[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
No one gets it.

Reply to topic
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 19 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Do you?

See, it's a parody of this;

The "Snakes on a Plane" one is easy to get. Whoever gets the joke behind the "Clash? On my bridge?" one is my hero.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 19 2006 01:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it's from one of the Final Fantasy games on SNES. I think it's from either Final Fantasy II (aka Final Fantasy IV in Japan) or Final Fantasy V.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 19 2006 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking V because I know IV and VI like the back of my hand... and I only went through V once.

RIP Hacker.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 19 2006 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played any of them in quite awhile, but it looks like it could be Gilgamesh, Lord Exdeath's comically inept henchman. I really liked FF5. I played a translated ROM of it years ago, before it was released on a PS collection.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sock
PostPosted: Mar 19 2006 05:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's Gilgamesh. The song that played when you fought Gilgamesh on that bridge (I seriously need to grind through FFV again) was called 'Clash on the Big Bridge'.

I'm a giant fucking dork.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 19 2006 05:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite part of that game were the inclusion of the two ridiculously impossible enemies... the dragon in the treasure chest and that robot thing. The items you got for beating them were absolutely worthless too, but if that if you took a picture of your TV screen with the items in your inventory, the Japanese version of Nintendo Power would print your name in a hall of fame section.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Mar 22 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Clash on the Big Bridge" is one of the songs on the Black Mage's first album and it's good. (What one isn't?)

I bust out laughing everytime I see that image now. Oh man. I just woke somebody up laughing.

Sock, did you make this? If so, would you mind if I put it use-bombs somewhere? If not, I'll have to find the source... or just steal it... but I'd rather have permission. I'm just so nice. >_>

RIP Hacker.

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have yet to obtain the black mages Album but Gilgamesh was and is probably my most favorite thing about FFV. He was like the Turks all in one.

The fact is Gilgamesh was one big gimmick in FFV especially when he would screw up and do something like proclaim he has the ultimate sword when he really has Excalupoor or would get thrown off a ship or in the second half of FFV when they reach other world.

Also right before you face ExDeath he will appear one more time to save the day and be a good guy for once with a Self destruct. However I don't know if this change the ending since this is a optional battle to unlock a save point.

What really made a diffrence of excitment in FFV was his theme song. Thinking back on it FFV was and is the best FF of all time the fact not only they animated the backgrounds of the battles but the music was off the hook.

I could still hear the drums of ExDeath what a sad fellow being born of the tree of life influenced by the dark Crystals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snakes on a Plane is just some stupid movie staring our favorite Samuel L. Jackson.
The idea is there on a plane with Snakes and there attacking everybody. LIke that movie with the bird sanctuary. It's pretty sad movie. IF there was a Snake expert then th whole thing would be over in seconds.
Sock
PostPosted: Apr 29 2006 06:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, crap. Month late, but yeah, it's all yours Ryco, if you still want to use it.

And yeah, The Black Mages rock, hard. If you dig The Black Mages you'll most likely enjoy Guilty Gear X2; Korean Sound Version.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 04:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jun 07 2006 08:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

JEW wrote:

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 12 2006 04:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

just wait.... there's gonna be a snakes on a plane videogame now.

Reply to topic

Jump to: