Hulk Hogan signs to TNA

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
Mike Awesome was full on win.

The Legend Killer! The Fat Chick Thriller! That 70s Guy! Didn't ICP destroy his Partridge Family bus?

I did love Mike Awesome. Where did he go? He wrestled at One Night Stand, and got booed hardcore.

Knyte wrote:
Even with Russo having religion, he is still Xenophobic, and borderline racist.

Yeah, he killed the WCW cruiserweight division. Killed it. And that was one of their biggest draws. He's done the same thing in TNA with the X division. The X division was fucking AMAZING at one point. Under Russo, Samao Joe's been X division champion. Samao Joe should never be X division champion.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
uncle joe wrote:

The Legend Killer! The Fat Chick Thriller! That 70s Guy! Didn't ICP destroy his Partridge Family bus?
I did love Mike Awesome. Where did he go? He wrestled at One Night Stand, and got booed hardcore.

He killed himself.

Quote:
Knyte wrote:

Yeah, he killed the WCW cruiserweight division. Killed it. And that was one of their biggest draws. He's done the same thing in TNA with the X division. The X division was fucking AMAZING at one point. Under Russo, Samao Joe's been X division champion. Samao Joe should never be X division champion.

Joe was an X division champion several times before Russo was on board. The difference being that Joe could perform at the same level as everyone else in the X division. He can't now though, which is a shame.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 02:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
Quote:
"I'm going to tell you something right now that you will absolutely not agree with, but I've been a wrestling fan my whole life and I will live and die by this. It's hard enough, believe me, I write this shit, it is hard enough to get somebody over. You will never ever, ever, ever, ever see the Japanese wrestlers or the Mexican wrestlers over in American mainstream wrestling. I’m an American. If I’m watching wrestling here in America, I don’t give a shit about a Japanese guy. I don’t give a shit about a Mexican guy. I’m from America, and that’s what I want to see."

Hmmmm... And now, in TNA under his booking, damn near every foriegn wrestler is in a heel group. (World Elite)

To an extent, he is right. It doesn't follow the same lines today, but that basically was the way it was up until the late 80's early 90's, with the exception being WWF back when their babyfaces were Italian immigrants. Most fans won't give a shit about someone from overseas no matter how good they are, it's just simple idiotic fact that the average redneck will not give a shit.

In 2003, when WWE was hyping the absolutely talented Ultimo Dragon, the fans shit all over it and he was quickly pushed out of light. When they had TAKA Michonoku, they first tried to push him as a babyface which hardly worked, even against evil Japs, so they turned him into a cowardly heel who had English dubbing.

And it's not Russo, it's everywhere;

Wild evil Samoans

Cold heartless Russians

Snooty Englishmen who act proper

All of these are staples of wrestling...you know why? CHEAP HEAT! You know how easy it is to get people to chant U-S-A?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 02:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WCW used both Masahiro Chono and Great Muta at various points, and both have held the NWA World Heavyweight Title.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
uncle joe
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
In 2003, when WWE was hyping the absolutely talented Ultimo Dragon, the fans shit all over it and he was quickly pushed out of light. When they had TAKA Michonoku, they first tried to push him as a babyface which hardly worked, even against evil Japs, so they turned him into a cowardly heel who had English dubbing.

He sealed his own fate when stumbled and damn near fell during his Mania entrance. He was lazy and a poor worker during his run. Trust me, they wanted this guy to succeed so they can capitalize on him like they did Rey.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 02 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
uncle joe wrote:

Knyte wrote:

don't talk shit about samoa joe. Bell

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Samoa Joe is fucking awesome. He's gonna kill you. But he's not X Division material. He's Heavyweight material.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 03:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

samoa joe is whatever he wants material.

funfact: at ROH's 100th show they had a six man battle royale vs. CZW, and joe asked me to hold a chair over the barricade so he could slam necro butcher's face into it. I feel that we connected on some level after that.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 04:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

nihilisticglee wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

He killed himself.

On my birthday no less. Sad

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 08:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:

funfact: at ROH's 100th show they had a six man battle royale vs. CZW, and joe asked me to hold a chair over the barricade so he could slam necro butcher's face into it. I feel that we connected on some level after that.

I love that Necro Butcher is in The Wrestler.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

uncle joe wrote:
He sealed his own fate when stumbled and damn near fell during his Mania entrance. He was lazy and a poor worker during his run. Trust me, they wanted this guy to succeed so they can capitalize on him like they did Rey.

You mean basically 8 months after he debuted? Unless you're an eagle eye...you'd be pressed to see that happen, plus WWE has edited it out of all replays.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but I think today, the most famous moment Taka had was landing on his face after being thrown out of the ring durring the Royal Rumble.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 03 2009 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
FNJ wrote:

I love that Necro Butcher is in The Wrestler.

I love that necro butcher wrestled in the wrestler, as opposed to the "standing in the locker room" cameo that most of the other wrestlers got.

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Nov 04 2009 04:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

Degenerate into something fool
We just got tired of doin' what ya told us to do
That's a breaks boy, Yeahhhh
Ah, That's a breaks little man, Break it down

this

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 09 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hogan recently mentioned Savage as someone he'd like to bring to TNA. Maybe he knows something we don't.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 01:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, and he also mentioned Austin, so he's probably just blowing it out his ass.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Hogan had a heart to heart with Austin: "Look, I know you really want to do movies, I did too. But just like my movies, your movies are all terrible and no one likes them. There's only two things you were ever good at, wrasslin' and domestic violence. And you're only gonna ever get paid for one of them."

But there's a rumor that Austin has a WWE contract that basically pays him not to wrestle.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I don't see Austin in TNA for any pay day, despite what people think, him and Vince are very close. Even during the time when Austin walked out, Austin basically just sat by the phone waiting for Vince to apologize. Also, unlike Hogan's movies, Austin's movies make a steady profit on DVD.

I don't see Savage in TNA even if Hogan hinted at it, since Hogan hinted at Savage in the HOF a couple of years ago on Raw when he said "Ooh Yeah!"
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the only reason Savage isn't in the HOF is because Vince is an idiot. There was an uphill fight for YEARS to get that Savage DVD released, he was going get a Legends action figure until Vince killed it, and he was going to be in Legends of Wrestlemania until Vince killed it. Pretty much every non-Vince person in the WWE knows that Savage is highly marketable, but Vince is having none of it.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 01:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Which is exactly why I believe Vince McMahon isn't the smart businessman everyone attributes the success of professional wrestling to. Just look at Black Saturday...
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 01:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hogan said in a recent interview that he taught Vince the business. And while Hogan is undoubtedly putting himself over, I believe it's true on some level. I certainly don't believe Vince has any sort of innate business skills.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 01:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In all due respect, I think there were a few who taught it to him, Pat Patterson is probably one of the closest to Vince and one of the few people who's usually liked by most of the guys unlike Strongbow, Dillon, Lanza or anyone else Vince had as a trusted aid over the years.

Vince has definately been on auto-pilot since his XFL disaster, sure he pulls little things out now and then, but it never has a lasting effect, just the quick fix. His stubborn behavior in recent years only adds to the idea that he's seriously off his rocker now.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 07:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With Shane and Linda (If her congress bid is successful) are out of the picture, then that only leaves Stephanie as the sole heir to the empire when Vince steps down or dies (More likely). It will be interesting to see what HHH & Stephanie do. Would they honor Vince by still blacklisting the people that Vince didn't like? Or would they be smart enough to know that what's right for the business is more important than personal feelings?

Speaking of Blacklisted people. There are rumors right now that Ultimate Warrior could be the Main inductee into the 2010 Hall of Fame.

Quote:
The Ultimate Warrior could be a surprise inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame next year as the often troubled relationship between the former WWE Champion and Vince McMahon has apparently been thawed out.

On top of that, Warrior lives in Phoenix — the site of WrestleMania XXVI — and it's interesting to note that the event will be the 20th anniversary of his epic victory over Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI. Furthermore, he has been featured on the company website much more frequently in recent months.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 08:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit. Please let that happen! The Warrior's acceptance speech would be epic.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Nov 10 2009 08:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! The Warrior would be amazing as the headliner inductee, we still need Arn Anderson, The Road Warriors, and Ted DiBiase Sr. too though.

On the topic at hand, I think Stephanie would be much less hard-headed than Vince when it comes to running the company, she'd probably be more than willing to work with Savage or at least acknowledge him.

Reply to topic

Jump to: