Reply to topic
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 07 2010 07:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nasty Nas to Esco to Escobar
Now he is Nastrodamus
Nasty Nas to Esco to Escobar
Now he is Nastrodamus

saw this mofo tonight. good show. good energy. good music. just great all around. im probably biased cuz im a fan, but still... some good shit

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

bassguy252
Title: Professional Malcontent
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 02:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

last band I saw live was... Muse I think

Let's assume it's a mixture of the two!

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
3skulls
Title: Skinned Alive to Death
PostPosted: Jun 08 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Last show I saw was a great band from Brooklyn called The Obits at the legendary SanDiego venue The Casbah. Best Small "Dive" venue on the West Coast!!!

[img][/img]

3skulls means you die.

<

username
PostPosted: Sep 22 2011 01:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

BUMP

just came back from a free concert: MANU CHAO.

some french guy, speaks 8 languages, sings in spanish, french, english and portuguese i believe. at any rate, he is pretty bad ass. this was more of a rally of sorts, w/a concert thrown in. played for 2 hours, for free. had about 5 encores. im so glad i went as i almost bitched out & didnt go.

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Nov 19 2011 03:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

came back from watching Immortal Technique and a bunch of underground cats including GRIME, Jasiri X, RhymeFest, & Chino XL.

free concert, but they were taking "recommended donations" lol.

Klimbatize wrote:

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 19 2011 09:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am at GNR right now in Hartford. Praying that Axl shows. One hour in and the opening band isn't on the stage yet. I am still optimistic.

username
PostPosted: Nov 19 2011 09:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GPFontaine wrote:
I am at GNR right now in Hartford. Praying that Axl shows. One hour in and the opening band isn't on the stage yet. I am still optimistic.

my cousin said it took GnR 3 hours to get on stage last time

Klimbatize wrote:

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 19 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sebastian Bach just played a 1 hour set. It was very very good. His voice was quite impressive live. They are switching the set now for GNR. I am hearing that 11 ish is about when we can expect to see the show really start.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 20 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

House lights are still on. People are chanting. We continue to wait.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Nov 20 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Put your phone away, just in case. You know how Axl feels about pictures.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 20 2011 04:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

It started 2 min after my last post and went until 230. Amazingly good. More details tomorrow after lots of rest.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 20 2011 01:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The concert tickets listed the timing as 8PM... My wife and I arrived at around 8:40 figuring that there was no way it would start before 9.

At 9:15ish Bach got on the stage:

Sebastian Bach put on a hell of an opening show. He played an hour long set and knocked out Youth Gone Wild, 18 and Life, I Remember You, and Monkey Business. I have no idea what song he opened to, I don't remember the lyrics, I just remember thinking... holy shit... this is fucking awesome. He has this stage move that he repeated several times where he whips his corded microphone over his head like a lasso style, however he ducks his head in and out of the mic as it comes around and headbangs with each pass. Quite honestly... it was impressive that he didn't kill himself with the mic. Think about some heavy speed metal headbanging... that is how fast he was whipping that mic. Bach let us know that Axl was in the house and they exited the stage at 10:15pm.

At 11:30pm the theater went dark in preparation for GNR. Eerily that is not what started. In pitch black with thousands of fans getting excited a recording of the theme song to Dexter began to play. For those of you who haven't seen Dexter... it is a show about a serial killer... he is an anti-hero... but still a serial killer. I have never felt so creeped out in my life waiting to be stabbed in the back. For those who haven't heard the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZQrkLhSgpY

Moments after the song ended the stage turned blood red and DJ Ashba stood atop the highest point of the stage with a sunburst guitar, leather jacket and top hat... what a fucking douche.

Chinese Democracy began to play. Honestly, the song is decent, but it takes time to amp up. It wasn't my favorite choice for an opening, but at the same time, one minute into the presentation there were pyrotechnics, fireworks, lights, and the most energetic Axl Rose running all over the place.

They played just about every single radio hit that GNR has ever had. Its kinda funny because with just hits alone they filled 3 hours of time. In addition they played Whole Lotta Rosie, Another Brick in the Wall, Pink Panther, and I think The Who's Baba O' Riley... quite honestly it was Dizzy Reed's song on the Piano and I remember thinking "oh its The Who" and then they completely changed it up... no lyrics. I just don't recall which song it was.

I imagine that there will be a published setlist soon.

If you live in a city that GNR is going to pass through, the show is worth it.

Just to quickly get back to DJ Ashba... The guy is a decent musician, I just think it is douchey to dress up like Slash.

username
PostPosted: Sep 15 2012 03:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

just came back from Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, and Too $hort.

i got there late as i was watching the Ultimate Fighter, so i missed Too $hort's set (sad face), but Ice cube had a good set himself. im not a huge fan of Ice Cube, but he kept the crowd engaged, and played his greatest hits.

Snoop Dogg of course stole the show. he has a ton of great hits, so he kept playing crowd favorites and entertaining the crowd. he not only played his set, he also did a great job entertaining us.

Klimbatize wrote:

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( &#865;� &#8
PostPosted: Sep 15 2012 04:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Was he playing as Snoop Lion or has that not taken effect until his reggae album comes out?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

username
PostPosted: Sep 15 2012 05:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Was he playing as Snoop Lion or has that not taken effect until his reggae album comes out?

he was snoop dogg for this concert.

Klimbatize wrote:

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Sep 16 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 24 2012 06:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Saw Swans last night. It's in a four-way-tie with Zola Jesus, The Drums and A Place to Bury Strangers in terms of favorite live show. Literally the loudest band I've ever seen; they were so loud I could feel the music vibrating through the air onto my skin. Also Michael Gira has the stage presence of a norse god orchestrating a symphony from hell.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Oct 24 2012 06:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think i posted this:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2012/boucher-playing-fields-belfast-northern-ireland-13dc0929.html

Saw the Foo Fighters. They were okay. They played very well, very funny. Their set list was a bit dump to me. Too much of their new shit which i dislike.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 21 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just bought tickets to go see Jeff Mangum in two months. Sometimes dreams really do come true.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( &#865;� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 30 2012 03:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alice Cooper tonight, baby!!!

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

username
PostPosted: Nov 30 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lauryn hill this past monday. she was off the chain. she can definitely still sing and has way more talent than any of the other bitches singing nowadays

Klimbatize wrote:

Mick Bynes
Title: The Death Metal God
PostPosted: Dec 06 2012 03:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Death to All at the Irving Plaza in NYC in June or July 2012. I forgot which month... yeah that show was awesomesuace. I saw Death live! Gorguts was also live and honestly, they were a bit of a let down live. I do like Gorguts a lot too. One of the best technical death metal bands ever.

abufi
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Saw Swans last night. It's in a four-way-tie with Zola Jesus, The Drums and A Place to Bury Strangers in terms of favorite live show. Literally the loudest band I've ever seen; they were so loud I could feel the music vibrating through the air onto my skin. Also Michael Gira has the stage presence of a norse god orchestrating a symphony from hell.

i saw swans too somewhat recently. probably THE most incredible band i've ever seen live. loud as fuck... and i forgot earplugs. seriously though, they play so loud that you don't just hear the music, you feel it move through you. it's surreal as fuck.

last exact show i saw was a local punk show around here in DC that was basically all of my friends' hardcore bands playing in the top floor of a mexican restaurant, haha.

last more legit/notable kinda show i saw was... um... wow maybe it WAS swans. most shows i go to at this point are local punk shows; actually notable concerts are pretty few and far between for me because i'm not used to spending more than like $20 on tix for a show at this point.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot earplugs? How did you not die? Surprised

abufi
PostPosted: Jan 04 2013 02:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i kinda thought i was gonna while it was going on, really, it was legit so intense. i think at the very least, i left a little deafer than i came, haha. :S

Reply to topic

Jump to: