[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Jeff Jarrett potentially being forced out of TNA

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jul 20 2009 09:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So here's the story: Kurt Angle and his former wife have been divorced since October. And now, Jeff Jarrett is dating her and she's apparently living with him. After the news spread to the Internet, Angle threw a hissy fit and said he wouldn't re-sign with TNA when his contract expires if Jarrett retains booking power. So TNA president Dixie Carter has decided
she likes Angle better and has apparently suspended Jarrett. Which is bullshit.

Jarrett fucking BUILT TNA. And he's going to be forced out by a guy who has repeatedly said in interviews that he doesn't really want to wrestle anymore and rather do movies. Jarrett loves the industry, and he understands how to build a company. You have to put over the young guys. Dixie Carter is more interested in putting over older guys with name recognition who are one injury away from retirement.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: Jul 20 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

WCW downfall flashbacks...
Well, as much as I admire Angle as a wrestler, he's absolutely a bitch in backstage. If things don't go his way, then screw everyone else... oh joy. Fucking retire already, if that's what you're threatening! And leave people who actually understand on HOW TO ADMINISTRATE A DAMN WRESTLING COMPANY take over the control!

Deadmau_5pra
Title: Amatuer film/podcaster
PostPosted: Jul 20 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No... just no. Fuck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

According to reports backstage, for the most part, the wrestlers are more sympathetic to Kurt Angle on the matter, aside from those who have close ties with Jarrett.

Which means Jarrett may be in the wrong, however, I do not think that he should be forced out of HIS OWN FUCKING COMPANY!
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I was really surprised that more guys side with Angle. He's not known as the nicest guy backstage. Is it shitty to start dating your coworker's ex-wife? Absolutely. But that sort of stuff happens in the wrestling industry all the time.

And Jarrett lost his own wife to breast cancer in May 2007, eight years to the day after his close friend Owen Hart died in that horrible accident.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was reading a report of the most recent TNA ppv and it really does seem like WCW all over again. It's even the same guys in most cases.

If it were me, I'd give the book to Cornette, find some way to put Heyman in charge of the TV side, and watch TNA's popularity explode.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the most recent PPV was the nWo all over again. And just like the nWo, they're getting the point where MEM is too big for its own good. Samoa Joe is in it now? Fine. Taz? Eh, I guess. But Matt Morgan? I don't fucking think so.

And the fact is, from a storyline point of view, they need Jarrett right now. To pull him off TV in the middle of a kayfabe war for control of the company against MEM, and in the middle of a program designed to elevate Eric Young, just because Angle wants it, is fucking ridiculous.

And speaking of WCW, Hulk Hogan has been putting over TNA in recent interviews, leading many to speculate that the Hulkster will sign with the company. But if you're going to bring in Hulk, you HAVE to book him against Jarrett and finally resolve that awful Russo/Jarrett/Hogan business from Bash At The Beach.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 01:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy the real drama between these overpaid guys than the story lines that are fabricated about them. More people need to sleep with other peoples wives, then I may start watching it again.

Dorkus
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not even a fan of Jeff Jarret, but that would suck for him if it's true, especially considering that he's not exactly on friendly terms with Vince McMahon either.
Quote:
Jarrett fucking BUILT TNA. And he's going to be forced out by a guy who has repeatedly said in interviews that he doesn't really want to wrestle anymore and rather do movies. Jarrett loves the industry, and he understands how to build a company. You have to put over the young guys. Dixie Carter is more interested in putting over older guys with name recognition who are one injury away from retirement.

Yeah, this is true. I remember the glory (pre-Angle) days of AJ Styles being the face of the company and the X division being important. Since Angle joined, AJ's biggest claim to fame has been dressing up in a reindeer costume and wearing a fake crown. I used to be a huge Kurt mark, but he's really proven to have an ego now that Vince and co aren't keeping him in check.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 09:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bouya wrote:
If it were me, I'd give the book to Cornette, find some way to put Heyman in charge of the TV side, and watch TNA's popularity explode.

Some wrestling site recently wrote an open letter to Dixie Carter, telling her to fire the creative team and bring in Paul Heyman. Heyman responded on his Twitter account that he'd "NEVER" do it. Yes, in all caps.
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Jul 21 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Heyman's good at talking, this is no doubt playing hard to get.
Reply to topic

Jump to: