"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
www.greeneyedzeke.org

Reply to topic
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Sep 26 2005 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Syd's already been nice enough to mention my site in his links before, but I thought I'd use this topic to shamelessly plug my it once. It's www.greeneyedzeke.org and it is *mostly* video game related, though I plan to include movies, action figures, music, and whatever else catches my fancy. The *big* project I'm working on is THE DIGITAL PICTURES PROJECT<, in which I set out to play all 14 of the Sony Imagesoft/Digital Pictures Full Motion Video games that came out for the Sega CD console back in the early 90's (think "Sewer Shark" and "Night Trap"). Currently, there are four chapters up for your perusal. There's also an article on a stapler.

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling.

Very Happy
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Sep 26 2005 09:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Digital Pictures Project is great, check it out.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 03 2005 04:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Re: The Digital Pictures Project.
You are a much braver man than I zeke. Either that, or you enjoy pain. Though enjoying pain is usually associated with being a physics major, and as you work in a neuropsych lab, I don't think you are one.
So I applaud your bravery. I thought about writing a review of Doomsday Warrior, but after 15 minutes of gameplay, I realized it was far from worth the mental anguish I would be required to inflict upon myself.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 04 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good call, though I actually was a psych major (and am currently trying to get into a social psych PhD program... which isn't going so well, so Blockbuster here I come!), but yeah, it's been tough. I actually enjoy some of the DP games, as they have a cheesy B-movie vibe. But, oh God, those "Make My Video" ones are fucking atrocious. I can't believe I have three more to play through...
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Oct 05 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh btw, who's the guy in the background of your Double Switch article? That dude's freaky.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Oct 11 2005 09:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Been a while since I checked this thread. The dude in the background is actually Corey Haim, awful hair and all...
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Jan 30 2006 11:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, just letting anyone who might be interested know... my site's been reworked, the articles are better laid out, there's a "daily" page with off-the-cuff thoughts, and I'm COMPLETELY ripping Syd off and doing a webcomic - http://www.greeneyedzeke.org/misc/misc.html. Check it out, it's called "Memory Leak" and, yeah, it doesn't make a ton of sense. I'm hoping to update it almost daily, but who knows how long that'll keep.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jan 31 2006 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke wrote:
Hey guys, just letting anyone who might be interested know... my site's been reworked, the articles are better laid out, there's a "daily" page with off-the-cuff thoughts, and I'm COMPLETELY ripping Syd off and doing a webcomic - http://www.greeneyedzeke.org/misc/misc.html. Check it out, it's called "Memory Leak" and, yeah, it doesn't make a ton of sense. I'm hoping to update it almost daily, but who knows how long that'll keep.

Man, I'm glad someone else has that Vader cup and BK tin can!

BTW, great new format!

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Jan 31 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:

Man, I'm glad someone else has that Vader cup and BK tin can!

BTW, great new format!

Hey, thanks. And, yeah, that's one of two or three of those cups that I have. It's kind of funny.. once people realize you're a "Star Wars" fan, they like to find little things for you... I guess those cups were cheap and abundant enough that everyone nabbed them, so I kept getting 'em.
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Jan 31 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really liked your INXS make my video review. I'm amazed you actually found a physical copy of that piece of crap. Funny site though, keep it up.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 08 2006 04:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RIP greeneyedzeke.org
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 10 2007 05:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

whoa whoa whoa, what happened to greeneyedzeke.org?

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 10 2007 09:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

More importantly, where's the New Digital Pictures Project, eh?
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 10 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

greeneyedzeke KIA by me. (Round 4 Match 1)

You will be remembered honorably.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Apr 10 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still looking forward to the project. 'the fuck are you?

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 01:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Greeneyedzeke.org became greeneyedzeke.COM, which is just a redirect to 2d-sprites.com. That's my main site.

I also host/play around with: plutoisaplanetdammit.com, which works in tandem with sharksarewalking.com to tell a story of revenge most brutal. Lastly, www.FAILSTATION3.com serves no purpose other than to rile up fanboys (full disclaimer: as of two weeks ago I do, in fact, OWN a PS3, so I don't wanna hear about how I'm biased against Sony, even though I completely am. Very Happy).

The megaton question is "Where the bloody fucking hell is the DIGITAL PICTURES PROJECT?". The true answer? In the ether somewhere. I got FUCKED by a bad hard drive and a lack of backups. The INXS: Make My Video article still exists in fragments, but I'm basically in the position of having to redo the whole thing...

...Which is what I completely plan to do. I actually mentioned my idea to Syd way, way back and basically I want to intro the whole damn thing with something about the tortured history of the undertaking.

So why the damn delays?

A couple of things. My free time is fairly sparse. After work, I'm usually at my karate dojo until after 9 PM and by the time I get home, I'm wiped. This past week I just started a new job, so I'm getting acclimated to it and my focus has been.. elsewhere, I suppose.

That being said, there are five (Non-DPP) articles in various stages of completion for 2d-s. The first of them is teased on the main page as of yesterday and it's a fucking monster (like, Meat Loaf trip article size... and then some). The others might not go to such insane lengths, but they should be cool.

So, yeah, the DPP is by no means dead. It's on a temporary hiatus until I scrounge up the time to really give it my all.
DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 01:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, thanks for the update! Very Happy

Looking forward to the new stuff.
Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 13 2007 07:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The first page of Chapter 1 of the DPP was archived by Internet Archive Project and can be accessed here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050806233832/www.greeneyedzeke.org/DPPTOC.html

Over time, more of it might become available, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

EDIT - I found one more page: http://web.archive.org/web/20050831094255/www.greeneyedzeke.org/DPPIntro3.html
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Apr 15 2007 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Syd. I'm actually going to re-incorporate some of that stuff into the new articles. I may not actually cut and paste, but it means I don't have to do all the research again. I've found a few new cool tidbits about Zito and the DP, though, that I'll definitely be adding in.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Apr 16 2007 03:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Reply to topic

Jump to: