Reply to topic
Rydog
Title: Dragon Slayer
PostPosted: Jun 13 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

HAHAHA, those pictures are awesome!
Tomdincan
Title: Test Icicle
PostPosted: Jun 13 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/macys_runs_advertisement_in_miami_herald_congratulating_heat_for_winning_championship/5018479

"The Heat will be remembered for celebrating a bit too prematurely with their preseason pyrotechnic show, and the city of Miami is following suit."

"The Heat headed into Sunday night's Game 6 trailing the Dallas Mavericks 3-2 in the NBA Finals, so even if LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Co. could have pulled off a victory, there'd be a do-or-die Game 7 on the horizon."

"The folks at Macy's, however, goofed on that scenario, as evidenced by their advertisement in The Miami Herald on Monday morning. The ad offered congratulations to the Heat for winning it all as well as a first (and last) look at some of the championship gear."

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath.

Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 13 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

How can I get a copy of that paper, I want it. That's so awesome.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jun 13 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So apparently Macy's is retarded?
Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 13 2011 12:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, so it seems.

I'd love to read the guy's mind adding it to the paper as he did it...

" I know this ad is so fucking wrong, hmmmmm, should I tell someone? nah, fuck it, I'm putting it in anyways!"
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 13 2011 03:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lol

"fuck it, im sure no one will notice"

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Rydog
PostPosted: Jun 22 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone care about the Draft? Expect any big trades? There doesn't seem to be a clear superstar #1 pick this year.

Also, neat to see Rubio sign with the Wolves, he is supposed to be dynamic at point. Makes me wonder why I am hearing Nash to Wolves rumors.
Tomdincan
PostPosted: Jun 22 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know there's a rumor going around that would send Gasol to Minny for Kevin Love and their pick. Would make sense for Minny, since Gasol and Rubio are Spanish teammates.

username
PostPosted: Jun 22 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

supposedly kyrie irving will be the top pick, but i havent seen enough of him to gauge whether thats good or not. what i have seen is that he is an amazing player, but i think he needs more experience under his belt.

and Derrick Williams from U of AZ is also projected as # 1 or # 2 overall. that makes me happy

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Dec 08 2011 08:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to surrender Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom in a trade for New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul, sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Sources close to the process tell Stein that the Houston Rockets remain part of the talks and are trying to complete a deal that would send Gasol in Houston and the Rockets' Luis Scola, Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic to New Orleans along with Odom.

In Paul, the Lakers would be getting an All-Star and U.S. Olympic Team member who has averaged 37.1 minutes, 18.7 points and 9.9 assists a game in his six seasons.

Paul can opt out of his current contract with New Orleans after this season, and the Hornets have been fielding trade offers in an effort to acquire new players for the star guard rather than letting him walk in free agency.

Paul averaged 15.8 points and 9.8 assists last season.

The Rockets, who lost Yao Ming to retirement, covet Gasol, while the Hornets do not, increasing the likelihood Gasol won't stay in New Orleans, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Furthermore, the Rockets have young talent the rebuilding pieces Hornets general manager Dell Demps wanted in a trade for Paul, namely, young talent such as Martin and a protected future first-round pick Houston acquired from the New York Knicks. The Hornets would look to acquire that pick as part of the proposed deal, the source told Bucher.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7333285/los-angeles-lakers-agree-trade-pau-gasol-lamar-odom-chris-paul-sources-say

wow. im not sure how i feel about this. i love LO, but CP3 makes ANY team better. so, i welcome it on the one hand, on the other, im afraid of changes to my basketball team. this trade will be great if, and only if, Bynum can stay healthy. on a strike shortened season thats going to have many games back to back, that might be tough.

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Dec 08 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to surrender Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom in a trade for New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul, sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Sources close to the process tell Stein that the Houston Rockets remain part of the talks and are trying to complete a deal that would send Gasol in Houston and the Rockets' Luis Scola, Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic to New Orleans along with Odom.

In Paul, the Lakers would be getting an All-Star and U.S. Olympic Team member who has averaged 37.1 minutes, 18.7 points and 9.9 assists a game in his six seasons.

Paul can opt out of his current contract with New Orleans after this season, and the Hornets have been fielding trade offers in an effort to acquire new players for the star guard rather than letting him walk in free agency.

Paul averaged 15.8 points and 9.8 assists last season.

The Rockets, who lost Yao Ming to retirement, covet Gasol, while the Hornets do not, increasing the likelihood Gasol won't stay in New Orleans, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Furthermore, the Rockets have young talent the rebuilding pieces Hornets general manager Dell Demps wanted in a trade for Paul, namely, young talent such as Martin and a protected future first-round pick Houston acquired from the New York Knicks. The Hornets would look to acquire that pick as part of the proposed deal, the source told Bucher.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7333285/los-angeles-lakers-agree-trade-pau-gasol-lamar-odom-chris-paul-sources-say

wow. im not sure how i feel about this. i love LO, but CP3 makes ANY team better. so, i welcome it on the one hand, on the other, im afraid of changes to my basketball team. this trade will be great if, and only if, Bynum can stay healthy. on a strike shortened season thats going to have many games back to back, that might be tough.

wow. so weak. just like that, the NBA blocked this trade.

http://lakernation.com/2011/12/source-the-nba-has-killed-the-chris-paul-trade/

Klimbatize wrote:

Tomdincan
PostPosted: Dec 09 2011 08:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

This is really shitty for the Hornets. CP3 is going to leave anyway. This is the best deal they can get when trading a $2 bill like CP3 for a bunch of quarters and dimes, and they get hamstrung because shitheads like Dan Gilbert thinks it will hurt the league. Didn't they see last year that assembling a "super team" doesn't result in a title?

I'm not sure I liked this trade for the Lakers. Paul is great, but his knee is a big question mark, and the Lakers would be losing their length, which is a huge advantage for them.

username
PostPosted: Dec 09 2011 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tomdincan wrote:
This is really shitty for the Hornets. CP3 is going to leave anyway. This is the best deal they can get when trading a $2 bill like CP3 for a bunch of quarters and dimes, and they get hamstrung because shitheads like Dan Gilbert thinks it will hurt the league. Didn't they see last year that assembling a "super team" doesn't result in a title?

I'm not sure I liked this trade for the Lakers. Paul is great, but his knee is a big question mark, and the Lakers would be losing their length, which is a huge advantage for them.

yeah, i agree with you on both counts.

CP3 does have a weak knee as does Bynum. but, if they can both manage to stay relatively healthy thru this marathon season, they will be a force in the league. CP3 makes ANY team better. he is just that good of a PG. so they can get a bunch of journey men like Jason Kapono and they will still be contenders.

Klimbatize wrote:

Tomdincan
PostPosted: Dec 09 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
CP3 does have a weak knee as does Bynum. but, if they can both manage to stay relatively healthy thru this marathon season, they will be a force in the league. CP3 makes ANY team better. he is just that good of a PG. so they can get a bunch of journey men like Jason Kapono and they will still be contenders.

No doubt. I can't see a situation where they aren't contenders, and I say that as a Laker hater (not specifically because I hate them, but I really can't stand t-shirt Laker fans). I remember when they were just average in the mid 90s and it was borrrrrrring. Being a Spurs fan, I have to see how the sun sets on the Tim Duncan era. I'd be happy with a Western Conference Finals appearance.

username
PostPosted: Dec 10 2011 01:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tomdincan wrote:
username wrote:

No doubt. I can't see a situation where they aren't contenders, and I say that as a Laker hater (not specifically because I hate them, but I really can't stand t-shirt Laker fans). I remember when they were just average in the mid 90s and it was borrrrrrring. Being a Spurs fan, I have to see how the sun sets on the Tim Duncan era. I'd be happy with a Western Conference Finals appearance.

oh god, those were rough years as a laker fan. especially in phoenix sun country. but they still had their moments with anthony peeler and nick van exel. and cant forget eddie jones. i cant hate on the spurs too much, cuz i have great respect for tim duncan.

Klimbatize wrote:

Reply to topic

Jump to: