[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Walking Dead

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Nov 10 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
A grenade saved is a grenade for a later time.

OTOH, a grenade saved looks pretty stupid if you end up getting overrun by the undead when you could have used it. Worked out okay in this case, but still...

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Nov 10 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I predict he tosses it in his wife's tent as she's doing his old partner. Justice.

Seriously though, this woman is already banging her dead husband's partner after he's been presumed dead for, what, a month at most? You got over it that quickly? Enough to go sneaking into the woods to have horrible sex in the dirt, while the undead could be walking around anywhere? You can't even go into mourning for the father of your children for longer than a few weeks? You in that much of a hurry to bring a child into this shitty undead world? She better have had her tubes tied, because I sure didn't see him strapping on a jimmy hat and I'm guessing she didn't pack any birth control pills while in a mad dash to get the hell out of the town overrun by zombies.

You didn't think to maybe venture into the hospital he had been laid up in while in coma to see if he was still alive? But you're OK with people taking frequent jaunts into Atlanta for some supplies?

Bitch.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Nov 10 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure the implication was a previous affair was already going on, judging by the partner's "concern" in the opening. But still, it's major bullshit and the partner should die a slow, painful zombified death.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 02:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I guess I missed that part. Double bitch!

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

IceWarm
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 06:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

That is why the casting of Shane is spot on. You love to hate this guy from scene one frame one line one. Shane is what Stone Cold would call a "CLB" like he did Christian back in the day.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying anyone has, but if people who have read the comic start spouting off spoilers in this thread, I will punch many, many weiners.

I haven't read the shit, assume none of us have and it'll work out for the best.

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 10:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm with Woodzy. Except for the weiner punching, he is handling that.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wish everyone in the goddamn world didn't have stupid tattoos, or that television producers would make them cover them up. When the lady gets her shirt ripped off during the angry sex scene, she had a really dumb tattoo that seemed very uncharacteristic for the wife of someone as wholesome as that other guy. He doesn't strike me as the type of person who'd marry someone with a dumb tattoo.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed the same exact thing. I then thought "Good, push her head in the dirt. Whore."

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very small comic spoiler request (just mark your answer as such so Woodzy and co can avoid it):

Is his wife this big an asshole in the comic, or is this something the show invented?

militarysignatures.com

Vaenamoenen
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Having seeing the first episode I'll join the praising crowd. I think it did everything right, starting from slow zombies. Can't wait to see more.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 11 2010 07:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you want some spoilers, go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead

This is the wiki page for the comic, and has a Plot synopsis.
Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

How about last nights episode? The look of terror on those two's faces when we walked out of that truck to camp was priceless.

Whore.

And anyone else notice that the Hillbilly who was handcuffed's brother is one of the Irish Brothers in Boondock Saints?
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
And anyone else notice that the Hillbilly who was handcuffed's brother is one of the Irish Brothers in Boondock Saints?

I knew I recognized him from somewhere! Smile

Now I'm on the fence about Lori. I was ready to smack her at the end of last episode, but now I'm thinking that the sex scene between her and Shane (that's his name, right?) was just very poorly handled. Based on her reaction when Rick showed up (and her reaction when Shane tried to horn in on her kid again), she clearly cares for Rick a lot, and feels that the affair was a mistake. So I dunno.

Loving the show though. #3 was the best yet.

militarysignatures.com

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 04:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

#3 was pretty good. Only 3 more episodes??? Lame.

And if you remember, she thought that Rick was dead which Shane told her was true. I don't think hers was a look of terror but a look of "What the fuck, you told me he was dead" which I realized after we found out Shane told her that.

Love that he cut his hand off, I was thinking -Saw I- once I saw the hacksaw, and bam!, hand, cuffs, hacksaw...dude gone. Good stuff.
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
And if you remember, she thought that Rick was dead which Shane told her was true. I don't think hers was a look of terror but a look of "What the fuck, you told me he was dead" which I realized after we found out Shane told her that.

Yep. My assessment exactly.

militarysignatures.com

chazzlabs
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 04:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
Love that he cut his hand off, I was thinking -Saw I- once I saw the hacksaw, and bam!, hand, cuffs, hacksaw...dude gone. Good stuff.

Did he cut his hand off though? If you're handcuffed to something and you have access to a hacksaw, why would you cut off your hand instead of cutting through the cuffs or whatever it is you're cuffed to?

It makes more sense to me, especially after they clearly showed his bloody wrist, that the hacksaw was too far out of reach and he might've just yanked his hand so hard/so much that it eventually was torn off.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

chazzlabs wrote:
Rydog wrote:

Did he cut his hand off though? If you're handcuffed to something and you have access to a hacksaw, why would you cut off your hand instead of cutting through the cuffs or whatever it is you're cuffed to?

It makes more sense to me, especially after they clearly showed his bloody wrist, that the hacksaw was too far out of reach and he might've just yanked his hand so hard/so much that it eventually was torn off.

He's a redneck dumbfuck, maybe he figured flesh and bone are easier to cut through than steel? Time was a factor in this since he had at least two walkers clawing at the door.

As a reminder, this has been picked up for a 2nd season so it's thankfully not the end.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 05:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

chazzlabs wrote:

You can't just tear your hand off. He definitely cut it off himself. Why didn't he cut through the cuffs themselves? Because he had a fuckton of zombies trying to get at him and he was probably freaking out. At that moment a lot of people would also opt for the "easy" way, which is through flesh and bone and not metal. That takes a fraction of the time.

Great episode, and it's setting up some great stuff down the road. I was also bummed when I heard only 3 more episodes. Hopefully the newly ordered ones are up in a few months and not like a year or something.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 05:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
chazzlabs wrote:

You can't just tear your hand off. He definitely cut it off himself. Why didn't he cut through the cuffs themselves? Because he had a fuckton of zombies trying to get at him and he was probably freaking out. At that moment you're going to go the easy way, which is through flesh and bone and not metal. That takes a fraction of the time.

Great episode, and it's setting up some great stuff down the road. I was also bummed when I heard only 3 more episodes. Hopefully the newly ordered ones are up in a few months and not like a year or something.

*coughs then laughs*

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 15 2010 07:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Atma wrote:
How about last nights episode? The look of terror on those two's faces when we walked out of that truck to camp was priceless.

Whore.

Apparently you missed my comment on Page 2, regarding Murphy.

My wife and I were bummed, when they mention that their were only 3 episodes left of the season....
Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Nov 16 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
Apparently you missed my comment on Page 2, regarding Murphy.

I did, 1000 Apologies.

Eh, maybe though about her not being a whore. I still think she jumped on his best friends dick a little too quick.
IceWarm
PostPosted: Nov 18 2010 08:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:
Very small comic spoiler request (just mark your answer as such so Woodzy and co can avoid it):

Is his wife this big an asshole in the comic, or is this something the show invented?

She is kind of like that in the comics. She seems more bitchy in the show though but it was not something done just for the show. Shane on the other hand is given a ton of character development in the show. He does not really do that much in the comics. The scene where he is talking to Rick about his girlfriend in the first episode was written just for the show, that never happens in the comic.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Rydog
PostPosted: Nov 22 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So the latest episode was really good. The attack on the camp was pretty fun as well as the choice of one of the victims being the younger girl.
chazzlabs
PostPosted: Nov 22 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rydog wrote:
So the latest episode was really good. The attack on the camp was pretty fun as well as the choice of one of the victims being the younger girl.

Yeah, I was happy that something happened that was true to the comic. The rest of the episode, however, not so much. It was a great episode though.
Reply to topic

Jump to: