"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Final Destination 3

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 19 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the distraction battle, but it was a heroic failure. The real victory has been the loss of a mysterious link that used to haunt this thread.

And until I get to kick James Wong in the nuts and high-five Glen Morgan, the new DVD will be anything but "special" or "platinum".

I have no idea how the CYOA style of the DVD is going to work... I'd say DVDn that we saw with: Dungeons and Dragons: Scourge of Worlds.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 25 2006 07:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:
What are you talking about? They didn't learn a damn thing. Not to mention they were all annoying as sin.

Oh yeah? Well according to the television, I get to choose to who lives and who dies on the special edition DVD... and I say that Wendy and Julie get to live, dammit. And maybe Kevin too, if I'm feeling sporting. But he totally won't be invited to three-way.

In conclusion, I win. Take that, Tebor. Nyah nyah nyah! Razz

I've been playing around with the DVD a little bit today. Looks like the "Choose Your Own Adventure" style of watching the movie gives you about nine choices. Although sometimes its futile. Mostly, it's a cool way or integrating deleted scenes into the movie.

SPOILERS!!!

Example, the tanning bed scene gives you two choices. One gives you the theatrical version and the other gives you an alternate way the two girls die (one that involves a bit more ass nudity). Interesting to watch, but they both still die.

There is a super short version of the movie... which is followed by 80s style "Where are they now" title cards. Cheesy... but good, fun cheesy.

There's also a few alternate endings that can be chosen (probably more than I know of as I've been switching around a bit). One explains in rather disappointing fashion what happened to the survivors of the second movie which also ends the movie sooner and more definite. There's another ending which was the "original" ending which sucks to high heaven (it follows a subplot the theatrical movie didn't follow).

I'm not sure if this gimmick will catch on, but it makes sure I watch this rather lousy movie more than once.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: