SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Hell hath frozen over. (Bret signs with WWE)

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 06:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

According to a WWE source who would have full knowledge of the situation, Bret Hart has indeed signed a short-term talent contract with World Wrestling Entertainment,

The WWE Hall of Famer signed the this past week and it will cover the period from 1/1 to 4/10, or through WrestleMania and about two weeks after the 3/28 show at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ.

Hart simply told a reliable source that he wasn't going to lie about anything and thus wasn't going to comment on this story.

It was said that Hart wanted his signing to be kept quiet and his return to be a surprise, but that WWE couldn't help itself but all but announced it publicly on the first RAW after the ink was dry.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 07:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Neat. HBK feud? Can he wrestle?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 08:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy ****, I'm really just speechless right now. I thought the guy wouldn't be able to stand being in the same company with HBK, I'm really hoping this leads to them patching things up. Bret would be pretty cool as Raw's GM.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 09:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

I was thinking this too. Hell, this is what EVERYONE wants. Heel HBK vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania with Shawn tapping out.

Mind you, I'm a bigger Michaels' fan...but this is the LOGICAL thing to do. In fact if Bret does have one last match, the only person who could actually give him the best match would ironically be Shawn, unless WWE somehow got Kurt Angle back.
scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even if he can't wrestle, bring him on as a manager. A "new age" Hart Foundation stable would be cool with him as the manager. Heck, bring Flair in with the 4 Horsemen for a feud. Don't they hate each other in real life?

Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've had so much Flair in the 6 years he was there that I hope they don't bring him back for a very long time.

Bret's going to be involved with Wrestlemania in one way or another, it would only make since to have him square off against Shawn. The Hart Dynasty thing just looks too awkward to me, Bret doesn't really fit the bill of what a manager would be and he would attract attention to himself and not the group he was managing, which isn't a good thing.
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Syd Lexia wrote:

I was thinking this too. Hell, this is what EVERYONE wants. Heel HBK vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania with Shawn tapping out.

Mind you, I'm a bigger Michaels' fan...but this is the LOGICAL thing to do. In fact if Bret does have one last match, the only person who could actually give him the best match would ironically be Shawn, unless WWE somehow got Kurt Angle back.

And the thing is, I'll bet you Michaels would do it too, if only to finally, OFFICIALLY (officially meaning in this case "actually accepted by Bret and not thrown back in his face") bury the hatchet.

That is why HBK will always > Hart imho. That, and since I'm female I get to point out that he is far, FAR better looking, even now, that Bret is, was, or ever will be. Very Happy

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 16 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me...the roof would blow off the place if Shawn tapped to Bret, which is exactly why if Bret does indeed wrestle one last match, it would be for closure.

Hell, if I could have it my way though, I'd want Kurt Angle vs. Bret. I've been wanting that since 2000.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 17 2009 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't Kurt Angle like, 12 in 2000? Laughing

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 18 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Michaels tap to Bret? Shall we have it in Montreal too? Razz

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

uncle joe
PostPosted: Dec 27 2009 01:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt BRet can wrestle, since he's had not only a big stroke and had his career ended by Goldberg (accidentally), but he now has big back problems.

Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Dec 27 2009 02:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well I bet A match could MAYBE happen but long term no chance.

SSNintendo
Title: Likes to Blow Sh*t Up
PostPosted: Dec 27 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe him and Vince can have a match where Bret just beats him down.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 28 2009 04:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

SSNintendo wrote:
Maybe him and Vince can have a match where Bret just beats him down.

Or he could spit in his face, then proceed to smash several TV moniters. After the PPV we see a scuffle backstage and Vince staggers out dazed. Shawn then "swears to fuckin God" he had nothing to do with it.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Dec 28 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think Bret should come in as the newest member of DX, just because it is "shocking" and "edgy" but still "Rated PG", and also makes absolutely no sense, which seems to be what the WWE writers are going for nowadays.
Boonjovi
Title: Electric Sex Pants
PostPosted: Jan 03 2010 01:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Knyte is hilarious, XD

And I just noticed your location too, which is also funny Very Happy

"If you try to fix violence, with more violence, all you do is create violence" - Tom DeLonge.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 05 2010 01:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So what do we think of Bret's (re?) debut?

I thought it was okay. It went...pretty much exactly as I think we'd all expect a WWE script to go at this point (spoilers below I guess?)

He made up with Shawn (I hope there was genuine feeling there as well as acting--that is, that they've actually worked things out not just for the camera's sake), and tried to make up with Vince. Naturally Vince sucker kicked him, because he's Vince and that's what he always does.

Now the question is: for how long will Shawn and Bret stay made-up? It sure seemed like Vince and Shawn were in on something together last week. Red herring, or is HBK just gaining Bret's trust so he can stab him in the back and set up a match at WM?

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 05 2010 01:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They'll probably figure it out as they go along. Either that or they wrote how they are going to act months ago.

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 02:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

If Vince double screwed Bret... oh man. I'd feel bad, but at the same time, I'd be crying from laughter. Just the amount of balls it would take to do that, especially since he'd probably lose some fanbase for those who are aware of the ordeal.

Also, Knyte, since when do you have Droz in your profile? ^_^

RIP Hacker.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 05:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierHawk wrote:

Now the question is: for how long will Shawn and Bret stay made-up? It sure seemed like Vince and Shawn were in on something together last week. Red herring, or is HBK just gaining Bret's trust so he can stab him in the back and set up a match at WM?

I really do hope so. Personally, I don't think it's going to happen because they need Shawn to help shill DX merchandise. In fact, I doubt DX will even break up prior to WM, they'll just seperate after the Rumble, then get back to their merchandise shilling around Backlash...I mean if I could con kids into spending $10 on glowsticks, I would milk that as hard as I could.

But from the looks of things, we are going to get that lazy Vince/Bret street fight, which will be 8 minutes tops, and it'll be a beatdown from start to finish. MAYBE if they're smart...they'll give that to us at the Rumble...Shawn will come out and cost Bret the match...Bret faces Shawn at WM.

Nah, who am I kidding? WWE would never pull off something that good. We're going to get Shawn and Taker again...only not as good. Maybe Hornswaggle will do a run in where he hits Taker in the nads with a bag of oranges, then he (Hornswaggle) covers him and breaks the streak.
Thunderhorse
Title: This is DELICIOUS!
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wait...Shawn can't fight Bret at WM, he already has a match with Undertaker, right?

This Is Tuna With Bacon

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 05:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing is official yet...it seems they're blowing their load by announcing it this early...and personally, I don't see why they would face eachother again because you wouldn't top last year.

I'd rather they swap opponents, with Taker facing Vince, since it was him who helped screw him a few months back.
Reply to topic

Jump to: