SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Sydlexia Minecraft Server! (SHITLOAD OF PICS)

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've been running a Survival multiplayer server for my friends for about a month now. It's a lot of fun, and what you build you take far more pride in, because you actually have to acquire the resources to do it first.
Fernin
Title: Comic Author
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 02:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well la dee dah, sir, we enjoy our Creative just fine.

...Kidding, Knyte, I also run an SMP server, but it's only been used a handful of times. Most of the folks who play in our Syd Lexian Creative server haven't bought Alpha yet (though, now that Beta is approaching, more folks are thinking about purchasing it on the cheap). I've had Alpha since early October myself, haven't stopped enjoying this game yet.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Dec 13 2010 09:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been in since I made it, but if your wondering where the Mario jumping into the Yoshi coin came from. Point at me kids. As long as its still there.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 15 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just launched the 2nd version of my server. I added Magic and a Currency system, which my players have been loving. The spells are a lot of fun to learn and cast. And, it makes redstone far more useful. (Since I was the only one who ever used it for circuits and switches.)

And, the currency system has been great for me. We had a system set up were the players could trade in gold they found for other things such as TNT, String, and Obsidian. But, I had to be on to the trade since I had to use the /GIVE sysop functions.

The currency system let's them sell the gold whenever they want, and in exchange they receive "Dracos" (My world's form of currency), then anytime they want to buy goods they can, without me needing to be there.

I now also have plans to add in the Movecraft mod as well as automated backup and server rebooting. (Which will also be nice for me as a sysop. I run the server on a Ubuntu Linux box which seems to be less laggy then the Windows server, but there still seems to be some memory leaks in the code, and the world gets a bit glitchy and lagged down if I don't restart the server about every 36 - 48 hours.)
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jan 03 2011 02:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Any of you build anything like this yet?

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Jan 08 2011 02:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte wrote:
I just launched the 2nd version of my server. I added Magic and a Currency system, which my players have been loving. The spells are a lot of fun to learn and cast. And, it makes redstone far more useful. (Since I was the only one who ever used it for circuits and switches.)

And, the currency system has been great for me. We had a system set up were the players could trade in gold they found for other things such as TNT, String, and Obsidian. But, I had to be on to the trade since I had to use the /GIVE sysop functions.

The currency system let's them sell the gold whenever they want, and in exchange they receive "Dracos" (My world's form of currency), then anytime they want to buy goods they can, without me needing to be there.

I now also have plans to add in the Movecraft mod as well as automated backup and server rebooting. (Which will also be nice for me as a sysop. I run the server on a Ubuntu Linux box which seems to be less laggy then the Windows server, but there still seems to be some memory leaks in the code, and the world gets a bit glitchy and lagged down if I don't restart the server about every 36 - 48 hours.)

This sounds interesting. What mods do you use and can I join in?

ALSO: I plan on making myself a SMP server. Could you provide any hints? (Mods, interet connection speed and ping, considerations, etc.
Sarge
Title: The Self-Titler
PostPosted: Jan 08 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

You guys have a server? I have my brother's account that he rarely plays anymore. PM me.

Sarge
PostPosted: Jan 12 2011 05:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

SOMEONE GIVE ME AN IP

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jan 12 2011 06:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go into the IRC channel when you have the chance. Link's in my sig. If Fern's around he'll put up the server.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Sarge
PostPosted: Jan 14 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a few from my survival single player... Kind of cave home, found it early in the game: Image

My first ever actual construction:

One trap finished, another in progress. Ignore the messy wiring, I was trying to get fancy.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jan 15 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I built a tower. -waves flags-

I should've taken a picture before I got out of the server.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jan 17 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, Sarge, that giant lava column looks awesome.

Sarge
PostPosted: Jan 18 2011 01:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah just build up to the sky, place lava, and jump down to water. Helps you find your place if it isn't right by your spawn. What you need to be looking at is that sky trap. Took about 20k cobblestone to make, but I can't seem to get a good canal system inside. In any case, I got enough out of it to make a stack or 2 of TNT, all I should ever need.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jan 22 2011 05:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ha! Finally got my pictures.

Here's of the tower from the outside, facing the front.

Photobucket

Next, the bridge connecting it to the sky bridge.

Photobucket

The second floor, with the opening of the shaft that leads to the hallway.

Photobucket

The first hallway.

Photobucket

The Blue Room's first chamber.

Photobucket

The second chamber of The Blue Room.

Photobucket

The Blue Room doesn't look anything like the way I see it in my dreams, but it's close enough.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jan 22 2011 06:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
The Blue Room doesn't look anything like the way I see it in my dreams, but it's close enough.

Yeah, me neither. I imagined The Blue Room being blue, myself.

Does the symbol in the first pic have any significance? What about the '19' or '61' on the bridge in the second pic?

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Mr. Satire
Title: No title necessary.
PostPosted: Jan 22 2011 09:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
Drew Linky wrote:

Yeah, me neither. I imagined The Blue Room being blue, myself.

So did I. I was actually there when he was constructing said room. I was wondering why he was using green instead of blue for The Blue Room.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jan 26 2011 06:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool photos! Keep 'em coming.

Also, for anyone interested, Zero Punctuation reviewed Minecraft.
Reply to topic

Jump to: