SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
This shit pisses me off 2.0

Reply to topic
LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 04 2012 04:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's a joke related to his IRC behavior.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 04 2012 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite late to the party, but I inherited my first pair of boots today, so now I don't have to wear the giant blocky white tennis shoes I've had for three years straight. YAY FOR BIG BOY SHOES

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Nov 05 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Morons who go on and on about how awesome Guy Fawkes was every 11/5. Contrary to what V for Vendetta or your favorite tentacle hentai image board might tell you, he tried to blow up Parliament to install an oppressive Catholic theocracy, not to get rid of big bad government like a libertarian hero.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Nov 05 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

One of my coworkers plays "desk drums" with pencils and crap every hour or so. Gets really annoying.
Beach Bum
PostPosted: Nov 06 2012 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My super religious relatives. I saw at least three prayers as I scrolled down Facebook this morning attempting to convince God to support Romney since Obama likes gay people. I seriously wish I could punch them right in their stupid faces right now. I won't even vote for Obama, but damn if that's your whole reason for voting against him you and me are going to have some problems at the next family gathering.
Zinja
PostPosted: Nov 06 2012 06:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Bum wrote:
My super religious relatives. I saw at least three prayers as I scrolled down Facebook this morning attempting to convince God to support Romney since Obama likes gay people. I seriously wish I could punch them right in their stupid faces right now. I won't even vote for Obama, but damn if that's your whole reason for voting against him you and me are going to have some problems at the next family gathering.

If you punch them in their faces at your next family gathering, please let us know!
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Nov 06 2012 08:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Zinja wrote:
Beach Bum wrote:

If you punch them in their faces at your next family gathering, please let us know!

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 17 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Why do they stick broccoli at the bottom of my orange chicken? It just takes up valuable orange chicken space. Forget the limp ass, flavorless broccoli and give me a few extra pieces of orange chicken you swindlers.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Nov 19 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, I always toss that broccoli. Sometimes, I'll get Sesame Chicken instead from my local Chinese place solely because they don't throw any broccoli in that dish - all chicken.
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Nov 19 2012 06:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only person in the world who actually likes broccoli?

Also...

Drew Linky wrote:
Zinja wrote:
Beach Bum wrote:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 19 2012 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's a difference between regular broccoli and the flaccid garbage that gets thrown underneath a pile of delicious General Tso.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Nov 19 2012 07:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My problem with the Chinese restaurant broccoli is that it tastes like it was steamed for thirty seconds then soaked in dishwater.

Here's one that drives me insane as a line cook- the afternoon/morning shift people. At every job, these guys consider 40 or 50 people at lunch to be getting blasted. Then, I show up for my 400-predicition night shift with absolutely nothing in stock for the night . So I crank out all of my prep for the evening (while getting the pre-night rush), burn through most of it by the end of the night, then can't leave until 2am because I have to re-stock everything, or the morning/afternoon shifts leaves bitchy, passive-agressive notes everywhere and shit-talk to the day managers behind my back. We recently got a night manager who doesn't stand for it, but the morning cooks are all those 30 year veterans who nod their heads, then don't do it, and shit-talk about the young manager trying to tell them how to do their job.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 20 2012 04:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
There's a difference between regular broccoli and the flaccid garbage that gets thrown underneath a pile of delicious General Tso.

This. I like fresh, vibrant broccoli (steamed broccoli at that, raw broccoli tastes like death), and the broccoli they shove underneath chicken just tastes dilapidated and lifeless.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 20 2012 04:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love broccoli and I'm happy you guys get where I'm coming from. What they serve isn't broccoli, it's filler. They might as well stick some packing peanuts at the bottom of the carton.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Nov 20 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to know the broccoli issue was a misinterpretation on my part. Despite what kids make it out to be, broccoli can actually be a good side dish, especially when seasoned with lemon and garlic~

Hearing everyone else's experiences, though, I guess I must be somewhat lucky; at least half of chinese restaurants I've been to have served decent broccoli.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Nov 20 2012 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My local Chinese restaurant has great broccoli. Still though, they sometimes put way too much in any combination platter that has it.

@om*d
PostPosted: Nov 26 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Double post, but this one is terrible. Finished clean up of my house from the hurricane. I ended up losing most of my game collection. Salt water + video games = VERY BAD. The stuff I did manage to save smells like a fucking gross aquarium, so I will probably end up throwing it all out as well. It's just really bad, the smell makes me want to vomit.

On a good note, my cat turned up last night. I thought he had died in the storm (I couldn't find him at the time) and had not heard anything from shelters or from posters I had put up. He looked terrible.Sad I took him to the emergency vet and they told me he was dehydrated and malnourished. They are going to look after him for a couple of days while I move (again), but otherwise he will be fine.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 26 2012 05:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Double post, but this one is terrible. Finished clean up of my house from the hurricane. I ended up losing most of my game collection. Salt water + video games = VERY BAD. The stuff I did manage to save smells like a fucking gross aquarium, so I will probably end up throwing it all out as well. It's just really bad, the smell makes me want to vomit.

On a good note, my cat turned up last night. I thought he had died in the storm (I couldn't find him at the time) and had not heard anything from shelters or from posters I had put up. He looked terrible.Sad I took him to the emergency vet and they told me he was dehydrated and malnourished. They are going to look after him for a couple of days while I move (again), but otherwise he will be fine.

wow man. talked about mixed blessings.

sucks about your material things, but at least you found your cat.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Greg the White
PostPosted: Nov 27 2012 03:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Setting myself up for another burnout, holy-fuck anxiety attack. Last time I had one of them, I gave one of my sister's ex-boyfriends a bloody nose. Started when I had to quit my last job (they didn't pay me for helping them open, nor cook for them afterwards. Lots of long stories, there), and immediately start up a brand new job. Was offered a semi-supervisor job, and have spent most of it making enemies with a lot of management. I have split off-days, and I spend each of them driving to Jersey to help out relatives. Not to mention a break-up during all of this, and not a single day off to myself. I need to take a trip or jump off-radar for a while, or they're gonna find me in a bell-tower.

Mixed blessing is that my crappy roommate finally got what was coming to him in a story that's more funny than anything, and the FoH manager at the restaurant is a completely awesome lady who's finally glad to have someone on her side at night. She's helping me whip the place into shape after I made some aggressive moves that the owner approved of.

Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 27 2012 04:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
Mixed blessing is that my crappy roommate finally got what was coming to him in a story that's more funny than anything

What's the story? Surprised

Greg the White
PostPosted: Nov 27 2012 06:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
Greg the White wrote:
Mixed blessing is that my crappy roommate finally got what was coming to him in a story that's more funny than anything

What's the story? Surprised

So one morning, he was doing his shitty, passive-aggressive wake-up calls. He woke me up, but I was too tired to do anything. Apparently he went the extra mile with my other (good) roommate, and opened the door. I heard a bunch of a yelling, then a thud, and more yelling. I got up to see a book and some dark spots on the carpet in front of good roommate's door.

I walk to up to see that it's a dabbling blood trail leading up to Chef Paul Prodhomme's fat, smiling face. Apparently, bad roommate (BR) didn't know that GR had let his girlfriend spend the night, and they were having a morning romp. BR walked in, froze hard enough to ignore GR's yells to get out, so GR picked one of his cookbooks off his night stand and wailed it right into BR's nose. I had a prep shift, so BR and I left at around the same time, and I got home first later in the day.

GR ends up getting a phone call from BR's mom. Apparently, while BR was out, he tattled, and his mom still had our contact information. GR put the two of us on speakerphone to tell our side, and how much of a shithead he'd been for the past few months. She seemed to just kind of agree with us about how he'd become a dirty, sleazy slob, until I got to the part about his wake-up calls. She was always a nice lady, who had worked really hard to raise her son by herself, and when she found out about him harassing us about our jobs and work/sleep hours, she apparently gave him the riot act, and he's been timid and willing to actually do his damned chores ever since. I don't like him, but I also don't want to bury him alive in the backyard anymore.

Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 27 2012 08:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Lulz. Good that you firm-handed that, hopefully he should get better now.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Nov 27 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like that he called his mom to deal with it. Hilarious. Even more so that she didn't side with his dumb ass.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Nov 28 2012 02:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Bum wrote:
I like that he called his mom to deal with it. Hilarious. Even more so that she didn't side with his dumb ass.

He's around 4 years younger than my roommate and I, and straight from the dorms. His mom seems incredibly cool (MILF-y, too), and I think since she made decent money, she was able to hire people to take care of the house, and also spoil him a bit. It definitely snowballed into him being a selfish idiot with no real sense of self. It's hard to hate him sometimes, just because he's only useless due to certain ways in which he was raised, but it's really hard to compromise that in my mind when he's passive-agressively whacking on my door and walking away at 8am (6 hours after I get home from work). GR and I joked to his mom about getting him a dishwashing job to whip him into shape, and she treated it like it was genuinely a good idea.

@om*d
PostPosted: Nov 28 2012 04:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
His mom seems incredibly cool (MILF-y, too)

You should tap that.

Reply to topic

Jump to: