"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I'm this close, this close to becoming a Websters definition

Reply to topic
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 08 2006 04:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.highervoltage.info/index.php?title=RegalSin

Now all I have to do is wikipedia this and add some pictures and presto I am a definition.

Did I just score a Homer?
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 08 2006 05:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
http://www.highervoltage.info/index.php?title=RegalSin

Now all I have to do is wikipedia this and add some pictures and presto I am a definition.

Did I just score a Homer?

If by scoring a Homer you mean you just made an ass of yourself, then yes.

Chrisby
PostPosted: May 08 2006 05:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Just.....just wow.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 08 2006 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd showed me this earlier actually. You have to be totally retarded to actually post it yourself.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 08 2006 07:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Syd showed me this earlier actually. You have to be totally retarded to actually post it yourself.

This where I got it from. I had assumed that you'd be too lazy to check the forums today and that if you did, you'd be too lazy to click on any links you saw.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 01:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

What I find most upsetting about this whole situation is that Kerri Hoskins has posted on that Higher Voltage site. What the hell? I like her way more than those guys. Christ, I even did a Revolution X review.

As far as I can tell, the site is just a message board... they don't have any actual content. And then they created a goddam wiki site to keep track of all their inside jokes. If I ever do something like that, please kill me. That sort of uber-geekery scares me. But hey, I feel like freakin' Mad Max by comparison.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
And then they created a goddam wiki site to keep track of all their inside jokes. If I ever do something like that, please kill me. That sort of uber-geekery scares me. But hey, I feel like freakin' Mad Max by comparison.

Will do. Actually, I was just about to recommend the wiki path since I'm currently addicted to mucking up wikis at wikia.com. Now I'm glad I didn't and I shall continue cheesing off Star Wars, 24, and Blair Witch geeks with my fanon.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Kurt
PostPosted: May 09 2006 03:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm truly fucking speechless.
BBH
PostPosted: May 09 2006 08:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
As far as I can tell, the site is just a message board... they don't have any actual content. And then they created a goddam wiki site to keep track of all their inside jokes. If I ever do something like that, please kill me. That sort of uber-geekery scares me. But hey, I feel like freakin' Mad Max by comparison.

hahahahahaha

fucking co-signed

and I clicked on that expecting the definition of RegalSin to be bumping old-ass threads.

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 09 2006 08:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... wow... I agree with Doc Jeebus. For RegalSin to actually be proud of this is just incomprehensible.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's the same sadness I feel when I see someone who likes to hang out with a clique that makes fun of them constantly and treats them like shit.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
It's the same sadness I feel when I see someone who likes to hang out with a clique that makes fun of him constantly and treats him like shit.

Like Brendan Fraser in Bedazzled?
Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

It may be sorta fun to have our own wikipedia. Then again, I want my failure to finish a second article to be as famous as Homer Simpson never going to work...that or I'll finish some after finals since I have a couple that are partially done.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
It may be sorta fun to have our own wikipedia. Then again, I want my failure to finish a second article to be as famous as Homer Simpson never going to work...that or I'll finish some after finals since I have a couple that are partially done.

See, if the site had a wiki, you probably wouldn't like the entry on you. It would go something this:

Dr. Osian "Jeebus" Christ

Known to SydLexia.com visitors simply as Dr. Jeebus, he is Syd Lexia's brother. Shortly before the site's 1 year anniversary, Jeebus was given a position as site staff in order to help curb Syd's deteriorating ability to provide weekly articles due to time constraints. This plan failed, however, as Jeebus has contributed only one article in 9 months. Several users have offered to write for the site in the past, but were politely declined because Syd cannot offer monetary compensation, which would allow for a binding contract ensuring exclusitivity of content. Jeebus' rabid sloth is, inevitably, a dagger through the hearts of these aspiring writers.
Dr. Jeebus
PostPosted: May 09 2006 02:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I do like that. You'd have to let me co-pen an explaination of the ful name though.

#edit: It's actually Dr. Jeebus Osian Christ. None of it is a nickname, just first middle and last.

UsaSatsui wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 09 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
#edit: It's actually Dr. Jeebus Osian Christ. None of it is a nickname, just first middle and last.

I like it better the way I wrote it.
Deezee
Title: Disregard me.
PostPosted: May 10 2006 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.

I should make a Wiki that has an article about every day of my life, because people would want to read that!

Also...

Syd Lexia wrote:
Several users have offered to write for the site in the past, but were politely declined because Syd cannot offer monetary compensation, which would allow for a binding contract ensuring exclusitivity of content. Jeebus' rabid sloth is, inevitably, a dagger through the hearts of these aspiring writers.

Couldn't you get around that by, say, paying people a cent for their contribution or some such?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 10 2006 06:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Deezee wrote:
Couldn't you get around that by, say, paying people a cent for their contribution or some such?

In order for a contract to hold up in court, fair consideration must given to both sides. Thus, if a judge decides a contract is unfair, he can void it. That's why more people don't try and trick people with a poor grasp of the English language into contracts that screw them over.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 10 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
In order for a contract to hold up in court, fair consideration must given to both sides. Thus, if a judge decides a contract is unfair, he can void it. That's why more people don't try and trick people with a poor grasp of the English language into contracts that screw them over.

So you're not going to offer a contract to Regal then I guess.

Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: May 14 2006 08:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Good for you, getting name for being illiterate net fool. Way to go
kskoptkhpåånf ?! got that ?

I'd rather burn out, than fade away

rj815
Title: Dslycixe
PostPosted: May 19 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think the first port is a rather good example of a paradox.

The strange this is, RegalSin CAN be coherent (or at least semi-coherent) at times (such as the Video Game Quote thread), but for some damn reason he chooses not to be most of the time.

I REALLY don't mean to sound insulting, but I wouldn't be surprised if RegalSin had some serious mental problems.

Permanently under construction.
"We have to kill the animals, or else they die!" ~ South Park
"The Window is now open, may the rain drizzle in." ~ RegalSin (slightly edited)
S. McCracken wrote:
Fuck, you really are a retard.

RegalSin wrote:
The retard who plays Mortal Kombat.

Reply to topic

Jump to: