[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Mortal Kombat II

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 20 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
How about least favorite MKII characters?

Mileena, I wasn't too fond of, but I think either Baraka or Jax were my least favorite. Baraka was just kind of a monster that was the token "cheap" character (see Oddjob in "Goldeneye" for example). Jax was kind of a generic black man. I wouldn't like Jax until he donned the metal arms in MK3, cause I'm a sucker for 'borgs' (yes, the term "borg" was just intentionally misused).

I also hated Noob Saibot for being the stupidest secret character of all time (or at least in that game).

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 20 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Noob wasn't stupid... but he was really, really cheap.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jul 20 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Liu Kang. He was a good fighter to be and a bit fun to play with, but I hated his character and story. Just a boring stereotypical hero character. If we were talking about all Mortal Kombats, Bo'Rai Cho is the worst MK Character of all time.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 20 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still say that Stryker was the worst MK character ever.

I also wasn't too fond of Nitara. She was an all right character, but her character model could have been done a lot better.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

My knowledge of the MK universe and its characters stopped at 4. But I have to saw one of the characters I just didn't care that much for would have to be either Sektor or Khameleon.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 01:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought Kano was pretty useless.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 07:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

TacoFace wrote:
I didn't thnk Doom was too unfaithful - fighting monsters on Mars, isn't that the story of Doom? I mean, sure, they made them genetically-engineered instead of opening a portal to Hell, but still - fighting monsters on Mars.

I did find that first-person shooter segment literally nauseating, though. And my biggest complaint was they didn't bring enough of the totally ridiculous-looking demons into the movie (cacodemon, I'm looking at you).

The Doom movie was really, really bad. So bad, in fact, that I wrote a Metroid movie script in honor of it's accuracy to the game. This is more of a summary of the script, but you get the idea. Here goes:

Samus, the smartest man in his space squad, finally stepped onto the planet SRR3R38 to kill the last of the Metroids. What the metroids were was a mystery, all that the science team knew was that they used to be humans that somehow got mutated into metroids through a chromosome. Samus grabbed his shotgun and told his squad, "Cover me, guys, because I'm the toughest space pirate ever." A metroid then suddly popped out and ran at Samus. Samus dodged the Metroid's charge and ducked under its claw attack. Samus shot the Metroid with his shotgun, barely surviving the attack of flying snakes that the Metroid shot at him. Suddenly, a shadow was cast from behind Samus. Samus, without turning around, said, "Ridley, I knew you'd show up." Samus turned around saw his enemy Ridley, the neighborhood bully ever since Samus was a kid. Ridley responded cooly with, "Samus, you're the dumbest guy ever. I knew you'd never be a good space pirate. I'm the best bounty hunter ever, something you could never be." Samus whispered, "I could have been a bounty hunter if I wanted to be the scum of the galaxy like you." Ridley walked off for no reason, leaving Samus confused. Samus and his squad made their way deeper into the space planet base, using their screw attacks and whatnot to go there. Also, grappling beams. Finally they arrived in the computer lab and saw a woman. She was a beautiful woman who was working on a keyboard in the midst of a dimly lit lab. "Mother Brain.", said Samus. "Surprised to see me? You knew I'd be here at the end, waiting for you. I've always loved you.", said Mother Brain. Samus said, "I don't understand why you left me and became a computer hacker, changing your name to Mother Brain. Let's just leave this place, it's hell. It always has been. I remember when bad things happened here when I was young. But hey, let's not go into that. I love you." Suddenly, the base's countdown explosion started. Ridley came back and attacked Samus and Mother Brain, but he lost. The End.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 07:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, one more thing...

Is anyone down for a SydLexia.com Forums MKII tournament?
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar, didn't you post your Metroid treatment elsewhere in the forums a while back?

I agree with Cattivo's choices on least favorite MK II characters. I never liked Mileena, and I don't remember Jax having any particularly memorable moves. And I was never a huge fan of Johnny Cage, but that was because the way he controlled always seemed a bit wonky.

And yes, Stryker is absolutely the worst MK character ever.
TacoFace
Title: Young Gun II
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There were a whole bunch of MKIII characters that I couldn't stand, such as all those damn palette-swapped robots, but of all time my least favorite character - Kano in MKI. Just useless, totally useless. And his fatality was just ripped straight from Temple of Doom. Also, his white costume looked awful.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:

I totally am Very Happy

The worst character in MK history, eh? I'd say Sindel. Never liked her powers, look, control, strength, etc. All she really had going for her was the hair. And every time I play as her, I can only think of that blasted movie: "Too bad... you... will... DIE!" ugh...

EDIT: Apparently, Noob Saibot is really the original Sub-Zero... grrrrr... I'm fairly sure that's been retconned Evil

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 03:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Jax can pretty cool. I forget how he works in MK2, but in later games he could chain throws to do sick damage.

And yeah, I'm down for some MK2.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:

In theory, absolutely. How would it work?
TacoFace
Title: Young Gun II
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 06:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also be in, if you'd have me, but how this tournament going to be played out?
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I've always liked Stryker, and never understood the hatred for him. He was an ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances. Plus, he was a pretty decent fighter. I'm excited for him to make his long awaited return in Armageddon, and his character model is much awesomer than before.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 21 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Quote:

I've always liked Stryker, and never understood the hatred for him. He was an ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances. Plus, he was a pretty decent fighter. I'm excited for him to make his long awaited return in Armageddon, and his character model is much awesomer than before.

I just like him for kinda resembling Cole Hauser, physically and in personality.

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jul 24 2006 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So about this tournament thingie...?
Tebor
PostPosted: Jul 24 2006 03:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
So about this tournament thingie...?

I reckon we start a MAME private server line and a time and then go at it for a few hours.

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Jul 24 2006 05:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, Syd. I'm just using this forum to introduce myself. I've been reading your articles since April, but this is my first post.

Anyway, I haven't played arcade MK 2, but I have played it on the Super Nintendo. My favorite characters are Raiden, Sub-Zero, and Baraka.

Also, how do you post an avatar?

Thanks!

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 24 2006 05:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I activated your other account registrations manually, but the confirmation e-mails kept bouncing back...

The site does not currently allow avatar uploads. You can either use an image from elsewhere on the web (as you are doing now) or use one from the site's avatar gallery.
Char Aznable
Title: Char Classicâ„¢
PostPosted: Jul 24 2006 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I figured it out, thanks Syd!

Anyway, the emails bounced back because Hotmail deactivated my account.

Sorry about that.

Reply to topic

Jump to: