SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wrestlemania 27 SUCKED

Reply to topic
Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's got to be the worst Wrestlemania I've seen since WM11. That finish was flat out horrible, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to book the match in the most opposite fashion, my god...that was bad. How in God's name do they begin the match by allowing Miz to cleanly get the upperhand on Cena? It's as if Cena decided to not try tonight. The card placement was bad, the action in the matches was mostly mediocre, and the entrances and post match conclusions were so drawn out and ridiculous. This really felt like a 4 hour Raw. I can't believe I almost paid $65 to watch this heap of crap. I'm glad I just watched it online instead;

The good:

Edge getting a WM title victory. He really needed a "moment" as a main eventer, and they finally allowed him to not look like the JTTS champion again. Alberto Del Rio is still young, and is probably going to win the title soon enough. He can still milk his Rumble win for a few more months. I'm also liking this Christian slow burn heel turn.

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio was a decent match. It wasn't a 5 star clinic, but it got it's point across. Both guys made the best to make the other guy look good, and it was nice to give Cody the win, I cannot say enough good things about the guy. Major potential.

The tombstone fakeout! I'll be honest, I was basically rolling my eyes at a lot of the false finishes, but that actually was pretty good. It got me a little jumpy and truly made me believe that Triple H was ending the streak. The match overall was decent for what it was, but it doesn't hold a candle to their WM17 match.

The bad:

The US title match getting bumped for more shit. This should've been the opening match, not the fucking WORLD TITLE MATCH. Both guys worked a dark match instead and it went to a no-contest. There was then a Battle Royal where Sheamus was elimated by the Great Khali. I have no idea if the title was on the line or what was going on, it's just what I heard, and since the commentators made no mention of it, I assumed that Khali is US champ...but I guess not? Either way, shame on WWE for pulling what could've been a good match.

The Corre/Kane Bigshow etc. match was way too fucking short. I literally left the room to go get something to drink right after the match started, by the time I got back, Big Show's music was playing. It had not been 2 minutes. I wasn't expecting this to be Steamboat/Flair, but goddamn...give me something.

The Lawler/Cole match was way too fucking long! This should've been the 2 minute squash. Instead, we get a nice long abortion of a match, where most of the action was running around in circles. Also, I want to send a big "fuck you" out to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Please stay the fuck away from a wrestling ring, I'm sick of your routine that was tiresome 10 years ago, if you're not going to wrestle, then I don't want you to come out there and waste my fucking time with can what only be described as the most overused situation a person can put themselves in against a certain wrestling personality. You're done....your time is over. Please get the fuck out, and don't come back.

The segments in-between the matches were not needed. I don't think many people paid $65 to watch Hornswoggle interact with Snoop Dogg or see Pee Wee Herman do his Rock impression. Leave this shit on Raw.

The conclusion to the Undertaker/Triple H match made me go from "that wasn't too bad, I kind of liked it" to "please God, fucking end this". After the match, both guys must've fucking laid there for what had to have been at least 10 minutes. Do we really need to be reminded that both of these guys are old and that they were just "put through hell?", how about you edit this shit down to fit more matches in.

The whole Miz/Cena match. This didn't feel like a WM main event at all. I've already gone on at great detail about how Miz just doesn't feel the part to me. First off, Cena came out to gospel music. I thought for sure we were either going to see him nailed to a big wooden cross, or Darren Young was going to take his place or something. The match gets under way, and Miz immediately gets the upper hand, just knocking around Cena left and right. They wrestle a very basic match, with nothing standing out in any way, no special feel at all. Finally, the match ends in a double count out, which is probably one of the biggest "fuck you's" you can give to your fanbase. It's nice that WWE shows contempt for the people who paid for this.

The "restart" of the match: Naturally, I knew that wasn't the end, I knew the Rock would come out and save the day. Yawn. Even if we got a real match out of this in the end, it still didn't make up for the fact that they didn't plan this thing through thoroughly enough to have it not even in a double count out. Almost immediately after the match restarts, Cena tries to give the AA to Miz, but Rock steps in and delivers a Rock Bottom. Seconds later, Miz retains and then gets his ass kicked by Rock. End of show. What the fuck? How could you end on that note? How about having Cena beat Miz in a fair match, then end WM with Cena and Rock facing off? Did we need a conclusion for what Cena did to Rock last week on Raw? Because if this was that conclusion, it was a very very shitty one. I would dare say a worse finish than WM9. I seriously might be done with wrestling for a while.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 08:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

You mean you didn't love seeing Snooki in an inter-gender tag match! Blasphemy!

Seriously, this was one of the biggest turds in the punchbowl from WWE in a loooooong time.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 09:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Why did The Rock go over at Wrestlemania? It doesn't make any sense. Why put over the guy who's not gonna be there more than a couple weeks?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Also, I want to send a big "fuck you" out to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Please stay the fuck away from a wrestling ring, I'm sick of your routine that was tiresome 10 years ago, if you're not going to wrestle, then I don't want you to come out there and waste my fucking time with can what only be described as the most overused situation a person can put themselves in against a certain wrestling personality. You're done....your time is over. Please get the fuck out, and don't come back.

I'd say 95% of the old Wrestling fanbase would disagree with you on that one Dodds.

LOL at Vince taking wrestling out of WWE.

Yea, I've been reading reviews online and it pretty much does sound like the worst Wrestlemania since 9. Even with The Rock, Stone Cold, Roddy Piper, Jim Ross (for the second half, anyway) and Mean Gene involved. That's terrifying.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 01:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
You mean you didn't love seeing Snooki in an inter-gender tag match! Blasphemy!

Seriously, this was one of the biggest turds in the punchbowl from WWE in a loooooong time.

You know what? I didn't even mind. It was a throw away match that we had a pretty good spot in. Snooki didn't look horrible in the ring and they didn't waste too much time on it.So for that, I'm fine with it.

JRA wrote:

I'd say 95% of the old Wrestling fanbase would disagree with you on that one Dodds.

LOL at Vince taking wrestling out of WWE.

Yea, I've been reading reviews online and it pretty much does sound like the worst Wrestlemania since 9. Even with The Rock, Stone Cold, Roddy Piper, Jim Ross (for the second half, anyway) and Mean Gene involved. That's terrifying.

I don't care if Austin gets huge face pops still, because his segments contribute to nothing outside of making the other guy look like an idiot. Whenever someone is in the ring with Austin, someone is getting stunned. Then he's going away for a few months, only to come back and do it again to someone else. Every time it's the same, no one ever gets the upper hand on a retired Steve Austin, everyone always trusts this guy to drink a beer with him. And it's OH SO HILARIOUS to see them get stunned. No thanks...especially on a PPV.

Jim Ross, despite people kissing his ass, I felt he didn't even act like he wanted to be there. Yes, it was nice to hear him, but the novelty wore off quickly when he acted like he was phoning it in. And honestly, WM9 was better than this shit, although it's still not as bad as 11.
Adrock4
Title: Mostly Lurks, Now
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 03:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I usually don't give a shit about wrestling too much anymore (used to love it when I was younger), but I got a chance to watch it, and it was pretty meh. The big names they threw out to get people interested (the Rock, Steve Austin, etc) didn't really do too much. I mean, I can't be the only one that thought that the Miz/Cena thing was going to have the Rock involved, too. The Lawler/Cole fight did take FAR too long, and the ending was incredibly disappointing, but not in the "bad guy wins" way the WWE intends. To quote a review I saw:

Quote:
Now we are going to have to keep hearing Michael Cole for God knows how long. Cole’s abuse of Lawler has been good because we thought it would be over after WrestleMania. It was one of those types of things that I enjoy in small doses. Now there is no end in sight.

Also, the Triple H/Undertaker match was painful to watch, but (again) probably not in the way the WWE intended. How many fucking chair shots do you need to do before you realize that the crowd gets that you're not going to win? I mean, seriously.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that Austin's shit is weak. Austin's shit got weak somewhere around 2001. According to the recap I read though, didn't he at least Stunner bad guys and not Lawler?

The reason fans pop for guys like Austin, Hacksaw, and Diesel is because they don't have to see them on a weekly basis. Look at Hogan's WWE runs last decade. Each time, he got a huge pop when he first showed up, then the fans turned on him within a couple months. Why? Because he's not very good in the ring. And at least Hogan's good on the mic. Austin's not. In fact, Austin's Attitude Era ring work is arguably worse than 80's Hogan. Punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, mudhole stomp, punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, Stunner. The only thing Austin had going for him was that the Stunner was a lot cooler than a leg drop.

Austin was cool back in the day, because there was no one like him. Now, he's about as relevant and cool as Koko B. Ware. Hell, I bet Koko B. Ware could get as big a pop as Austin if he showed up on RAW. And he'd be booked in less retarded segments, too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 06:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
And at least Hogan's good on the mic. Austin's not.

No fucking way. Even if Austin was getting kind of stale in 2001, the "What?" promo gimmick bought him at least another year.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"What?" was the worst thing ever. And Austin hates it. Apparently it was a rib against him by the writers.

You know, I've been thinking, and outside of his feuds with Vince and The Rock, I really didn't like Austin all that much.
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 08:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No it wasn't! It started as a answering machine message on Chrstian's voice mail!

I could listen to "What" promos for hours.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 09:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Snooki was surprisingly good,if she can lay off the booze she might be a viable diva one day. The orton/punk and HHH/taker match had WONDERFUL ring storytelling. You really felt the energy of the other matches. The rest was weak though. Not horrible matches really, just weird booking.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh, that sounds terrible. No HBK pretty much = automatic fail for me, but even by those standards, ouch.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Punk/Orton match was pretty bland as well. Orton hitting the RKO out of nowhere? Haven't seen THAT before! In all honesty, what was Punk even trying to go for? To me, there's a difference between a win out of nowhere (vintage Bret Hart rollup) rather than Punk/Orton laying there for 2 minutes doing nothing, Punk tries something and Orton counters. That's actually bad storytelling, the psychology was there, but the payoff wasn't. It wasn't a bad match, but for Wrestlemania, it fell short. I also like how they kayfabe Orton's leg, which is fine considering he isn't going to miss Wrestlemania, but he comes out to wrestle tonight, like it's no big deal. Hilarious.

I got about an hour into tonight's Raw, before I shut it off. It seems like nothing was accomplished from last night. Cole is still running around like a goof and WWE in all their wisdom felt they should let 16 people we've never seen before get air time to say hello for no reason (one was named Erik Watts, which I found to be pretty funny). Tough Enough DOESN'T work. None of that shit does. After every single contest they held, the only winner who went on to do anything significant has been John Morrison, almost everyone else gets fired right away and WWE hires the rejects like Miz, Michelle McCool and Josh Mathews. I think I might be done with wrestling for a while, this shit is just sad.
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 04 2011 10:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, could an HBK/Rocky matchy even saved last night?

Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Apr 05 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well now we have Rock vs Cena to look forward to at WM28. Only a year to wait, but at lest that's proper time to build up hype for it.

This Is Tuna With Bacon

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Apr 05 2011 08:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think a whole year of hype could get me excited for that, unless they're having a competition to see who can act the worst.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 05 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

JRA wrote:
No it wasn't! It started as a answering machine message on Chrstian's voice mail!

One of the worst booked segments they ever did was Austin decided to "hunt" DX. He dropped ceiling tiles on X-Pac:

He also caught Road Dogg in a bear trap. This was on 10/28/99. This was roughly 3 weeks after Vince Russo left the WWF, so this very well could have still be his booking.
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 05 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
JRA wrote:

One of the worst booked segments they ever did was Austin decided to "hunt" DX. He dropped ceiling tiles on X-Pac:

He also caught Road Dogg in a bear trap. This was on 10/28/99. This was roughly 3 weeks after Vince Russo left the WWF, so this very well could have still be his booking.

First of all, that segment was also awesome, second of all, what does that have to do with "What?"

Doddsino
PostPosted: Apr 05 2011 09:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think he's basically saying that even back in Austin's prime, his character was getting way too ridiculous.

The moment where I was ready for Austin to just fucking go away was when he "pissed" on Arn Anderson. Surprisingly, he actually did end up quitting WWE for real a few weeks later.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 06 2011 07:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying.

Also, Cena vs. The Rock at WM28? So I guess Cena isn't getting the title again at any point before May 2012? And if he does, he'll lose it before WM28... That, or he'll fight The Rock in a non-title match and then lose the title to an MITB winner.
JRA
PostPosted: Apr 06 2011 09:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Also, Cena vs. The Rock at WM28? So I guess Cena isn't getting the title again at any point before May 2012?

Isn't that a good thing?

Reply to topic

Jump to: