"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
GameStop drops N64 and PS

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: May 06 2006 05:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We all know June 1st is when the video game chain drops N64 and PS games. I've spent the last couple of weekends buying some games I've always said I'd buy but never did.

Is anyone else on this last minute quest? If so, what are you buying?

Among the games I got today was "Star Wars Masters Of Teras Kasi". I'm playing it right now and actually I'm finding it surprisingly fun. I'm usually not into the whole 3D fighting games, but throw in some Star Wars characters and music and I'm content ^_^

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 06 2006 05:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Are the games marked for clearance?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: May 06 2006 07:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I recently went looking for Project Overkill for PSX, but to no avail. I was sad.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 06 2006 09:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Are the games marked for clearance?

Kinda but not really. Some games are $.99, but the good/cool games are still as much as $19.99 used. There'll always be eBay I guess.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: May 06 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I rely on flea markets for my Playstation and 64 games.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Kinda but not really. Some games are $.99, but the good/cool games are still as much as $19.99 used. There'll always be eBay I guess.

Fuck it then. If I can't get WWF No Mercy for $5, then they don't want to get rid of it bad enough.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 07 2006 03:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Wrote:
Quote:
Fuck it then. If I can't get WWF No Mercy for $5, then they don't want to get rid of it bad enough.

I never liked gamestop for that kind of mindset. At "small-town" used videogame stores, they can be much more reasonable.

Gamestop kinda reminds me of wal-mart. only much more evil and unreasonable.

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 07:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gushoshin wrote:
Gamestop kinda reminds me of wal-mart. only much more evil and unreasonable.

Here, here. I remember back when they still carried NES carts a few years ago, they wanted $19.99 for Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link. Are you fucking KIDDING me? I was like, to hell with this, I'll just download the damn ROM. And I did. Tnen a few years later, Nintendo Power had a promotion where if you entered the serial codes from at least three Nintendo products from a preset list, you'd get a free Legend of Zelda collection for the 'cube. So now I own it legally again. The collection is pretty badass... it has both NES Zeldas and both N64 Zeldas. The only bad thing is that they intentionally left A Link To The Past off of it because they had just re-released it for the GBA.
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well to be honest I think I my N64 collection is pretty cool( trying not to hate myselft for spending $60 on a $7 game) I just need Mario Tennis and the GBC Lara Croft.

For PSX I need all those wuvly RPG games that I missed out from buying a N64.
I mean Alundra people, you have to own Alundra. Whats even more funny about it when they did port Alundra II over there was a big arugment over who gets the Rights to the game or something.

Gamestop are idiots just for that. Is PSX going to be playable for the PS3? what about N64 and it being the last cart based.

Still all those sweet RPG games on the PSX. Also lets not forget about the orginal MDK before they went to the dreamcast.

Alundra even has those Kkeeee People from Viewtiful Joe and Silhouette Mirage.
What the heck was I on when I wanted a N64 for Christmas. PSX was the real SNES2.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 07 2006 02:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I only seem to buy a game once in a blue moon and GameStop is the only local store to still carry N64 and PS games. I never really saw them as evil, aside from a clerk there has been reported to wanting to kill me on more than one occasions. I tend to buy new games at Best Buy or Circuit City though.

Kurt
PostPosted: May 07 2006 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Like Tebor here, I rarely buy new games since most of my favorites are on the older systems. I used to shop at this little local store, but they turned it over to new management, hired lots of asshole employees, raised the prices, and started selling Yugio cards. After that I pretty much stopped buying games altogether until a friend let me use his Ebay account. I occasionally buy games on Ebay, and when I can't find what I want there, I just head over to Best Buy.

Tebor wrote:
a clerk there has been reported to wanting to kill me
Yeah, I used to have that problem at a lot of local stores... Shocked
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Gamestop Clerks I remember being chased out of a store by one. The guy look almost like Billy Cohen from the RE0 game. When I tell the story I would reverse it to make me look good. The guy later was moved from that Gamestop to back into the mall where he was caught stealing from the store. Then again the staff knew the whole time.

Also before it wa funcoland ( this reminds me Clerks 2 is coming out ) when I was younger I went there and would cricking my neck almost a full 180 and a person said they would watch me do that over and over again on the Camera.

The first time I went there when they had the Blue Shirts. The guy would turn around and even if the game was there he would lie about it.

Also when Funco got sold to Gamestop etc. They fired all the staff and made the regular staff work more hours with the same amount of pay.

Then when the manager found out he left every case in the store open and turn pff the camera and left.

Then In the Gamestop Period almost every month or so they went threw a new manager. What would happen the manager would get demoted and you have a store with five managers.

This one guy was cool and everything and brought consumers to the store. He even talked about emotionaly how he never got a chance to even talk to his son on his Birthday. Then when he was fired he cried and begged for his job tearing all oever the place. Imagine somebody begging a store checker for there life.

The next manager came along and I was like "Best wishes"

Gamestop the revovling door of managers where all they really care about is getting reserves and selling the worst game. Watch out fro Cohen and his Tatoo.

I could go on forever about gamestop/Funcoland/and even Gamecrazy
Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 08 2006 01:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd wrote:

Quote:
you'd get a free Legend of Zelda collection for the 'cube. So now I own it legally again. The collection is pretty badass... it has both NES Zeldas and both N64 Zeldas. The only bad thing is that they intentionally left A Link To The Past off of it because they had just re-released it for the GBA.

Now now! you had to mention the gamecube and make your point about a million times more wonderful than mine Mr. Green

I only "kinda" liked the zelda games, but it was really cool you scored such a sweet deal. i almsot forgot about that promotion thing...

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Tebor
PostPosted: May 08 2006 02:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Speaking of Gamestop Clerks I remember being chased out of a store by one. The guy look almost like Billy Cohen from the RE0 game. When I tell the story I would reverse it to make me look good. The guy later was moved from that Gamestop to back into the mall where he was caught stealing from the store. Then again the staff knew the whole time.

Why are you being chased out of a store by Coen?

The first time I went there when they had the Blue Shirts. The guy would turn around and even if the game was there he would lie about it.

A clerk did that to me once, but I actually thought he missed seeing it. I wasn't offended he was trying to lose the sale until years later.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: May 08 2006 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

Here, here. I remember back when they still carried NES carts a few years ago, they wanted $19.99 for Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

True, I saw many an old game for retardedly high prices at Gamestop. FF games come to mind. However, I did manage to get Balloon Fight for 2.50. That's a fucking deal.

RegalSin wrote:
PSX was the real SNES2.

I can't help but think this myself when I see so many good 2d games on PSX. Sprite graphics for the win.
Reply to topic

Jump to: