green was good. ZZ Top was just fucking cheessy and terrible.

"Let's just make terrible jokes that lead into our classic songs, and then we'll pretend were playing them!"

I want to see Bob Backlund and/or The Iron Shiek host. That would be awesome.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 08:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Shaq is AT LEAST a B-List celebrity.

ZZ Top was supposed to play live, but WWE officials were afraid fans would boo them. Dusty Rhodes was to introduce them if they played live. Speaking of which, Dusty should host RAW.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 09:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bret Hart, Taz and Hulk Hogan already declined being hosts in past and future editions. I guess it's because they know it's not a very good idea. Or not good at all, ratings-wise
Then again, I stopped watching wrestling on TV since some time because of broken hopes.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 28 2009 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I heard Hulk Hogan was receptive, but Vince shot it down, because he felt it was a waste of Hogan's drawing power.

I'm sure someone's pitched Savage and been shot down too.
Haddox
Flying Hellfish
Title: Pirate
PostPosted: Aug 09 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Why the fuck did Jeremy Piven host RAW as a heel? How does THAT help him promote his movie?

But tomorrow! Sgt. Slaughter!
SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 09:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't find Jeremy Piven or Dr. Ken to be funny. Then again, I never watched Entourage.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 09:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I'm sure someone's pitched Savage and been shot down too.

Savage gets the shaft alot. He is a legend but not on the status of Hulk Hogan despite the fact that they both along with about 5 other wrestlers made the 80's the best time growing up in United States history along with the NES.

80'S EARLY 90'S WWF + NES/SNES= EPIC WIN FOR THE AGES!

but OT I like Roddy Piper as a guest host and him in a feud with GoldDust similiar to their strange kayfabe that led to a "Hollywood Backlot Brawl" on PPV in 95 or 96
Haddox
Flying Hellfish
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 09:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that Vince HATES Savage. There are different rumors as to why.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

They should get Warrior.

Though it would have to be a pre-taped RAW, because you know they would have to edit the crap of anything he said.

But, it would still be insane.

"You have a match tonight Ran De-Orton. *snort* Against the surge of the powers of the galatic forces of the warrior spirits, Ran De-Otron. *snarl* And, also against Triple H!"
Ermac
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
They should get Warrior.

Warrior thinks he is more famous than he really is, he pisses everyone off he works with and even in interviews I want to smack the guy in the face with how non humble he is.
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

How about just having the Ultimate Maniacs, with the main event being them v Vince/Shane?

Warrior is a kook and all, but Laughing @ him calling HHH a "puffy twat." That was golden.
Haddox
Flying Hellfish
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

RVD worked some show with Warrior a few months back and he came away singing the Warrior's praises, saying he was a nice guy, a good worker, and misunderstood. He also did a pretty good impersonation of Warrior for Warrior's website.
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Warrior did a quick cash-in event in Italy last summer, perhaps it was for that? I remember the video with the impersonation, but not what it was for.
Haddox
Flying Hellfish
PostPosted: Aug 10 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, possibly. The dirtsheets all start to run together, so it could have been that long ago.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 13 2009 05:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Out of all the guest hosts, I liked Shaq's the best, simply because of the BIg Show-Shaq chokeout. Seth Green was awesome too, because he seemed enthusiastic, and when he was in the main, he did what he was supposed to do IRL; hit him once and run like a little bitch.

Piven's heel turn was very well done, but it was too late to save what he had already done. On the bright side, he did call SummerSlam SummerFest, which is pretty funny and I will now and forever call it Summerfest.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Aug 13 2009 09:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
Piven's heel turn was very well done, but it was too late to save what he had already done. On the bright side, he did call SummerSlam SummerFest, which is pretty funny and I will now and forever call it Summerfest.

I loved the part in the DX skit where HHH says, "Come on Shawn, I need you to help me take care of Legacy at Summerslam." to which HBK replies, "I thought it was Summerfest?"
Ermac
PostPosted: Aug 16 2009 03:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
uncle joe wrote:

I loved the part in the DX skit where HHH says, "Come on Shawn, I need you to help me take care of Legacy at Summerslam." to which HBK replies, "I thought it was Summerfest?"

HBK is always good on the mic, I just hope he retires at the right time before he totally ruins his legacy like Flair has.

uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 17 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Prinze was awesome tonight, and it looked like he genuinely loves wrestling. Too bad he was off for most of RAW.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 18 2009 09:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Up until about 4 months ago, Prinze was a member of the WWE creative team.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Aug 18 2009 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That right, Prinze was wasn't he?

So should I blame him for the rapidly declining Wrestling company WWE has become? Also, I wondered if that guy still had a job.

Shaq has been the best Guest Host so far. At least the Guest Hosts lighten up what is usually a boring weekly Raw.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Aug 18 2009 08:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

According to sources, some people like LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Bob Barker and Al Sharpton are confirmed to be hosts in future RAW editions, and they're in talks with Ashton Kutcher, Pete Wentz, the Osbournes, Serena Williams, Danny DeVito and Jimmy Fallon.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Aug 18 2009 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Prinze left to focus on his acting career. Also, I think he got frustrated that nothing he was pitching was being used anymore.
Reply to topic

Jump to: