"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Bubble Bobble for NES - interesting post I'd like to share

Reply to topic
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=bdf17ca78c8b5a6cf312fe969eaf6d6a&threadid=1932509

There's a pretty crazy post here about a boss a guy got in bubble bobble that WASN't super drunk...read the thread, tell me what you think, I'd like to see if this is unfounded or if it's possibly real and emulatable.

To sum it up:

Apparently a few people, upon reaching the end of the game, do not fight Super Drunk but instead have had a giant flying regular monster that shoots homing beer bottles at them, who is psychotically hard. To put it into perspective, it's stated that it's like 5 billion times harder than the final boss of Snake Rattle 'n Roll.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds made-up. Until someone can confirm how to replicate it, I'm not buying it.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jun 29 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I believe it, but I hope its true, and the post about the Tileset with a picture is quite interesting. It's one of the last posts if any oen else wants to see it.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Sounds made-up. Until someone can confirm how to replicate it, I'm not buying it.

I agree with you for the most part, but I want to believe it's true.

Once on blaster master I had some wacky shit happen to me on the first level. I was underwater shooting this one block on this progressive staircase of blocks with the car's cannon when all of the sudden the block turned into a face, it was like, the ordinary block turned into this contorted, sad, dying face.

I've never ever EVER been able to redo it.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 08:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

We've all had those once in a lifetime glitches with dusty NES carts, but this just seems too elaborate.

My best Bubble Glitch was during a two player game, Baron Von Bubbla came after me and I tried to dodge, but he eventually nailed me. When he disappeared, he left a white blob on the screen. It just a glitch, but my friend and I were convinced it was the key to some super secret warp or something.

I also did the small Fire Mario trick in SMB one day before school. I showed my brother, but no one else would be believe that it happened and none of us could replicate it because our timing sucked. Years later I found out it was a semi-famous trick and that the legendary Minus World was for real.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Umm...I replicated the small fire Mario thing like 3 or 4 times. I thought I was actually the first one of us to do it?

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I could never get to the Minus World in SMB. I finally resigned myself to merely viewing pictures of it online with the knowledge that it was apparently not all that cool anyway. Stupid grapes are probably sour anyway... Wink

Meanwhile, I've never heard of the small fire Mario trick. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 30 2006 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't feel bad DarkMaze, I've never been able to do the infinite lives trick without using emulator save states to cheat and try over and over.

Small Fire Mario works like this... Get to Bowser as Super Mario. Jump over Bowser and stand by the axe. This works best in earlier levels before he's throwing hammers. As Bowser approaches you, jump up so that you hit Bowser and the axe at the same time. If you've done it right, Mario will flicker as though he's been hit and you'll hear the shrinking sound. However, you will not actually shrink.

In the next level, the first power-up box you hit will have a Magic Mushroom in it. Grab and you will shrink. Hit a second power-up box and a fire flower will be inside. Grab it and you will change to into small Fire Mario. It's pretty cool. There's no animation for small Mario throwing a fireball, so everytime you throw one, you will morph into Super Mario for a split second. One hit will kill you.
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Jul 01 2006 01:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Damn that minus world trick. I remember being told about it when I was in about 3rd grade, and we heard from some second hand sources and they told us how to get it completely wrong. They said in World 1-2 there was a secret block, and if you hit it, you would be transported to a secret water world. Well, I told my friend about this and we were off to find that secret block, we must have hit every single possible block in World 1-2, but were never able to get that secret world. Oh well, years later I actually learned the truth of it and found it that it really wasn't worth any of the effort we put in years earlier.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jul 01 2006 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't say that the Bubble Bobble thing has happened to me, and I can't count the hours I've played that game. I worse glitch I had was getting killed by those fuckers in Level 57 and my death animation froze and I never respawned. It was especially upsetting because I had been playing from level 1 with getting the umbrella.

On Mario, I remember doing the koopa shell on the stairs trick accidentally when I was 6-7.

RIP Hacker.

shiny
PostPosted: Jul 13 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I did a small fire mario trick when I was 8-9, but in a completely unique way(!). I thought I was crazy, until I read about it many years later on the net. So, my way was to accidently push the NES from the table, letting it fall on the floor Smile. It survieved, but my Mario got crazy - he was small and spitting fire Very Happy
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jul 17 2006 06:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I call Barbarian Stratego.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: