"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The View-Master is still around?!

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 11 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

So apparently Fisher Price, the company that produced the iconic red mock-up of binoculars known as the View-Master is still around. However, it seems they've adapted it for the times:

"At the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, Fisher Price announced it is partnering with Spatial View to put retro and modern 3D images in an online store called ViewMasterDigital3D.com. The store will offer downloads for $1.99 — sold in packs of 18 to 21 — to a variety of 3D mobile devices and Internet-connected 3D TVs. They’ll go on sale in the next few months.

“View-Master images hold tremendous nostalgic value for me and many people around the world who fondly recall discovering far and exotic corners of our planet or marveling at seeing their favorite characters in 3D through their View-Master viewers,” Al Lopez, COO of Spatial View, said in a statement. “We feel privileged and honored to work with Fisher-Price to bring this extensive historical archive of spectacular 3D imagery to a variety of digital mediums.”

With 1.5 billion reels sold since its launch in 1939, the View-Master image archive contains thousands of images covering a century of pop culture, current events, nature, science, history and travel.

How are you going to see the 3D images on your iPhone? Enter Spatial View’s 3DeeSlide accessory for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, which lets users see View-Master images in 3D without 3D glasses.

Support for Android 3D smartphones, Windows PCs and 3D TV platforms is expected in the near future."

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jan 11 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that seems 100x less cool than an actual view-master. Kids today don't deserve cool shit anyway.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

DatsRight
PostPosted: Jan 29 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

When I think of Viewmaster, I think of Smurfs. I never had a viewmaster growing up, but any friend of mine who DID have one, had plenty of Smurfs slides.
Reply to topic

Jump to: