SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Greatest Show on Earth

Reply to topic
jerknut
PostPosted: Sep 24 2009 04:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

New book by Dick Dawkins. Anyone get it yet (came out on the 22nd)? I'm on my way out of town this weekend and was going to pick it up on the way. I'm looking forward to it.
TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Sep 24 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'll probably take a look.

Although, and bear with me, as an avatarless poster that I've never seen named jerknut who created a post about a notorious powderkeg writer, just be aware you could be construed as a troll.

jerknut
PostPosted: Sep 29 2009 01:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I went ahead and bought it on Friday. I'm a few chapters in and so far, its basically just what you'd expect the first few chapters of a general book about evidence for evolution; lots and lots of background and setup that most (well, many at least) probably know about evolution. Starts with evolution that's easy to see and understand, the domestication of the wolf to the dog. Then it gets more abstract. Its definitely good, so far.

Regarding your second part... one of my first posts was of my instrument collection and featured shots of my house. If I were a troll, I think I'd try to include more offensive language and a more demeaning demeanor. Maybe I'll add a Richard Dawkins avatar with a burning cross in the background? *wink wink*

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to topic

Jump to: