"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Keiji Inafune leaving Capcom

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Sep 18 2006 01:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

From http://megaman.retrofaction.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1158049525&archive=&start_from=&ucat=8&

"Inafune To Leave Capcom!
By LBD_Nytetrayn on Sep 12, 2006 03:25 am in Miscellaneous News
...well, sorta. Maybe, maybe not exactly.

IGN reports that Capcom and Games Arena(a subsidiary of Japanese communications company Dwango) will be creating a subsidiary called Daletto Co., with Capcom holding a majority interest.

With Mega Man and Dead Rising creator Keiji Inafune as president, Daletto will begin in October to manage amusement portal sites, which will cover all areas of online entertainment, from management of online titles to web-based sales, as well as avatar character development and sales.

It is expected that certain titles from Capcom's list of franchises will be pulled for the service's use.

Naturally, of greater concern to some may be where the Mega Man/Rockman franchise may go from here. Many feel that the games suffer without Inafune's personal involvement, even though it seems the amount of his direct involvement in the games has been in decline over the recent years as he has continued to see promotions through Capcom, with some titles even being published by other teams and companies such as Inti Creates and Arika.

With his new duties as the president of Daletto, one can only wonder what will become of his involvement in the development of new Capcom titles.

In any event, congratulations to Mr. Inafune for his prestigious advancement, and may he find great success in this new venture."

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Sep 18 2006 02:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

As long as street fighter and resident evil are okay, im kosher.

Megaman was and is fun, but I'm okay with its departure. I never played dead rising.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Sep 18 2006 08:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Megaman ZX was made by Inti Creates, and it rocks.

Also, there hasn't been a new non-EX Street Fighter in years. I wish they would make Street Fighter 4, instead of rereleasing one of the other Street Fighter games for the thousandth time. For Christ's sake, hurry up Capcom!

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Sep 18 2006 07:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does this mean that Megaman won't be available on the Wii virtual console, somehow? I dunno. That was the first thing that sprang to mind, was that this guy was securing his shit so he could exclusively market it outside of the Wii, maybe?
TheRoboSleuth
PostPosted: Sep 19 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Char Aznable wrote:
Megaman ZX was made by Inti Creates, and it rocks.

Also, there hasn't been a new non-EX Street Fighter in years. I wish they would make Street Fighter 4, instead of rereleasing one of the other Street Fighter games for the thousandth time. For Christ's sake, hurry up Capcom!

There will never be a street fighter 4 in sprite format. Even if one was made, it would be 3d, and would end up like a poor mans tekken or such. Nobody hand draws sprites anymore, and nobody buys hand drawn sprites anymore. The street fighter fanbase is just not strong enough to keep whats now a niche game afloat, and nobody young, new to videogames, or burned out on old ones wants to take it up.

Thats why you see games like capcom vs snk vs marvel vs etc. They are sort of banding together, using old sprites to save money, and desperately trying to make a profit off of them.

sigh. Crying

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Sep 19 2006 07:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for crushing my dreams.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 19 2006 09:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think we could see a new Street Fighter 2D at some point. Look at Guilty Gear; that's 2D and it has a pretty strong following. At the very least, Capcom is rumored to be in talks with DC Comics, which may lead to a Capcom vs. DC game, as well as other DC licensed games.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 19 2006 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd much rather see a Capcom's Marvel vs. DC, but no way in hell it'd ever happen.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Sep 19 2006 04:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Capcom vs DC would be cool. Akuma's kicking your ass, Superman!

TheRoboSleuth
PostPosted: Sep 20 2006 05:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The boss is pre crisis superman. you can never win!

Nuclear Man will make an appearance, when you fight on the moon level.

Or how about my favorite DC superhero, the question? Damn unlikely he'll make an appearance.

Aquaman does not get to be in it. He has undeserved fame, and should be dropped in favor of better superheroes like hawkman or blaster master.

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Sep 20 2006 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Akuma kicks the ass of all! Twisted Evil

Speaking of which, check out young Akuma (then Gouki), from Street Figher Alpha the movie.

Weird!

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Sep 20 2006 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Char Aznable wrote:
Akuma kicks the ass of all! Twisted Evil

Speaking of which, check out young Akuma (then Gouki), from Street Figher Alpha the movie.

Weird!

I'll see your Akuma and raise you a Shin Akuma.

As for match-ups I'd like to see
Akuma vs. Darkseid
Strider Hiryu vs. Batman
Leon Kennedy vs. Deathstroke the Terminator
Ryu vs. Superman
Mega Man vs. Blue Beetle

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Sep 20 2006 06:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Akuma kicking another Akuma's ass!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PYZmXAN-tus"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>

The Mech Akuma is especially interesting.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 20 2006 09:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RobotGumshoe wrote:
Nuclear Man will make an appearance, when you fight on the moon level.

I'm banking on that WB nor DC will ever use that character again. Nonetheless, if he were a secret character in a video game, I would never be as happy again. Ever. I'd have to turn to a life of crime.

RobotGumshoe wrote:
Or how about my favorite DC superhero, the question? Damn unlikely he'll make an appearance.

Curious, did your love of The Question come from the Bruce Timm revamp? Because I had no idea who he was until JLU. I am told he is equally awesome in the comics, but hardly used.

RobotGumshoe wrote:
Aquaman does not get to be in it. He has undeserved fame, and should be dropped in favor of better superheroes like hawkman or blaster master.

Poor, poor Aquaman.

Actually, this is probably not the best place to ask, but if Lori Lemaris (Superman's mermaid girlfriend) was Atlantean and could read minds, doesn't that mean Aquaman would have the same powers?

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: