"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Margaret Weis Productions handling Marvel RPG

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 10 2011 07:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

News from Gen Con has stated that Margaret Weis Productions has acquired the rights to the Marvel Superheroes RPG license.

The game will use the Cortex Plus system, but considering how different Leverage was from Smallville, that could mean anything for the game's mechanics. The gameline will launch in February of 2012 with the Marvel Superheroes RPG Basic Game, a softcover manual retailing for $20, that will introduce the rules and a small adventure based on Brian Micheal Bendis' first six issues of The New Avengers. Following the launch, MWP will pursue an aggressive release schedule of 16 books in 15 months. These books will be focused on Marvel's crossover events, presenting them as open-ended adventures, each event will have 3 associated supplements.

Additionally, the main event books will be released in two formats; an Essential Edition containing just the setting and adventure material for $30 and a Premium Edition containing everything from the Essential book plus the rules text from the Basic Game at a price of $40. Also announced were the first three events to be covered by the game: Civil War, Annihilation and X-Men: Age of Apocalypse.

==================

I'm interested, but I'm not familiar at all with the Annihilation storyline.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Aug 10 2011 08:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Any tabletop superhero RPG is better done in HERO system, but I like the adventure modules though. Pre-designed adventures let people with limited free time run tabletop games.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 15 2011 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't miss much that wasn't cosmic in Annihilation. As for fielding this out to MWP, well, I'm sure it'll be better than the TSR version... right? The new DC rpg from Green Ronin is pretty solid, so they're going to have a hill to climb. And if it's based off of Cortex Plus, make that a small mountain. I'll stick to M&M 2E for now, especially because I have most of the important Marvel characters statted out for the X-Men game the wife and I play in.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: