"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
This shit pisses me off 2.0

Reply to topic
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Jul 02 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Climate change science. Because global cooling and our giant aerosol hole have lost their power to bring in grant money.

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jul 03 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Poison sumac.

Get some aloe vera. Cut off pieces and rub on the affected areas. My mom always used to have at least one of those plants around, mostly for when we got sunburned as kids, but it works just as well for poison ivy and, I assume, poison sumac.

( Pro tip: also good for curing nightmarish diarrhea caused by parasites, I found out... Razz )

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 07 2014 09:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Update on stupid poison plant stuff:

Apparently I have some crazy weakness to poison sumac/ivy/oak, because none of the prescription stuff has worked at all and even the Tecnu and Zanfel are not working. I am now missing work because of it and it has spread to areas it wasn't before. The doctors said I am just going to have to fight it on my own for the most part, unless I get it inside my body, in which case they have some magical drug that can then help me, but they won't give it to me before then (assholes). I also have huge blisters on my arms and legs. I look like I have been set on fire and just melted and everything just burns and itches like a motherfucker. Hooray for humid weather helping to make it worse. This was kind of a bitch to type using one finger, so this will be the last of me until this shit disappears.

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jul 08 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

How dreadful. I'm not one for prayer, but if it's of any consolation, I thought of you today when mowing my lawn as ~5-10% of the perimeter has poison ivy. If I meet a shaman or some such, I'll be sure to send them right over. Maybe you'll have some feverish dream and come to some grand life conclusion. If you need SandRuby, we'll quest out to the Antlion's Den. No bards.

RIP Hacker.

@om*d
PostPosted: Jul 11 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I am still alive, although the pain is somewhere there and I am wrapped up like some Egyptian mummy. It's mostly burning, and hot, but I guess I could use the experience in case I end up in some sort of hell in my death. It's similar to Afghanistan, except without out the sand and incomprehensible babbling of locals. I am probably quite delirious but I also seem to be having moments of extreme clarity. Pain will do that to you. Thinking about obtaining some sort of "prescription" to dull the madness. We'll see how that goes, as I try to avoid potential rabbit holes these days.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 11 2014 08:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d, I don't know how you feel about prayer, but I'll be praying for you. I've never heard of anything like this reaction to poison sumac you're having, but it sounds absolutely awful.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 11 2014 04:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jeez bro. again, i hope that shit passes thru you quick.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

@om*d
PostPosted: Jul 12 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

My brother brought me to the hospital earlier today and they gave me some sort of steroid cream thing that was different than the last one. Clobetasol or something like that. This shit is already working much better. After a couple of test applications on my right arm (after draining massive blisters) it is started drying out super fast. I then moved on to other areas and it is working awesomely. I am stoked, because I thought my entire summer would be ruined by this shit. Tomorrow I will use it more and it looks like I will be able to function a bit more normally within a day or two. I was really starting to become quite (more?) insane with the lack of sleep, combined with the itchy, burning pain.

I am going to assume that LeshLush's prayers worked in my favor, by somehow guiding me to a doctor who gave me such an awesome healing ointment. Thank you, sir!

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 12 2014 08:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

I won't take any credit, but I'm sure glad that things are looking up! Keep us posted on your recovery.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jul 23 2014 03:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to make a birthday thread for myself yesterday. Sad

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

@om*d
PostPosted: Jul 23 2014 06:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Happy belated birthday, Excel!

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jul 23 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Better luck next year, Excel.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 23 2014 11:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

happy belated birthday indeed

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jul 24 2014 02:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

RIP Hacker.

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Jul 24 2014 07:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 26 2014 07:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Deadmau_5pra wrote:

I'm not really a fan of this band either, but why does it piss you off? Razz

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 27 2014 01:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when CamWin gets sadmad about a clearly joking post on one of his Facebook statuses that multiple friends of his liked, yet still deletes it in confusion/sadness/anger-for-no reason.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 28 2014 02:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
I hate it when CamWin gets sadmad about a clearly joking post on one of his Facebook statuses that multiple friends of his liked, yet still deletes it in confusion/sadness/anger-for-no reason.

There was definitely a reason. The only times you ever post on my Facebook are to mention how I'm being ridiculous/poke fun at my statuses/tell me I'm wrong. It's gotten repetitive so I just delete them at this point. I can laugh at jokes at my own expense but when that's the only interaction you ever have with me it just gets kind of irritating and hurtful.

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Jul 28 2014 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Deadmau_5pra wrote:

I'm not really a fan of this band either, but why does it piss you off? Razz

The parts with the band should've been slowed down as well maaaaan, add some more filters, make it a lil' shoegaze-ish, then add some super slow-mo milk hitting some pavement.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jul 29 2014 09:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Had to go down our gravel driveway/road. My bike was in the shop, took my dad's scooter instead. Wiped out. Lucky for me (aside from the whole 'crash' thing) I was going slow. I was being cautious on the final corner back and slowing for the turn, when the brakes locked, it went into a wobble, and whipped me to the ground. I haven't been in so much (location-wise) general pain in a while. The palm of my left hand looked like Freddy Krueger's face. Razz My nose, then forehead hit the ground too, but most of the momentum was gone by then, so at least I didn't break my nose/face or lose any teeth. It ruined my glasses, but they've needed replacing for six months, and I had a backup pair, so that's not as bad as it could have been.

I was cautious enough to slow down for an easy turn, but not so cautious as to wear a helmet and gloves (I really wish I had, now.) Rolling Eyes

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jul 30 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gravel is the devil.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Jul 30 2014 05:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Random police checkpoints. During my commute to work this morning, I came across one at the end of the highway exit I normally take on my usual route where there was a group of cops randomly choosing which cars to let go, which to pull over. They pulled over mine and saw I had an expired inspection sticker.

Okay, so I need to get my car inspected, I don't mind the ticket per se, I just didn't like the random and arbitrary nature of the process of just pulling over anyone they felt like and slap tickets for whatever violations they can possibly find. I understand the need for checkpoints sometimes but the way this particular one was conducted just really seemed fishy. Fuck cops.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jul 31 2014 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Did you at least get a time limit extension?

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Aug 01 2014 05:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, they just gave me a ticket.

BTW, I got the inspection renewed. It would be nice if I can get the ticket dismissed for resolving the issue within a couple of days, but I don't think they do that.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
@om*d
PostPosted: Aug 01 2014 08:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Methid Man wrote:
No, they just gave me a ticket.

BTW, I got the inspection renewed. It would be nice if I can get the ticket dismissed for resolving the issue within a couple of days, but I don't think they do that.

I got a ticket under similar circumstances for an expired inspection and I brought proof when I went to court and they dismissed the ticket. I should note that I live in NY so I am not sure if they would do the same thing where you live. It's worth a shot, though.

Reply to topic

Jump to: