[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Yomi : Table Top Tournament Fighter?

Reply to topic
King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 02:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.sirlingames.com/collections/yomi

I keep looking at this, I would love the full set, but it is a hundred bones. That's a little steep these days. Has anyone played this or know anything about it, other then what the site says? I have read and have seen reviews on it and it sounds like some of the most table top game fun out there, and a very unique experience.

My other problem is finding someone to play this with, but that would be another story.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

never heard of it. Might want to check out THIS CCG though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Fighting_System

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

King
Title: CTE
PostPosted: Aug 31 2011 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is interesting as well, I saw that there is a Tekken version
I thought the Yomi looked interesting because it is owned by one of the head guys that worked on Street Fighter HD Remix games.

I also, upon further reading, dig that the Yomi fighting system ISN'T like MTG or other collectible card games that once you buy a deck of a particular fighter you have all of their cards, no booster packs needed, and it is both luck and technique that win, much like in the video game versions of tournament fighting games. But I am still looking at the UFS games, they seem very interesting.

Side note, I have 4 starter decks for the old Killer Instinct CCG that I am trying to find people to play with.

Reply to topic

Jump to: