"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Got in a car accident today...

Reply to topic
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 01:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm totally fine, don't worry. Sore as shit, but good to go.

I was stopped at a red behind a sewage truck (I think, it had a big drainage pipe on the back), and some guy in an F-150 rear ended me, which pushed me into the truck in front of me, and I hit the pipe, which pushed my hood through my radiator. The insurance company and the two truck driver said it's probably a write off.

It's a Honda Prelud, so the fact that I got wedged between a pickup (which had no damage) and a semi with no injury is amazing. I did bash my shins on the dashboard though.

Anyway, I think the Millenium Falcon is no more. It makes me sad enough that I cried when I called to tell my wife.

Anyone else have any crash stories?

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 03:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

The only three wrecks I have ever been are all like that one. Rear-Ended while I was stopped. (at a light, stop sign, or to let a Bus into the lane.) Luckily the worse injury I have ever received from such, was I hit my head on my sun visor and bent the metal pin that went through it.

Glad to hear you are okay.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 05:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a nasty accident, like the kind you weren't supposed to walk away from. You don't work for Nintendo, do you?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

The Flaming Schnitzel
Title: Tsar of all Russias
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 03:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My car is the ugliest piece of shit ever because I got hit going through an intersection. It was a year ago now, and it was actually a state of emergency in DC because of all the snow and ice. My dumbass professor made me go to her house to still have class despite school being closed. I was driving and as I went through an intersection, a brand new Escalade (they literally had bought it a week ago) t-boned my passenger side because they couldn't stop going down the hill. I donuted like three times but walked away completely unharmed. Honestly, I was lucky as shit. The other guy was lucky too because he only got a dented license plate. My car, unfortunately, got the brunt of the damage and is smashed in on the passenger side from front bumper to rear bumper. Still completely functional and safe though, and I still owe a shit ton on my loan, so I'm basically stuck with it and people always give me judgmental looks/comments.

Image Image Image

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 04:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you punched your teacher in the face.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 07:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Sounds like a nasty accident, like the kind you weren't supposed to walk away from. You don't work for Nintendo, do you?

Comments like this make you one of my favorite people.

Also, I have been in some wrecks throughout my life. I will make another post about them in this thread when I have a bit more time.

Sorry about your car, Ross. I guess you won't be making any Kessel Runs anytime soon.

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Feb 25 2015 08:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got a call from the insurance company today. Millie has left us.

*ahem*

She was a good car. A fighter. After a long period of inactivity, she survived a road trip all over the province with no issue. Her tail pipes, so she set off car alarms. She had an oil leak, worn-out coolant hoses, and her brake system was so faulty she needed to get a caliper, her master cylinder and emergency brake system replaced. But she had a kickass sound system.

In our short time together, we had some amazing adventures, from the time we spun out on the freeway to the time I jacked her up incorrectly and broke her fuel line, to that time I was ready to replace her whole heating system then found out the knob was just broken. All I have left of her is her broken FOB, two spare hubcaps, and her stock tape deck.

She was the car that made the Kesel Run in less than 12 parsecs, and I will miss her dearly.

Goodbye Millenium "Millie" Falcon, and may you forever cruise the streets of Car Heaven, scaring small animals and impressing people with your pop-up headlights.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 06:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
sidewaydriver wrote:

Comments like this make you one of my favorite people.

Because of my genuine concern? I was really worried that Ross might have been on the Wii U development team.

The Flaming Schnitzel
Title: Tsar of all Russias
PostPosted: Feb 27 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
I hope you punched your teacher in the face.

No, but I got her fired.

Image Image Image

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 27 2015 04:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work. I was clearly thinking too short term with my suggestion.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Feb 27 2015 01:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Today we pour one out for our fallen homies...but it's good to hear you're safe, Ross. Here's hoping Millie Mk 2 represents.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 01 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

dang man. sorry about your loss but glad to learn that you are doing well

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Mar 05 2015 08:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So as what we'll call a birthday gift from my beloved Millie, I got $2300 for the write-off. I bought myself a 1999 Grand Prix. It's been well kept up and is a lot of fun to drive. Only cost me $1500 too, which is pretty rad. Not bad considering I only paid $1000 for Millie.

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

Reply to topic

Jump to: