"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Buy Kevin Eastman's studio

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Dec 30 2011 08:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator is auctioning off all the contents of his art studio — located within Meltdown Comics — with 20% of the proceeds to go to the Hero Initiative. Eastman gives a tour of the overflowing contents of the studio in the very entertaining video above. Among the anecdotes he drops along the way — he once owned a Batmobile and his goal was to dress in a complete Batman costume and drive up to the 7-11 for a pack of smokes in full Batman gear — a dream sadly unrealized.

www.ebay.com/itm/KEVIN-EASTMANS-Art-Studio-Auction-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Heavy-Metal-Mag-/270880293673?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f11b94329

Contents include:

* Kevin’s Drawing Table and Chair (table is as it was when Kevin decided to do this auction). Includes Pens, Shotglasses, Empty Redbull Cans, etc.
* Original Illustrated Storyboards for HEAVY METAL 2000
* Highlander Animated Series: press pack, Early Cut of the Movie, Copies of entire Movie as Directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri
* Over 600 DVDs – most of them partially watched while working on art in the studio. Includes DVD deck and monitor.
* Double-Sized Production Prototype of OZZY OSBOURNE “Bark At The Moon” Action Figure sculpted by Digger T. Mesch
* Photocopy of Simon Bisley’s Lobo/Authority Pencils & Layout for the entire story
* 2 Pgs of Original Art from TNMT Movie Adaptation – 1 Featuring Twin Towers – 1 Featuring Statue of Liberty – Framed with US Flag from Kevin’s Home
* Richard Corben Original Art (at least two pieces – there may be more!)
* Signed Elizabeth Hurly Photo from Austin Powers.
* Kevin’s personal San Diego Comic Con Badges going back about 10 years
* Various Movie Posters – Comic Prints – and More . . . used to “wallpaper” the studio!
* Toy Guns, Knives and a Hand-Grenade (non-functional) used as reference for comics
* Original art portrait of Kevin by Simon “BIZ” Bisley (there’s actually quite a bit of BIZ art in here!)
* Trigun, Lain, and other favorite Anime Animation Cells
* A Fishtank (formerly held Kevin’s gecko) filled with various odds and ends tossed in over a six year period – ???
* TMNT Comic 5-Color Press Proof Overlays (from back in the days before digital press proofs)
* Box of Original Photos of Playmates & Models (mostly nude) – Photography by Julie Strain
* Turtles Car Windshield Sunblock – Still in Original Shrinkwrap
* Turtles Cereal Box (cardboard mock up – never assembled)
* TONS of random Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles goodies . . . prototypes . . . and oddities
* Original Comic Art by Various Creators
* Statues & Action Figures – - Pin-Up, Fantasy, Superhero, Turtles (natch) and more!
* Various Billiken Models From Japan (Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature, Mummy and MORE)
* LOTS OF HEAVY METAL ART . . . BOOKS . . . UNUSED TREASURES!

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Dec 30 2011 04:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

man, if i had ANY money, i would probably not bid on this. but its still pretty cool

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Jack Slater
Title: Friendly Felon
PostPosted: Dec 30 2011 06:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is he still married to Julie Strain? I wouldn't want to think about the residues on all that stuff if so.

Cause that's how I roll bounce.

DatsRight
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's kinda sad the the TMNT don't belong to Eastman and Laird anymore... but then again as far as I'm concerned they really let go of the ball once the TMNT cartoon came out back in 87/88, whenever...

Cool thing, I met Peter Laird's niece, she's married to a someone I know...
Reply to topic

Jump to: