"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Ric Flair might wrestle again?

Reply to topic
Chile Guy
Title: Token Latino Otaku
PostPosted: May 18 2009 07:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ric Flair returned to WWE tonight at their Judgment Day pay-per-view at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. Flair came out and interfered during the Batista vs. Randy Orton match, saving Batista from Legacy.

As noted earlier, Ric is interested in a return to the ring but has said it would have to be OK with Shawn Michaels first. It certainly appears he's coming back.

Source - WrestlingInc.com

Now I don't know what to think. Is he too old for the business? Is he doing the right thing after all the fuss last year?

Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 18 2009 07:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Him coming back now, would make all of the goodbye stuff from last year moot. But if he's in debt, then he most likely will wrestle again, or become a manager(Which I think would be better).

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 18 2009 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Look, I love Ric Flair. For that matter, I really respect Bret Farve. But for fuck's sake people, if you don't want to retire, DON'T RETIRE, and save all the emotional goodbye shit (not to mention great storylines) for when you're ACTUALLY ready to go.

Coming back as a manager, I could see. That could end up working really well. But wrestling again? Arg!

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Ermac
Title: Thread Killer
PostPosted: May 18 2009 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i like how Scott Steiner made fun of Flair wrestling for too long

Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: May 18 2009 09:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ric Flair and Terry Funk are going head-to-head for most times almost retired.... Foley is probably close too.

If he's still standing he'll probably still be wrestling. It's not easy to give it up.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: May 18 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

No, Flair can not come back to the ring, it just can't happen. The man is 60 and retired the best damn ways possible and now wants to come back just over a year later? No, he doesn't get to do this. No amount of in ring work he can do will ever make up for ruining some of the best storylines in wrestling today. And not just the retirement angle, the whole Jericho and Michaels match become a lot less important as well. Just... just no.
Ghandi
PostPosted: May 18 2009 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There aren't any "best storylines in wrestling" today in the WWE. They're all terrible from the brainchild of Vince and have been on a gradual decline as Vince gets older.

Not too worried about the Jericho/Michaels match. Michaels has a huge amount of career highlights. Jericho may need it though...

Flair's always good at putting people over anyway. The old school likes to do that as they gradually fade out. His mistake isn't wrestling again, but wrestling again in WWE.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: May 19 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like Flair too, but he already had his goodbye thread, so to speak.

Then again, everyone else comes back. >_<

RIP Hacker.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: May 19 2009 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

nihilisticglee wrote:
No, Flair can not come back to the ring, it just can't happen. The man is 60 and retired the best damn ways possible and now wants to come back just over a year later? No, he doesn't get to do this. No amount of in ring work he can do will ever make up for ruining some of the best storylines in wrestling today. And not just the retirement angle, the whole Jericho and Michaels match become a lot less important as well. Just... just no.

Could not have said it better myself. Just...this.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 19 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Flair has been making a lot of ROH appearances lately. If he's going to get back in the ring, he should do it there. That, or TNA.

Sting has to win the title this Sunday in four man Ultimate Sacrifice match or he's forced into kayfabe retirement. There doesn't seem to be any word on the dirtsheets as to whether or not Sting is leaving, but Kurt has been talking about retiring a lot lately, so it's definitely looking like he won't win. If Flair is going to return to the ring, it should be against either Sting or Steamboat, as they were his two greatest all-time opponents.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 19 2009 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought Flair's greatest opponent was Good Taste in wardrobe?
Ba'al
Title: Zerg Zergling
PostPosted: May 19 2009 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Don't diss the robe man.

Ghandi
PostPosted: May 19 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Given some wrestling careers Angle is retiring very early. He could extend his legacy even more.

I agree that Flair should go to ROH or TNA though, and end his career in WWE.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: May 20 2009 03:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched the wrestler. Makes you feel bad in general, but particularly as it applies to really old guys who really need to stop wrestling but its sorta their life. Its a shame, cause the man could be a great manager, and probably could get by on endorsements and appearances in low budget movies and the like.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 20 2009 06:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Flair would be great a manager, the problem is that Vince McMahon doesn't really believe in having managers or stables anymore; he barely even believes in tag team wrestling.

And while either ROH or TNA would love to have him, if they were going to give him a contract that pays the kind of money he commands, they'd most likely want him to do more than just manage.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Reply to topic

Jump to: