[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
PS3 delayed until November

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 07:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

So apparently Sony's PS3 launch has been delayed until November. This will be interesting for a few reasons:

1. Nintendo has yet to set a specific launch for the Revolution, but we've been promised it'll be out by November. Now aside from 3D Realms and Axl Rose, Nintendo are the kings of delayed release dates. But if Nintendo can actually make good on their promise, they can launch the Revolution at the same time as PS3 or EVEN BEFORE. This would be damn interesting to see. The Revolution is going to be cheaper, so it'll be interesting to see how it will fare head to head against PS3. My prediction is that the Revolution could have a stronger launch based on price and availability, then quickly be overtaken in sales by the PS3 in the following months.

2. XBox 360 will have had a full year unopposed as a next gen system. By the time PS3 launches, XBox 360 will have dropped in price, making it a better holiday buy for Christmas 2006 than PS3. Microsoft has been saying for months that the PS3 design was flawed (and they are definitely experts on flawed design) , so they will use this delay to create more negative buzz about the system. When PS3 does come out, people may be more hesitant to buy it as a result.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 01:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If the PS3 is $500+ like some reports have said, that's bad. I still say Nintendo has already won the next gen race. If the Revolution launches at $100 like many people have spread rumors about, or even $150, that's a shitload of houses they're going to get into.

The 360 came out too soon if ya ask me. The PS3 is going to be a lot more powerful than the 360. Plus I doubt the PS3 is going to 'f up the online part of the console war like the PS2 did.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, but am I wrong for not seeing the 360 as a threat? From my understanding, the launch titles are less than superb. I can't name one game off the top of my head that screams "Get the 360 so you can play ME." The 360 doesn't have anything like a Halo (which we all know is the only reason the Xbox lasted as long as it did).

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Kurt
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I'm sorry, but am I wrong for not seeing the 360 as a threat? From my understanding, the launch titles are less than superb. I can't name one game off the top of my head that screams "Get the 360 so you can play ME." The 360 doesn't have anything like a Halo (which we all know is the only reason the Xbox lasted as long as it did).

That and Morrowind possibly drew a crowd. And if there's any reason NOT to buy the 360, it's the rediculously flawed launch titles. The old Perfect Dark is far superior to this new, "improved" one.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 08:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oblivion will draw people in.

And many times, the first run of games on a system is largely forgettable. But by next year, the 360 will start to be getting good stuff instead of just barely upgraded versions of games that got releases on regular XBox too. Then it will be a threat.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Oblivion will draw people in.

I thought that was Entropy Razz lol jk

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Mar 15 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the PS3's hardware supposed to be a heck of a lot more powerful than the 360's?
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Mar 17 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a fan of the X-Box 360 by any means. The price, the fact that it's more of a PC than a console, and the lack of quality games makes it unpalatable to me. However, 2 weeks ago I played Fight Night 3 and the game is phenomenal. I can't say enough about the game: the graphics are incredible, the gameplay is great, it's fun to play/watch when dealing with a group of gamers...the list goes on. My buddies and I were up until 7am playing this game. If it were on a system that had OTHER great games, I might consider buying it. If I also robbed a bank to pay for it, of course.

Reply to topic

Jump to: