"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Smash Bros. demo (3DS)

Reply to topic
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Oct 11 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very tempted to get this game based on everyone's reviews, may grab it next week. It would totally be great to have some sort of Syd Lexia Fight Club!

Update: Literally an hour after posting this, two buds called me and hyped me up on the game, so I'm going to pick up a copy right now. My friend code is Preng / 1650-1791-6528. Add me!
Preng
PostPosted: Oct 13 2014 03:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Really enjoying the game so far. A bit bemused that there's no way to send invites to friends for online matches. Obviously this isn't needed when playing with someone in the same room. Though I've seen Excel and Not Sure online and there just doesn't seem to be any way to communicate with 'em.

Ness is interesting, they definitely nerfed his forward air attack, but he otherwise feels improved. His PK Thunder self-crash attack barely has any ending delay, so it seems a lot more spammable than what I remember in Melee.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 14 2014 12:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

anyone know if theres a way to play a team match online w/a friend of yours?
it seems i can only play my friends 1v1 or against the comp but i havent figured out how to play w/a friend only for a 2v2 match.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 16 2014 08:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lucina is a beast.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Oct 16 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Lucina is a beast.

It's funny because my little brother really wanted her in, and now he's struggling to find any use for her. As I explained to him, the difference between her and Marth is that Marth does most damage at the tip of his sword, so he has to be positioned a certain way, whereas Lucina doesn't have that restriction, so she sucks at any distance. I still like using her more though.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 17 2014 01:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Lucina is a beast.

It's funny because my little brother really wanted her in, and now he's struggling to find any use for her. As I explained to him, the difference between her and Marth is that Marth does most damage at the tip of his sword, so he has to be positioned a certain way, whereas Lucina doesn't have that restriction, so she sucks at any distance. I still like using her more though.

I made the distinction that Marth is boring and stupid, whereas Lucina is neither of those things on the basis of not being Marth.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Oct 17 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Running Ike in Brawl for a while has really helped my timing on Lucina's down+B. One on one gets pretty hairy.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

The Opponent
PostPosted: Oct 18 2014 06:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Duck Hunt plays almost exactly like Peacock from Skullgirls. They both have 3 moves that are meant to be spammed from afar, they're super annoying in storyline and you can't even hit them because they're too busy laughing at you from a safe distance.

Preng
PostPosted: Oct 18 2014 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What do you guys think of the Mii Fighters so far? They seem pretty neat, none of them appear to have any gaping weaknesses.

Speaking of, it seems like everyone's jump/recovery in this game is fantastic, save Little Mac. Not sure if this is because of everyone's actual jump values, how the stages are designed, or both.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Oct 20 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's a Nintendo Direct for the Wii U game set for this Thursday. "50 Facts About Smash Bros. for Wii U."

It is taking way too long for me to get outfits for the Miis. If I could get more of them in a hurry, I would be using mine more. In particular, a Mii Gunner with Samus's specials is actually better than the actual Samus.

Preng
PostPosted: Oct 21 2014 04:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I find that Trophy Rush and Classic Mode on high difficulties (7.0+) provides a good chance of unlocking Mii outfits, as well as character specials.
Reply to topic

Jump to: