[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
'Supernatural' Creator Develops 'Deadman' TV Series

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 01:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

from mtv:

'Supernatural' Creator Develops 'Deadman' TV Series

Comic book companies like DC and Marvel have extensive back catalogs, boasting countless characters with fascinating, unique backstories. While maybe not all of them are capable of opening a summer superhero spectacular to incredible box office receipts, many of the classic characters’ designs and concepts are strong enough to deserve more attention. That’s why we’re thrilled that things are moving ahead on a "Deadman" television series.

Deadline is reporting that the CW network is already at work developing a show based on the undead hero, presumably to replace “Smallville” which came to an end this past May.

Just last month at TCA, CW president Mark Pedowitz claimed, “We’re looking next year to do a superhero show if the right superhero comes to be.” In order to bring their new, darker superhero to the small screen, the network is looking to someone well familiar with mystical, magic-based television: Eric Kripke, the creator of “Supernatural.”

While Kripke is no longer the day-to-day showrunner on “Supernatural,” his creation has proven to be a massive success for CW, as it is entering its seventh season this year, with no current plans to draw to a close. Kripke would bring his experience and vision to one of DC’s stranger, but most intriguing characters.

Former trapeze artist Boston Brand was murdered during a performance, and subsequently given the ability to possess living beings by a made up Hindu goddess named Rama Kushna. As Deadman, the ghost of Brand inhabits the bodies of the living and works to solve crimes and all matter of earthly crises. While not a traditional superhero by any means, the nature of the character could lend itself well to a serialized drama format. Created by Arnold Drake and Carmine Infantino back in the late 1960s, the artist with the most famous run on the character is the legendary Neal Adams.

========================

Considering all the bleed over with other DCU characters on Smallville, I've got a small hope that they could work the Endless into this somehow (check out Kingdom Come or Books of Magic).

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Aug 29 2011 09:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, this is gonna suck. I like Deadman as the quirky, odd ball character he is (granted, I know him mainly from Kingdom Come and Blackest Night but), I don't want him to be in CSI: Afterlife.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: