"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
New Champion

Reply to topic
DJStonie
Title: >.>... I dunno
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 01:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Earlier tonight, Sheamus actually defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship after only competing on RAW for a month. It was a rather nice, shocking outcome, but at the same time a lot people may consider him too "Green" on the brand to be the champion already. I think it's great that there's a new, fresh superstar on RAW, especially one that's capable of gaining the WWE Championship in such a short period of time. ESPECIALLY one that can go over Cena.
Sexton Hardcastle
Title: The Supreme Element
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Did he actually beat Cena legitimately or did he win by some under handed heel tactic? I'm amazed he won at all, but if he won clean that would be even more incredible. Also, how was the crowd reaction? When I stopped watching the crowd was pretty anti Cena.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 01:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I mentioned before that I figured that Sheamus would get the Umaga match treatment, but boy was I wrong. Although it's interesting to see someone new as champion, I didn't mean a literally NEW guy. He was losing cleanly to Goldust on ECW and squashed a few jobbers, hardly enough to say WWE champion material, plus this seemed like hotshot booking in my opinion. The crowd seemed to be apathedic and I don't really consider him to draw. In fact, I see Cena possibly beating him tomorrow on Raw.

And while I feel a breath of fresh air for once, I can only question this move. Why now? There's only a few months till Wrestlemania (please God, don't set up a Sheamus/Triple H title match) and he's really a questionable guy to headline such a main event. There's only one other guy who has won the title quicker than Sheamus and that was Yokozuna and he was truly booked as a monster.

I really don't even know what to say about this. Unique? Absolutely! Smart booking? I don't think so. If Sheamus had spent time on Raw establishing his dominance, it would be fine, but that isn't the case.

Really, this is WWE's fault. They're always booking themselves into a corner by making some stars WAY too dominant so when they decide to bring someone else up, it just doesn't fit. I mean it would've worked perfectly if Sheamus was booked like Umaga was for nearly a year. This guy doesn't even have a damn figure, so I hardly see the ratings skyrocketing.

I'll be watching Raw tomorrow for the first time since Trish hosted. If they announce a rematch, I think that's probably going to end with Cena again. As illogical as this feels, MAYBE WWE will do something interesting, afterall I was wrong with JBL as champion.

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Did he actually beat Cena legitimately or did he win by some under handed heel tactic? I'm amazed he won at all, but if he won clean that would be even more incredible. Also, how was the crowd reaction? When I stopped watching the crowd was pretty anti Cena.

They were both on the top turnbuckle and Sheamus pushed him into a table while he fell backwards. The spot was pretty weird to watch, I mean it does look like Cena leaped backward a bit while calculating his movement.
DJStonie
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 04:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping they let Sheamus keep it for a while, at least until the next Pay Per View. They could and should have used someone with much more momentum - like Kofi Kingston. But, since they're bothering to give Sheamus the WWE Championship so early, I think they may as well continue the push, rather than giving him the title for only a day. It's still a title reign and should be treated one, even if he loses sooner than later to John Cena. A day-long title reign as the WWE Champion wouldn't really do anyone good, not that giving someone a world championship so soon does, but making it a day-long reign would make it much worse. Besides, he very well could start picking up momentum from defeating Cena for the championship. I know I'm interested in how the crowd will react tomorrow. :p
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Someone beat that nice blonde boy who beat up the Iranian guy?
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 07:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wow... Sheamus WON?

A Tables match isn't a pin though, which gives Cena an out to ramble on the mic tonight, which he might do. I didn't expect him to win but I'm glad to not have Cena as champion. I agree with let him keep it until the next PPV. See how e does with it, maybe he'll find a way to get put over in a good or bad way.

Looks like I have a reason to watch tonight too.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 09:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sheamus won because HHH wants his cock. Like, seriously. Any time in recent interviews where HHH has been asked what new talent he likes, it's always Sheamus that he puts over.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 09:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He also likes Drew McIntyre...the new Intercontinental champion, who's basically as uncharismatic and enjoyable as wet laundry. Why they chose Drew over Dolph Ziggler, I have absolutely no idea.

One simple thought that I might think could work for both Sheamus and McIntyre, would be to team them up. Have them almost be like a modern-day Outsiders or something, MAYBE that could work for the both of them.
DJStonie
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 09:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Sheamus won Breakout Star of the Year. And I agree, Dolph Ziggler would have made a great IC champion.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Dec 14 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I said I was going to watch tonight, and I didn't know it was a 3 hour show. I turn it on, and once again I see Punk against Cena.

Cena beats Punk in under 5 minutes.

*turns TV to the 49er's game*
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Dec 15 2009 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cena also rambled about the loss. I flipped over to it in the middle of the rant.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Reply to topic

Jump to: