[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Looney Tunes: Back In Action

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 03 2006 07:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What do people think of this movie? The Looney Tunes hold a special place in heart, so I enjoy it. There's plenty of in-jokes and cross references and it's just light years better than that god awful Space Jam movie. The only thing I don't like is the ending.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Sep 03 2006 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was pretty good, but I saw it a couple of years ago. How'd it end again.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 03 2006 07:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It turns out that none of the stuff really happened, that all the people were just actors, and it was all an elaborate scheme by Bugs to get Daffy to make another movie with him.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Sep 03 2006 07:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh. That's retarded! Mad

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Sep 04 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

You need spoiler tags, fuckface Cool

I'll still watch it of course.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Sep 04 2006 05:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts? I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first 30 minutes or so. Right up to the Gremlins reference (Gremlin car while the Gremlins theme plays over the soundtrack, get it?)

The first half hour is full of funny gags and inside references, plus a great chase through Warner Bros. studio rivaling Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. And the Scooby Doo scene! Genius!

But, like Goldmember, after the amazing start the movie goes waaaaaaay down hill and never recovers. What I also enjoyed was that the plot of the movie was changed drastically, so most of the deleted scenes on the DVD have nothing to do with the movie that was released. I believe a Michael Jordon cameo got cut (or it's still in there), but I'm fuzzing on how the theatrical version ended... something to do with Area 51.

Once again, the first 30 minutes are wonderful, but man... it really, really, really got bad after that.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sep 04 2006 06:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm not surprised to learn it got screwed with. Joe Dante is a pretty cool guy and I know a lot of his ideas got shot down. He wanted to do the Roger Rabbit thing and include a few non-WB characters, but the studio wouldn't let him. The only ones he was allowed to use were Scooby and Shaggy, and only because WB was producing Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed at the time.

The movie doesn't end in Area 51, although they do end up there at one point. The movie ends with a showdown in space between Marvin the Martian and Daffy Duck (as Duck Dodgers). Bugs is incapacitated somehow, so Daffy finally gets to be the hero. He destroys whatever evil machine Steve Martin had built, the day is saved, etc, etc. And then it turns out they were just shooting a movie the whole time and Daffy didn't really the save day.

In a way, I guess it was kind of a clever ending. They hit so many cartoon and movie cliches (deliberately, of course) and then they avoided the biggest movie cliche of all by not giving us the happy ending where Daffy concedes that he needs Bugs Bunny and then Jenna Elfman and Brendan Fraser fall in love. On the other hand, it's a rather nasty swindle, because that's the way I wanted it to end.

The movie did have one of the best product placement jokes ever, surpassed only by Wayne's World and Talladega Nights.
Reply to topic

Jump to: