[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The 100th article/feedback for said article

Reply to topic
Eddie_Hyde
Title: Ernie with the Disposal
PostPosted: Jan 05 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
Eddie_Hyde wrote:
Does that count as punctuation? I was taught it's the symbol at the end of a sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe

Quote:
The apostrophe ( ’ or ' ) is a punctuation mark, and sometimes a diacritic mark, in languages that use the Latin alphabet or certain other alphabets.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 12:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Eddie_Hyde wrote:
FNJ wrote:
Eddie_Hyde wrote:
Does that count as punctuation? I was taught it's the symbol at the end of a sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe

Quote:
The apostrophe ( ’ or ' ) is a punctuation mark, and sometimes a diacritic mark, in languages that use the Latin alphabet or certain other alphabets.

You really can't make me out to be like that, considering you're the one that started this entire thing with a baseless statement. If you don't want to be called out on saying something stupid, you probably shouldn't be so quick to call other people out on their stupidity.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 04:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

here's the link to the rule on quoting. http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=676

apparently its sticky'd in the general discussions forum.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 07:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
here's the link to the rule on quoting. http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=676

apparently its sticky'd in the general discussions forum.

Thanks! Razz This Is A Joke

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 08:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why people worry so much about proper grammar and punctuation on fucking internet message boards like it matters or something. It honestly is stupid, pointless and nothing usually positive comes from it. It basically is an excuse for someone to act superior over someone. It doesn't prove you have a higher IQ or that your smart.

It is one thing to write a college paper full of errors, but I honestly don't give a fuck if I mispell in the Sydlexia chatroom or on this board.

I am convinced some posters on this board are complete cocksuckers and I will not name names in order to prevent a flame war(not you FJN). You are normally pretty cool, but you go through spells of trying to make other people feel like shit sometimes. Your not really a full grammar nazi like some people, but it is annoying when you do it.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 06 2010 08:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's the thing. I wasn't being a grammar nazi at all. in fact, I have terrible grammar and sometimes manage spell entire words backwards somehow.

I was more annoyed that once again, someone was singling out a forumer to pick on just because it's become socially acceptable to pick on that particular person, but once again, wasn't clever enough to do it properly, and instead felt the need to try to get at him over something as stupid as using punctuation.

especially considering it wasn't even that bad. I could understand if the guy was one of those tards that post giant paragraphs with no punctuation and words purposely misspelled like some do, but it was a one line sentence.

I find that lately I've just become a naturally abrasive person, even if I don't always mean to, but at least I act like a dick to everyone accordingly, some of you people just do it because it's safe.

username
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really notice anything abrasive about your behavior Jew. Others can be bigger dicks IMO

Klimbatize wrote:

Eddie_Hyde
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 01:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't trying to single anyone out, I meant it as a joke. I actually like Hacker much more than *some* other forum members and was not making that comment because it's cool to pick on him. If anyone hasn't noticed, it hasn't been cool to pick on Hacker for a couple of years now. If I offended anyone I am sorry, if not, cool the fuck down.

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 02:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

There.They're.Their.

Laughing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 02:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Eddie_Hyde wrote:
I wasn't trying to single anyone out, I meant it as a joke. I actually like Hacker much more than *some* other forum members and was not making that comment because it's cool to pick on him. If anyone hasn't noticed, it hasn't been cool to pick on Hacker for a couple of years now. If I offended anyone I am sorry, if not, cool the fuck down.

hacker hasn't even been around for a couple of years, and I am highly offended by the wording of your post.

Your original comment was stupid, baseless, and completely out of line, and every comment after that has just been you trying to save face. Now I would tell you that your best course of action here is to simply not say things like that in the future, but definitely don't try some silly shit to save face like posting videos of family guy or flat out telling me to "cool the fuck down", because honestly I've been rather level headed about this whole thing and could overreact and do a lot worse than call you out on your own faults in a calm and well thought out manner like I have.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 06:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Amazingly, I am just now realized that the 100th article is now up (I really suck at noticing things like that), and I have to say good job!

I was familiar with the title, but I knew absolutely nothing about the game or anything behind it. You went above and beyond what any other article would ever do. It's things like this, that make this website better than a lot of the other sites I've gone to. Keep up the great work Syd, we all appreciate it.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

LOUD NOISES!

Eddie_Hyde
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
I am highly offended by the wording of your post.
Your original comment was stupid, baseless, and completely out of line, and every comment after that has just been you trying to save face. Now I would tell you that your best course of action here is to simply not say things like that in the future, but definitely don't try some silly shit to save face like posting videos of family guy or flat out telling me to "cool the fuck down", because honestly I've been rather level headed about this whole thing and could overreact and do a lot worse than call you out on your own faults in a calm and well thought out manner like I have.

If I hadn't been highly offended by your posts, I would not have posted my wording in that way. See, you saw mocking where there was none, just a stupid joke, and took an large amount of offense, and came back at me with several smart-ass posts, like the wikipedia link, which I do not like at all. I disagree that you called me out in a "calm and well thought out manner," as I was highly offended by it. Also, your comments about "saving face" make no since to me. I am not just making shit up in a pathetic attempt to gain forgiveness, and the family guy video was ment as much in humor as it was in flaming. I know I am fighting an uphill battle here, since you are well-liked here and I am barely thought of, but I think I have the right to defend myself, I think just because you've been around much longer does not give you the right act oh so high-and-mighty and attack anyone you want.

Once again, I would like to apologize to anyone else who took offense. It was a stupid, spontaneous joke, and I do not wish to piss anyone else off or upset anybody.

Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You know, the nWo has a thread for when you people are saying things that you take offense too, eh?

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( &#865;� &#8
PostPosted: Jan 07 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You guys and your huge penises...

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Eddie_Hyde wrote:
FNJ wrote:

If I hadn't been highly offended by your posts, I would not have posted my wording in that way. See, you saw mocking where there was none, just a stupid joke, and took an large amount of offense, and came back at me with several smart-ass posts, like the wikipedia link, which I do not like at all. I disagree that you called me out in a "calm and well thought out manner," as I was highly offended by it. Also, your comments about "saving face" make no since to me. I am not just making shit up in a pathetic attempt to gain forgiveness, and the family guy video was ment as much in humor as it was in flaming. I know I am fighting an uphill battle here, since you are well-liked here and I am barely thought of, but I think I have the right to defend myself, I think just because you've been around much longer does not give you the right act oh so high-and-mighty and attack anyone you want.

Once again, I would like to apologize to anyone else who took offense. It was a stupid, spontaneous joke, and I do not wish to piss anyone else off or upset anybody.

So this was just a retarded misunderstanding? Then I will be an adult and apologize. However, the "acting high and mighty and attack anyone you want" thing is bullshit, if you go a page back and read everything.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
You guys and your huge penises...

I just get tired of people always picking on the same people over silly things, especially when they don't even make sense in their attempt.

and anyway, didn't I already state that my penis is of average size last time this happened?

username
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

That's it, I'm taking my kickball and going home

Klimbatize wrote:

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

kickball sucks. real men play dodgeball.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 05:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Real men play Bop-It.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 05:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

joshwoodzell wrote:
Real men play Bop-It.

Fuck yeah...I beat that shit back in the day...you gotta get 100+ right in order for that to happen
Eddie_Hyde
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 06:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
Eddie_Hyde wrote:
FNJ wrote:

So this was just a retarded misunderstanding? Then I will be an adult and apologize. However, the "acting high and mighty and attack anyone you want" thing is bullshit, if you go a page back and read everything.

Thank you a lot for your apology. I would also like to apologize, and say that I was out of line with many of my comments previously, and would like to put this nonsense I've started behind us.

pineapple
PostPosted: Jan 08 2010 06:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Aww...How cute. Laughing
Reply to topic

Jump to: