[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
WWE Ruining Characters

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 03:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

nihilisticglee wrote:
WWE might really be trying this time,

I've heard this 1,000 times and it's not happening, at least not on Raw. Look at all the people who seemed to thrive elsewhere then they come to Raw and they are underutilized; MVP, Jack JackSwagger, Mark Henry, the list goes on! Sheamus now has a match, where people are thinking he might get a good rub, which I don't see happening. It's the same situation as when Cena faced Snitsky or Umaga, these guys are pushed as monsters "decimate" Cena, only for him to overcome the odds and win the match. That so called monster is then pushed back to midcard where he randomly shows up and beats down someone. Anyone thinking shit is going to change is sadly mistaken. I've tried time and time again to give WWE the benefit of the doubt, but they're really up shit creek with how they push people. In any given situation, the heel is always an absolute coward or a "fresh" monster, who sooner or later will lose to Undertaker, Triple H or Cena.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 09:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm staying optimistic and am really interested to see what they do with Sheamus, I always liked him since FCW.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 09:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sheamus has potential

But I don't see it going anywhere, I've seen it all too many times, quick monster push, title match, thoroughly beaten back to midcard.

I'm not going to watch Raw until we have a champion not named Triple H, Randy Orton or John Cena. The same goes for Smackdown with Undertaker and his poor little hips.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 09:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend watching ECW then, Christian heals all wounds.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh dude...I'm way ahead of you. Christian is one of the best champions I've seen in a long time. I was all for his move to Smackdown, but then I realized that they would underutilized him, so he's good where he's at.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, he's pretty much the best booked champion this year, him putting on PPV-quality matches on free television is just a side-dish to his awesomeness.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 24 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Also you'll be happy to find out who he'll be facing at TLC. Wink
Ba'al
PostPosted: Nov 25 2009 12:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, tonight's ECW was pretty awesome, especially with the Big Zeke face turn.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 25 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, big Zeke is a hoss I can get behind. Although I miss the way he was when he was backstage reading "War and Peace". That would be an awesome gimmick to have, when he's not kicking ass, he's getting philosophical on your ass.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Nov 26 2009 06:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
nihilisticglee wrote:
WWE might really be trying this time,

I've heard this 1,000 times and it's not happening, at least not on Raw. Look at all the people who seemed to thrive elsewhere then they come to Raw and they are underutilized; MVP, Jack JackSwagger, Mark Henry, the list goes on! Sheamus now has a match, where people are thinking he might get a good rub, which I don't see happening. It's the same situation as when Cena faced Snitsky or Umaga, these guys are pushed as monsters "decimate" Cena, only for him to overcome the odds and win the match. That so called monster is then pushed back to midcard where he randomly shows up and beats down someone. Anyone thinking shit is going to change is sadly mistaken. I've tried time and time again to give WWE the benefit of the doubt, but they're really up shit creek with how they push people. In any given situation, the heel is always an absolute coward or a "fresh" monster, who sooner or later will lose to Undertaker, Triple H or Cena.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? If you hadn't seen the match, then I don't think there's much room to talk. Cena put over Punk over better than anyone in the last 9 months. He sold Punk like a champ, and for a second I swore Punk had a chance of winning. The fact that he stood toe to toe with Cena will only be helpful down the road when they eventually do feud. Swagger hasn't sucked since he's gotten to RAW, he's just wrestled Bourne and Primo too many times for my liking. And are you not watching the elevation of Kofi Kingston into the main event? I dislike Kofi but the way he is pushed is marvelous. You can also look at the pushes o R Truth, Drew McIntrye, Miz, Morrison for examples. It may not be happening as fast as you'd like, but it's happening. They're being pushed; they have to be; HBK and H aren't getting any younger. DX have tried to put over the LEgacy kids as well, but Ted Jr. sucks, and Cody is only good on the mic. Umaga sucked and so did Snitsky. I hate Sheamus, but he's not expected to go over at the PPV; this is just a test to see how he handles the waters, since Triple H is high on him and all.

Cena may be stale on the microphone, dude is one of the better wrestlers on the roster. Yeah, his offense doesn't include 900 flips, but he's worlds ahead better than anyone on the TNA roster, including AJ. His matches with Miz went along way into the push Miz has gotten now, since Cena gave him the stamp o approval to the backstage honchos. Remember, he made Swagger look like a million bucks when they wrestled.

As far as taker, when people wrestle him, sure they often never win if they're new, but his input on how you wrestled goes along way to if youre going to get a push or not. And did he not lose to Khali like 3 times in a row, and handily too?

As for Triple H. . . Yeah, fuck that guy.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 26 2009 02:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:

Dude, what the hell are you talking about? If you hadn't seen the match, then I don't think there's much room to talk. Cena put over Punk over better than anyone in the last 9 months. He sold Punk like a champ, and for a second I swore Punk had a chance of winning. The fact that he stood toe to toe with Cena will only be helpful down the road when they eventually do feud. Swagger hasn't sucked since he's gotten to RAW, he's just wrestled Bourne and Primo too many times for my liking. And are you not watching the elevation of Kofi Kingston into the main event? I dislike Kofi but the way he is pushed is marvelous. You can also look at the pushes o R Truth, Drew McIntrye, Miz, Morrison for examples. It may not be happening as fast as you'd like, but it's happening. They're being pushed; they have to be; HBK and H aren't getting any younger. DX have tried to put over the LEgacy kids as well, but Ted Jr. sucks, and Cody is only good on the mic. Umaga sucked and so did Snitsky. I hate Sheamus, but he's not expected to go over at the PPV; this is just a test to see how he handles the waters, since Triple H is high on him and all.

Cena may be stale on the microphone, dude is one of the better wrestlers on the roster. Yeah, his offense doesn't include 900 flips, but he's worlds ahead better than anyone on the TNA roster, including AJ. His matches with Miz went along way into the push Miz has gotten now, since Cena gave him the stamp o approval to the backstage honchos. Remember, he made Swagger look like a million bucks when they wrestled.

As far as taker, when people wrestle him, sure they often never win if they're new, but his input on how you wrestled goes along way to if youre going to get a push or not. And did he not lose to Khali like 3 times in a row, and handily too?

As for Triple H. . . Yeah, fuck that guy.

It doesn't matter HOW he sold him, because it was the predictable ending in a throwaway match. I'm past the idea of a heel ever getting a clean victory over Cena, it's just impossible. Tell me why they even decided to have a match? Punk has already been beat down by every other former world champion, it's almost like he's Edge 2.0. This is Bischoff booking, giving away good matches on free TV. You mention Cena not doing 100 flips, I don't want him to. He just wrestles the most predictable match since Hogan, you KNOW what's coming and the element of surprise isn't there. I like it that if you blink you miss something, you'll never get that out of Cena. Also one thing I've been critical of for a very long time is "one finisher to finish them all. I'd rather it sometimes take 2 or 3 finishers to put a HEEL away instead of, oh there's the Attitude Adjustment, yeah it's over. Watch the old Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero matches, you'd see several finishers but it would always be a time limit draw...and you couldn't WAIT to see them face off again. Yeah Swagger IS lost in the mix, which is why they're making him face guys that he's much better than. And Bourne...damn...they really fucked him over.

Plus you're absolutely right about Kofi for the time being, from what I've read they've made him solid every time. The problem is, do you follow it up and make him look like an equal to Orton, or do you allow him to go the distance and come up short, then have a series of forgetable losses after that? You mentioned the Miz feud, I actually believe that it did NOTHING for Miz and set him back a ways, he had to come back under a mask and take Kofi to the limit and finally beat him for the title in order to restore anything. You don't elevate someone if you constantly have them lose to a particular person even if they go the limit. Look at Jeff Hardy, he went against Triple H a year ago and kept taking him to the limit, finally beating him. What was Triple H's response? To laugh. Yeah, fluke victory...hahaha...real way to put him over. I don't care about Undertaker at all, he sucks to watch...it's like watching a 80 yearold man climb a flight of steps. Taker isn't 100% so why is he champion? He's going to get cheered NO MATTER WHAT. He is above the title, so why is he wearing it?
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Nov 27 2009 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Undertaker's still alive? Man, I should probably watch a few episodes and see if it's still in the suck zone I remember it being in. I stopped watching wrestling about five years ago, although I did go to an ECW event in Tucson about... hmmm, two years ago? Maybe three? That's where I met RVD. Frankly, my favorite time was the late nineties when we used to go see ECW (the real ECW) at the Downingtown Farmer's Market. Then they stopped coming because some crazy bitch jumped the barricades and tried to slap fight one of the wrestlers.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 27 2009 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Undertaker is still around and using the same schtick as 5 years ago. The only difference is he is a shell of his former self after Wrestlemania of this year. Every match is just really sad to watch, yet the put the belt on him. Why I don't know...people don't really pay more to see him as champion.
Ba'al
PostPosted: Nov 27 2009 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Taker nowadays only seems to be around for his streak, but if that's the case he shouldn't have returned and should've waited until around the Royal Rumble to come back and feud with whoever he's going to face at WM26.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 28 2009 02:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly! He basically came back because they were shortstaffed on SD, but even so they could've elevated someone or brought over someone else from Raw. Giving him the title was the worst offense and the reason why I'm no longer watching. It doesn't mean anything, other than a stat padder, and a very weak one at that. He could very well have an interesting feud going on with Batista right now, while Punk possibly gets a run from Morrison after Morrison drops the IC belt to Ziggler, but that's only in a perfect world. Ziggler is screwed btw, he's lost so many IC title matches that I can't ever see him winning now anyways, it's real sad since he had a TON of potential. But they'd rather not elevate anyone and keep dropping the belts to the same 3 guys and getting tons of title reigns.

And on that note (not refering to Taker), what's the point of being a 10 time champion, if 6 or more of your title reigns were a week or less? Look at guys like Punk and Edge, who win the belt but immediately drop it back to someone else.
Reply to topic

Jump to: