"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Death of ECW

Reply to topic
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Feb 03 2010 03:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12179/

Basically, McMahon has stated that ECW is ending in three weeks, and will be replaced with a new show, called WWE NXT. Not quite sure how I should feel about this, as I never really watched ECW, but the new show's name sounds really stupid.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Feb 03 2010 09:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

It was ECW in name only, so whatever.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Feb 03 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing will change except the name.

It has already become the inbetween for FCW (WWE's Training Grounds) and WWE. It's all newer, younger stars with a few veterans thrown in to help them out. This gives them exposure, TV Time, and character development. If they fans warm up to them in thier characters, then they will be moved the Smackdown or RAW. Just like Borne, Kingston, Miz, Morrison, and the like.
seinfeld
PostPosted: Feb 03 2010 04:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was only a matter of time. I guess they had to wait for EVERY ECW original to leave before they officially changed the name.
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Feb 03 2010 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well Shemus did come from ecw and he is the greatest thing ever so I don't mind the inbetween.

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Feb 03 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the good news is ECW will be remembered the way it always should have been. The low budget, Paul Heyman, hardcore rules mayhem that made the wrestlers there stars for life.

Now, it's got Vince's trademark X in it, so it will probably go the way of the XFL.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 04 2010 04:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

People act as if the original ECW wasn't what the new ECW was: a place where has beens, new kids and soon to be stars start before they blossom elsewhere. All these bitter old ECW stars are fucking idiotic, and the only one who made any decent money after they retired was RVD and Taz.

Death to ECW

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 04 2010 07:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

The old ECW was ultraviolent though. The WWE version was bland and shitty.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 05 2010 04:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I hated ECW Classic in a lot of ways. Nothing is less attractive than garbage wrestling where the entire match is weapon shots...ANYONE can do that. Nothing was more embarassing than seeing their flagship guy Sandman botch nearly everything he did, make his opponents look bad with his sloppiness and unprofessional approach by being drunk during almost every match he had.

ECW Classic did have some really good wrestling on it though, my favorite always was Malenko and Guerrero constantly wrestling to the time limit and making you want more. If I ever had it my way, THAT is how you would book wrestling, so many false finishes and every time you thought it was over...it kept you glued. Even my dad, who grew up watching Dick the Bruiser and Cowboy Bob Ellis, was absolutely AMAZED at how enjoyable these matches seemed to be. And he considers Ric Flair one of the most boring guys to lace up a pair of boots. Other standouts were Bam Bam Bigelow who was booked amazingly, Taz, Sabu when he wasn't botching, and especially Raven...who is quite possibly one of the best characters that was under utilized.

New ECW? I enjoyed it...and it was for a long time probably the best show on TV. Christian is one of the best booked champions I've seen for a while. He can make everyone look his equal without going out of his way to wrestle the style that guys like Cena and Undertaker do, where they're destroyed for several minutes and then out of nowhere win the match. I'm really worried what's going to become of a lot of these guys, most will likely become feeders if they go to Raw. I mean we saw what happened to Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger and Mark Henry after essentially doing great elsewhere.
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Feb 05 2010 01:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't stick Swagger in that lot, he's been having decent to good matches with top card guys for a while, he lasted much longer against Cena and Triple Haitch just last week than CM Punk and even Orton.

Oh, and the new name is ****ing stupid. Just bring back Velocity for god's sake, the green would even make sense for the new guys. Green, get it? Teeheehath.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 05 2010 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He was still fed to Santino for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Of all the people they could've done it to, they've just made Swagger look non-existant in that respect. He did have a good match with Triple H, but that doesn't mean anything at this point since he's still lower midcard at best.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 07 2010 04:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

The new ECW was the best wrestling program week in and week out. Goldust, Christian, and Regal carrying the matches, Yoshi Tatsu Zach Ryder and Zeke/Kozlov providing new hope for the new jacks.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I finally agree with you about something Uncle Joe
uncle joe
PostPosted: Feb 09 2010 04:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

When Worlds Collide.

Reply to topic

Jump to: