"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Jeff Hardy possibly not re-signing

Reply to topic
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Jul 26 2009 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Now I don't really watch Image or any wrestling much anymore really but I do read the rightups in case i miss something bad ass and from what I read and see occasionally Jeff Hardy has been doing well lately. That's why I am confused as to why he wouldn't re-sign.

If this is true predict floundering in the indies for 1-2 years followed by A)death by drug overdose, B) returning to the Image again

Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jul 26 2009 08:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

He said he wanted a time-off of wrestling in general, so he won't resign for sure.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 26 2009 09:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

WWE wants him to take a reduced schedule like Undertaker where he cones back every few months, beats the shit out of everyone, then someone kills him and he respawns a few months later.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Jul 26 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's easier to go along with any plans he'd have for a reduced schedule, than to pile a bunch of responsibility on him and have to deal with his wellness violations or when he randomly decides to go be a hippie and paint in the woods or whatever.

Personally I've never seen the attraction to Jeff Hardy, he's sloppy and his fabled finisher is a buttflop that doesn't even hit the opponent. Even Shane-o Mac is more impressive than Hardy imo.
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jul 26 2009 02:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bouya wrote:
Personally I've never seen the attraction to Jeff Hardy, he's sloppy and his fabled finisher is a buttflop that doesn't even hit the opponent.

I too never really liked Hardy, the WWE has always had more consistence and more talented high fliers. However, I have to disagree with his finisher being bad, as I have liked other wrestlers using the senton atomico, I just don't think he does it very well.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Jul 26 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

....And he gets the title, so he's gonna be staying at least another month....Punk should've retained to be quite honest.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 27 2009 06:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've never felt strongly about Hardy. I liked him in his tag team days, but as a single competitor, I don't know. But I have NEVER understood the whole CM Punk thing. A midget with too many tattoos? What's the appeal? He's certainly no Rey Misterio.

Also, remember when Jeff Hardy got fired from the WWE for being a complete fucking mess, then went to TNA and got pulled off TV for the last few months of his contract for being a complete fucking mess? Then he went back to the WWE and suddenly, magically got his shit together?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Jul 27 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

nihilisticglee wrote:
I too never really liked Hardy, the WWE has always had more consistence and more talented high fliers. However, I have to disagree with his finisher being bad, as I have liked other wrestlers using the senton atomico, I just don't think he does it very well.

Yeah, I guess that's more what I mean. Like, I think the moonsault is cool, but not the way Lita used to do it.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 27 2009 08:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like how Jeff's Senton Bomb became the "Swanton" Bomb because Palsy McSlobberknocker got confused.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 13 2009 05:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it's called a Swanton because he turns his body very late in the move, where senton bombs are really just mid air rolls. But Hardy has been on FIRE though, and they hope that his title win will entice him to stay a little longer.

But good for him. He decided he wanted time off so he can heal his body and not end up like Bret Hart/almost every goddamn wrestler.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Aug 13 2009 09:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

He also has deal in the works for a reality show with MTV, and he wants to do that without interferance or input from WWE. So if he is not under contract with them, they can't touch the content of the show.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Aug 14 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh crap, I didn't hear about that at all.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Sep 11 2009 09:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the show will still happen after this?
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1252698615.php?style=dark

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Sep 12 2009 06:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
He also has deal in the works for a reality show with MTV, and he wants to do that without interferance or input from WWE. So if he is not under contract with them, they can't touch the content of the show.

That makes sense.

But do we really need another reality show?

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 12 2009 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Optimist With Doubts wrote:
I wonder if the show will still happen after this?
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1252698615.php?style=dark

It'll just be a different kind of reality show.
Reply to topic

Jump to: