SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
I found something to love about California: libraries!!!!

Reply to topic
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 09:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
Wasn't Fantagraphics a furry speciality comics company? I seem to remember Shanda the Panda and some others done by them, but naturally, I could be wrong.

I believe they were. And, guess what, Usagi Yojimbo is a furry comic.

Back at the beginning it was a bit more comedic. Later on, around Book 4 or so, then even more so when it moved to Mirage and then Dark Horse, while the humor was still there, it took a huge turn for the dramatic.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

UsaSatsui wrote:
aeonic wrote:
Wasn't Fantagraphics a furry speciality comics company? I seem to remember Shanda the Panda and some others done by them, but naturally, I could be wrong.

Back at the beginning it was a bit more comedic. Later on, around Book 4 or so, then even more so when it moved to Mirage and then Dark Horse, while the humor was still there, it took a huge turn for the dramatic.

Actually, I was thinking of Albedo and got them muxed up with Fantagraphics. Albedo produced anthro comics like Shanda the Panda and others, while Fantagraphics was more indie oriented in general, although they also had a few other anthro comics like Omaha the Cat Dancer. BTW, Hawk or anyone else for that matter, Fantagraphics has some of the best damn comics collection graphic novels I've ever read (Love and Rockets is my favorite, but also Clowes stuff like Ghost World). Definitely worth checking out.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not to derail into furry comic suggestions, but I liked reading Ebin & May from a sampling in Furlough. Not sure if it's in a stand alone collection.

Getting back on track, with 8 books out it seems like Deadpool is the "Wolverine" of the recent few years in comics, i.e. oversaturation.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Aug 14 2010 06:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
UsaSatsui wrote:
aeonic wrote:

Actually, I was thinking of Albedo and got them muxed up with Fantagraphics. Albedo produced anthro comics like Shanda the Panda and others, while Fantagraphics was more indie oriented in general, although they also had a few other anthro comics like Omaha the Cat Dancer. BTW, Hawk or anyone else for that matter, Fantagraphics has some of the best damn comics collection graphic novels I've ever read (Love and Rockets is my favorite, but also Clowes stuff like Ghost World). Definitely worth checking out.

Usagi was also in Albeido for a bit.
Reply to topic

Jump to: