[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
LordKat's illegal DMCA shutdown

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 07:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.lordkat.com/german-suplex.html

wrote:
On Thursday March 22nd, 2012 TNA Entertainment, LLC - the creators of Impact Wrestling on Spike TV - sent a DMCA takedown notice to Justin.TV/Twitch.TV demanding the takedown of our live stream at live.lordkat.com, claiming that we were rebroadcasting their Victory Road Pay-Per-View.

We have high quality productions such as Tuesday Tech Talk, How to Do It, This Week in Games, Turducken is Tasty, and Wyrmwick. With over 20 hours of original content produced and aired each week, I think it's safe to say that we don't have any damn need to rebroadcast TNA's products.

This, in a word, is bullshit. According to several people with knowledge of the situation this was caused by a computer program that probably mistakenly flagged the content. Unfortunately, this spider program isn't linked to a human being, just an e-mail address.

That e-mail address isn't manned 24/7, and corrections to a broken system usually take a long time. Considering how broken TNA is, it could be weeks or months before we hear back on this situation.

All this means is that our small community gets fucked. Well, I'm tired of being fucked by the DMCA, and I know you are too.

Since I don't have the time or the money to pursue this in court, TNA Entertainment, LLC needs to be hurt by this. Nobody will pay attention to us if we just spam Twitter like mindless drones. No, we need more a more professional approach to this. So, right now, we are asking for volunteers. We need two things: information and exposure.

Currently we're seeking the business addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of anyone with any marginal amount of power at the following companies:

TNA Entertainment, LLC.
Spike TV (a Viacom company)
5 Hour Energy
Any Spike TV advertisers whose ads air during Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Information can be added to the German Suplex wiki article.

In addition, we're seeking exposure for this problem. This means promoting this open letter on other sites, like Reddit, Digg, Slashdot, Something Awful, etc... We're also seeking exposure on other broadcasts/podcasts. If you know of one that would be interested in this story - please contact them!

This is only phase 1 of a long campaign against TNA Entertainment, LLC. The incompetence displayed by TNA not only in their wrestling product, but also in their business practices is astonishing. These idiots must be stopped.

-Jason Pullara

I've only occasionally caught How To Do it/Tuesday Tech Talk because of Nash's presence but I have to say that this is some wicked bullshit.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 09:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Did they, oh, I don't know, try notifying Justin.tv saying the claim is flawed? That should be their first step.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 09:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Fuck LordKat. While the situation is unfortunate, Let's Run TNA Out Of Business over this is such a fat pathetic nerd solution to this problem.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't Spoony be heading this cause? Since you know, he spent every week of 2010 vlogging about TNA's shit?

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 09:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Shouldn't Spoony be heading this cause? Since you know, he spent every week of 2010 vlogging about TNA's shit?

*SNEEEEEEEERK*

So true. And yet I am more than willing to forgive him, since he has spent nearly every week of 2012 vlogging about fantastic D&D shit.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JRA
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Truth be told, everyone complained about those vlogs, but I thought they were entertaining as hell in a perverse way. It looked like his brain was breaking as Russo's booking got shittier and shittier.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Mar 23 2012 11:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
Truth be told, everyone complained about those vlogs, but I thought they were entertaining as hell in a perverse way. It looked like his brain was breaking as Russo's booking got shittier and shittier.

Honestly I agree. They were long, but he's just damn fun to watch, especially when he's legit pissed.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Reply to topic

Jump to: