"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Good morning!

Reply to topic
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 07:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a weird guy. I'm sure you already knew that, though.

This past week I've been on vacation, and I find that without the rigorous guidlines of a work schedule, my sleeping habits have become increasingly erratic.

I would go off on a rant about how my other job decided not to bother putting me on their schedule, but I don't really care. It's nice to pretend that I don't have responsibilities once in a while.

Ive been doing odd things to pass the time when I'm awake at 6am. You know, the time that I could be using to do something constructive... Like writing... Or learning Japanese...

When not comparing power rangers to the Japanese sentai shows who's footage they've stolen, or watching reruns of swat cats on boomerang, I get downright retarded.

As anyone who's had the pleasure of driving me home from work can tell you, I live next to one of those 24/7 quick Chek gas stations. I love this, and spend more time in there than I do with my wife and child. Seriously, they know me by my first name.

Aside from looking like some kind of a freak, being "that guy" at a gas station naturally makes you privy to the routines of the customers. One such routine is what i like to call the five o'clock rush.

The five o'clock rush is when all of the men who have work early file into quick Chek, buying coffee, newspapers, and anything else that's going to help them suffer through waking up at 4am or earlier. Normally reserved for the blue collar types, quick Chek seems to be the exception to the rule. I've noticed more guys with iPhone holsters on their belts, accentuated by their nicely ironed shirts, neatly tucked in.

Well hey, it's 5am. I'm wide awake, and I'm bored. Let's go to the gas station.

But first let me tuck my shirt in, shave, and fix my hair.

I walk into the place, and Billy (the cashier) looks up from attending his long line of white collar customers and mutters "oh crap...".

I loudly exclaim "good morning gentlemen!" and get some halfhearted grumbles and awkward stares in return.

I make my way over to the newspapers, pick one up, and while holding it upside down I pretend to flip through it before tucking it under my arm, explaining that I have to check my stocks, but am more interested in the sports pages. I let out a hearty, yet friendly laugh. I get awkward stares in return.

I walk up to the coffee, pour a cup, and try to make conversation with a man who witnessed my scene with the newspaper. He can't pour those little cups of creamer fast enough to get away from me. The man practically runs away from my good natured advances.

While standing on line, I pretend that my iPod touch is an iPhone, and have an imaginary conversation with an important client. I loudly boast that learning of Michael jackson's passing was a surprise to me, and pretend to play dumb with myself. I start getting dirty looks when I ask my imaginary phone companion whether "the black one or the white one" died.

Finally somebody bites. A man who I can only describe as looking like "willem dafoe with facial hair" confronts me on my disruption. Still "on the phone" I hold my hand up on his general direction, as if to say "this is more important than whatever you're trying to tell me. I am not even listening to you. I will be with you on a minute." and continue my Imaginary conversation. The man is fuming now.

Deciding that I've had my fun and should let these people get back to their morning, lest I get punched in the face by some guy going through his midlife crisis, I put my iPod away and cheerfully exclaim "congratulations! You're on MTV's boiling point and you've just won a hundred dollars! There are hidden cameras here, here, and there! Let me just go out to my van and get some release forms for you to sign."

as I walk out the door, past the embarassed man who thinks he's about to recieve a hundred dollars and a funny story to talk about around the water cooler, I hear Billy finally lose his composure and start laughing.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

You, my friend, are a piece of work. I think I need to come hang out with you.

Atma
Title: Dragoon
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 10:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzy wrote:
You, my friend, are a piece of work. I think I need to come hang out with you.

This.

You have entertained me this morning. And I thank you for that.
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 01:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think now I might try to get some sleep.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Film this, you could be the next big thing.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with sideway, film it if possible. That's pretty funny stuff.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dear FNJ,

You're awesome, and if people throughout the world did silly, fun shit like this the world would be much more chilled place.

In short "lol".
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You have won the internets.

Well, a part of it at least.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jul 22 2010 11:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys. It was fun.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 23 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Is this copy pasta?

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 17 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. This is something that I actually did.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Nov 18 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ, how do you feel when you do this stuff?

Excited? Bored? Eager?

Personally I couldn't do it, I would be anxious... so I'm just trying to figure out how a person who would do it would feel when pulling a stunt like that off.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 18 2010 02:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am usually curious about the reactions that I would get, and then amused to find out.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 21 2010 04:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad at all, sir. The gas station should have cameras all over the place, though - any chance of getting the store employees to give you a copy the next time you do something like this?
FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 22 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt it. That's a security thing.

Reply to topic

Jump to: