[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Jay Lethal to square off against wrestling legends

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So some Impact tapings were done recently, and it's been leaked that Jay Lethal is involved in a new angle where he'll fight guys from the 80s and early 90s. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart has been confirmed as one of his opponents. This angle was decided on before the signing of Hulk Hogan, so it's unclear if it will eventually lead to a Hogan/Lethal feud.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Obviously, the fans want to really want to see Black Machismo wrestle against or team up with the Macho Man, but with Hogan in TNA, it's almost definite that we won't get to see that happen. And with that being the case, it's really shitty for TNA to rub salt in our wounds with this angle.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 04:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This kinda angers my blood. I honestly wish Hulk Hogan would drop off into obscurity to give some of my actual favorites a chance to shine.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 04:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can Jim even still wrestle? When I saw him on Raw a few years ago, he looked enormous.

I really feel for Lethal, I kinda wish he'd drop the Machismo gimmick, even though he's great at it, because it's always going to lead back to shit like this.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 04:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he can team up with Hulk, and they can be the "Mega Powers 2."
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 04:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like this, if for no other reason than it puts him back in single competition. Lethal Consequences never went anywhere, and it toned down the Black Machismo gimmick. Honestly, Jay is in a tough spot. He'll never get the Heavyweight belt, might someday get the Legends belt, but will likely be relegated to X Division status.

Speaking of which, what the fuck happened to the X Division? There used to be multiple X Division matches in a night. Now we're lucky to see any other than Daniels, Suicide, and Amazing Red.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blame the Knock Outs, it seems they have about 2 matches or so/segments dealing with the same 6 women week after week.

Does anyone even LIKE women's wrestling?
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

TNA's women's division is actually really good, and it brings in ratings. I do miss Angelina Love though, and I wish Daffney wasn't injured.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 05:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will give it credit by being better than WWE's sloppy women's wrestling as of late, but I can't help but see how it brings in the ratings? Maybe it's just me, but 90% of these women who come through never make me give a damn about them, other than being a pretty face.
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 05:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

They are decent. It isn't Shimmer, but it is the best televised option. And for a while it was some of the best wrestling on tv. It has been on a downwards spiral for awhile, mostly due to the lack of Love and Roxii, as well as some questionable booking, but it is still among the best stuff on TNA.
Douche McCallister
Title: DOO-SHAY
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 06:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Three words...Average Wrestling Fan. Average wrestling fan is like 13, just getting into girls, both figuratively and metaphorically speaking. ZOMG HOT GIRL!1!!!1 Sexy sells my friend...sexy sells and seeing how a majority of the wrestling fans are not of the gay persuasion they enjoy those matches. People our age are out of that phase and just see it as a distraction, even if it is actually good wrestling. I can't lie though everytime "Flaming Fire Crotch" was on I couldn't look away. I was in love with Christy Hemme.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 05 2009 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if I would consider myself an average wrestling fan when I was 13, I didn't read dirt sheets or anything, but had a keen sense of what was going on, plus I liked heels, the divas never really did anything for me, and I'm totally not gay. Just because I find a girl attractive, doesn't mean I want to see her botch the shit out of basic wrestling moves.
uncle joe
PostPosted: Nov 06 2009 02:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

MAn, I really like LEthal's ability, but the man is horrendous on the mic. Dude was basically booed out of ROH due to his mic work, and thats saying something.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Nov 06 2009 09:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Lethal's done pretty good mic work with his Savage impersonation.
Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 06 2009 03:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not only is his Savage voice pretty darn good, but all the little characteristics are absolutely incredible.

I wonder if he's do the "handshake" with Hogan?
Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: Nov 07 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

I agree

The reason Mr.Bomberman isnt around is because is Jay Lethal ATM

uncle joe
PostPosted: Nov 07 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

But that's his only way to get over. I really like Lethal from a worker stand point and he's a good dude. But if he's not doing the Macho gimmick (and how long is he supposed to really last with that) he is utter horror. Now if he had Frylock's voice, he'd be a lot more over on the mic.

Reply to topic

Jump to: