"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Scientology = Dead horse?

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 04:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

This was originally a MUCH longer post, but out of fear of offending people and risk being modded, I've cut it down to this:

"I just visited YTMND and now they have a whole section dedicated to Scientology. WTF!?

Look, I know it's funny, but shut the fuck up already!"

The point I was going to make is why are we making fun of the members? To me that insulting. Technically, it's their beliefs. At first, I was laughing along, but now with YTMND joining the thousands of other anti-scientology sites that have sprung up, I'm just getting offended as a human being. People are starting to sound like Nazis and that both sickens and repulses me.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 06:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's just not as funny when Tom Cruise isn't being a douchebag,
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 08:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
It's just not as funny when Tom Cruise isn't being a douchebag,

Which is 90% of the time in life Wink

Come on, his good movies outway the bad. No one cared about his personal life until his Nicole break up... and then Katie dating/engagement.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Scientologists lawyers sent YTMND a cease and decist, YTMND was all "HEY! IT'S 'MERICA! FUCK YOU!", I support YTMND in their efforts.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still, just because you can doesn't mean you should. But YTMND is made up mostly of adolescent boys, so who am I to judge? Boys will be boys .

I'd also like to add "emo" to the list of dead horses. They still suck, but I hate how "emo" has become the new "gay"... Not that that's a bad thing...

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 14 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I made a scientology YTMND, pretty much if nothing else to piss off the legal department of scientology, not to disrespect anyone's faith.

You don't see the legal department of Christianity (PROTIP: NO SUCH THING EXISTS) suing for the "Our god is an awesome god" YTMND's where jesus just says LOL and some catchphrase a lot. Although I suppose those aren't so much disparaging towards Christianity as they are simply offensive to only the most "Professionally Offended" people (you know the type, the type who get uptight about you saying the word "jipped" because it's a derogatory term towards gypsies...because, you know, you've really met a gypsy in your life...no, really, you've totally met one). Basically, losers with sticks up their asses.
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
You don't see the legal department of Christianity suing for the "Our god is an awesome god" YTMND's where jesus just says LOL and some catchphrase a lot. Although I suppose those aren't as disparaging as they are simply offensive to only the most stick-up-the-ass losers.

Scientology is the only... um... religion to be copyrighted... But if Jesus had a better law firm, I'm sure the savior would be suing many more people and kicking much ass for the Lord.

However, despite my love of the Jesus, I do enjoy seeing the "Jesus: LOL" YTMND every now and then.

*Just in case, I know you know that Scientology is copyrighted, I just needed an introduction for my "Dead Alive" reference.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jun 15 2006 01:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, I know. I totally caught that. I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD. Fucking creepy baby.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 17 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
This was originally a MUCH longer post, but out of fear of offending people and risk being modded, I've cut it down to this:

"I just visited YTMND and now they have a whole section dedicated to Scientology. WTF!?

Look, I know it's funny, but shut the fuck up already!"

The point I was going to make is why are we making fun of the members? To me that insulting. Technically, it's their beliefs. At first, I was laughing along, but now with YTMND joining the thousands of other anti-scientology sites that have sprung up, I'm just getting offended as a human being. People are starting to sound like Nazis and that both sickens and repulses me.

Scientologists seem to be bringing it on themselves (and not just because they believe we're all haunted by alien ghosts that were flown here on interstellar 747s.) I think a big strike against scientologists was the stink Cruise made over the Scientology episode of South Park. Messing with South Park is messing with like 78% of the population of the internet and if there's one thing people like to do online, it's bitch about things. Oh Cruise being a total fucking whack-job all of a sudden isn't incresing their popularity much either.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

RegalSin
PostPosted: Jun 17 2006 12:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

They messed with the Episode ?
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 17 2006 03:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Black Zarak wrote:
Scientologists seem to be bringing it on themselves (and not just because they believe we're all haunted by alien ghosts that were flown here on interstellar 747s.) I think a big strike against scientologists was the stink Cruise made over the Scientology episode of South Park. Messing with South Park is messing with like 78% of the population of the internet and if there's one thing people like to do online, it's bitch about things. Oh Cruise being a total fucking whack-job all of a sudden isn't incresing their popularity much either.

Saying scientology deserves media raping is like saying Affleck, Aniston, Pitt or someone deserves constant paparazzi abuse. There's a point where interest fades and publicity becomes a personal grudge. Heck, I hope those jerks were watching Brittany crying on NBC last night and cheer to themselves: "HAHA! WE FINALLY DID IT! WE MADE THE BITCH CRY!!!" It's sick.

I'm also fairly sure that the Tom Cruise backlash wasn't the biggest stink against South Park; It got some publicity because of his name. While Tom Cruise is exuberantly happy lately, most of it has been blown out of proportion by the media. As for the internet nerds who come running in the defense of "South Park", I hope they realize they are defending an icon and not the actual people. While I do believe suing "South Park" is usually a stupid thing to do, I'm not sure I'd come running to its defense. Hell, Matt Stone and Trey Parker are two of the biggest... (insert word here*) on the planet. "South Park" is funny, but I really find it sad when people feel they need to defend it because they think either no one else will or they actually believe the people behind the show are saints.

Just in case, going back, no, I don't like Brittany Spears, but I do think the media hounds have gone way too far lately. Not so much for the tabloid shit, I'm talking CNN, talk shows, and other mediums. While it is a free country where people are free to express their opinions, if you have a sizable audience, you must realize the responsibility your voice has.

Let's look to the net: Brian Clevinger has a sizable audience. He has a legion of mindless followers who will agree with anything he says because he makes 8-bit theater and likes City of Heroes and Rifts. Clevinger hasn't abused his power yet, but if he did, it could start some serious net backlash. Now, these hosts never ask for these things. Heck, even if they did ask people to stop, some will keep going. Yes, the internet is full of douchebags.

Here's the awful truth, the media picks up on internet trends now. They will show crap on YouTube if it's Tom Cruise electrocuting Oprah or something. Why? I can't think of one logical reason! That's why I tend to get so defensive when I see negative trends starting on the net. It's going to seep into active medias. Hell, we have the Juggernaut shouting "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" in a movie now because it was an internet trend... FUCK YOU, INTERNET!!!

Black Zarak, I apologize. Some of this post sounds like it's an attack on you. It's not. It's just some angry 2:30am rantings.

Happy Father's Day everyone.

*I wrote a few words here and every one of them seemed either too mean or would reflect negatively of me as a human being.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 04:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Saying scientology deserves media raping is like saying Affleck, Aniston, Pitt or someone deserves constant paparazzi abuse. There's a point where interest fades and publicity becomes a personal grudge. Heck, I hope those jerks were watching Brittany crying on NBC last night and cheer to themselves: "HAHA! WE FINALLY DID IT! WE MADE THE BITCH CRY!!!" It's sick.

I don't know. I still that time when Ashton Kutcher made Justin Timberlake cry on Punk'd was one ten greatest moments in world history. Sadly, it was later marred when Ashton brought Timberlake back and let him play a prank on someone else.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 04:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:

I don't know. I still that time when Ashton Kutcher made Justin Timberlake cry on Punk'd was one ten greatest moments in world history. Sadly, it was later marred when Ashton brought Timberlake back and let him play a prank on someone else.

Wow, I missed that! Gotta go hunt that down on YouTube.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 04:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSlFTnjF5Cc&search=timberlake

It took me an hour, but wowza. Celebrities are real bastards to each other. I completely endorse celebs hurting other celeb feelings if they can laugh about it the second Kelso shows up.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jun 18 2006 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Another classic Punk'd moment, Frankie Muniz's car gets stolen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAhFR2_qDs&search=muniz
Reply to topic

Jump to: