[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Holiday Game Rush

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 27 2005 05:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What games are you guys most looking forward to this holiday season?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
greeneyedzeke
PostPosted: Nov 28 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently obsessed with MK:DS, Guitar Hero, and Dragon Quest VIII. I'm also quite looking forward to getting my hands on Animal Crossing DS, Mario and Luigi 2, Civilization 4, Soul Calibur 3, Sonic Rush, and Shadow of the Colossus. Then, of course, there's the backlog of games I haven't given enough attention to... Damn.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 05 2005 09:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I picked up Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and it's damn fun. Unfortunately, it still suffers from a mild annoyance that keeps finding its way into more and more Nintendo games: forced tutorials. I played Superstar Saga, I don't need a talking briefcase to hold my hand and teach me a game engine that's not that difficult in the first place.

Fuck tutorials. Back in my day, you threw a game into your console of choice and you played it until you figured out how to play it. And if you couldn't, you gave up on it for a month or so until you finally got around to reading the instruction booklet. Why even fucking print an instruction booklet if all the major game mechanics are explained to you in-game?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
SamanthaMcPoopenstein
Title: Gadabout Ragamuffin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There are so many DS games (and the wifi attachment) I want. I also want to get the 'cube Fire Emblem game and last year's Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I think I checked just about every month for the used price of that game to go down, but I bet it's still way too high.

I doubt I'll be getting games any time soon.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Dec 06 2005 01:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Now that PoP3 is out, the price of Warrior Within will almost definitely drop and used prices will hafta drop as well.
Reply to topic

Jump to: