[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Brenda Starr to end after 70 years

Reply to topic
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzy wrote:
I think Garfield should end with Lyman coming back and murdering everyone. Just saying. He always looked like a serial killer with that mustache.

When asked what happened to Lyman, Jim Davis replies "Don't look in Jon's basement..."

The canon explanation is he went off to join the peace corps and never returned. Either way, WTF.

Anyways, some good stuff came out of Garfield. Like Garfield and Friends. And Garfield Minus Garfield...as much as I hate the strip I find it AWESOME that Jim Davis didn't immediately C&D that and actually fully endorsed it (I've heard tell Davis doesn't really like his strip either, but it's a huge cash cow). But the strip itself is way past it's prime.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I don't hate the strip I just got really tired of it over the years. I owned so many of those little Garfield books and I have great memories of eating Kid Cuisine and reading those things, so it will always have a place in my heart along with Garfield and Friends and all of the holiday specials, especially the Christmas one. But like I said, I'm kind of over reading the strip anymore.

AtmanRyu
Title: The Wandering Dragon
PostPosted: Dec 12 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

One of my professors, who happen to work on Brenda Starr, is pretty close to throwing a party because of that.

i.e. "FREE!!! I'M FREEEEEEE!!!"
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Dec 20 2010 04:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Good riddance is what I say! While we're at it, let's get rid of Rose is Rose, Stone Soup, Family Circus, For Better or For Worse and a couple others.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: