[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
New Marilyn Manson single: No Reflection

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 02:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So apparently Manson has a new album coming out on May 1st, and the first single has already been released. I love all the Manson albums up through Holy Wood, and maybe about half of Golden Age of the Grotesque, but Eat Me Drink Me and The High End of Low can go fuck themselves. This seems promising though:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since Bowling for Columbine, I've greatly, greatly respected Manson as a person, but I've never been able to get into his music. The only song I know of his very well is "Beautiful People: (because of Smackdown). Are there one or two songs you would suggest a newbie start with? I *want* to like his stuff, I just haven't found anything I really can get into yet.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds alright, but I'd like to hear more songs from the album before I get my hopes up. His last two albums really bored me. This new song is catchy, but it feels like it hasn't been fully fleshed-out yet, like there could be more instrumentation (or something could be louder).
SoldierHawk wrote:
Ever since Bowling for Columbine, I've greatly, greatly respected Manson as a person, but I've never been able to get into his music. The only song I know of his very well is "Beautiful People: (because of Smackdown). Are there one or two songs you would suggest a newbie start with? I *want* to like his stuff, I just haven't found anything I really can get into yet.

And Hawk, I suggest the song that got me into Marilyn Manson:

And my current favorite Marilyn Manson song:

JRA
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 05:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:

Theres'a reason for that. His stuff is boring as hell. Well, "Fight Song" is ok, but I'd rather listen to Autopsy or Cannibal Corpse.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll tell you what, JRA, I'll start a "Loud Noises" forum just for you where you can discuss Cannibal Corpse and Autopsy to your heart's content.

Anyway, back on topic. One of my favorite Manson songs:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I'll tell you what, JRA, I'll start a "Loud Noises" forum just for you where you can discuss Cannibal Corpse and Autopsy to your heart's content.

LOL.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Apr 09 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
SoldierHawk wrote:

Theres'a reason for that. His stuff is boring as hell. Well, "Fight Song" is ok, but I'd rather listen to Autopsy or Cannibal Corpse.

How do either of those bands sound like Marilyn Manson? That's like saying "Man, Nine Inch Nails is so boring. I'd much rather listen to Wham! or Bette Midler."

JRA
PostPosted: Apr 10 2012 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Those bands achieved sonically what I thought Manson was trying to achieve visually.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Apr 16 2012 08:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Those bands achieved sonically what I thought Manson was trying to achieve visually.

Ohh I like that idea.

Dopehat is good, but the best song from Portrait Of An American Family (IMO) is Wrapped In Plastic.

The last two albums were pretty meh, Grotesque was new and different but felt like it fell flat. I don't have any high hopes for this new album to be equal to or better than Anitchrist Svperstar or Mechanical Animals, but I'll buy it, once I like a band I have to have their entire body of work.

Vert1
PostPosted: Apr 18 2012 02:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

total poserdom.

I give him props for dating Rose Mcgowan though.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Apr 18 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

1998 called. They want their music back.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Reply to topic

Jump to: