"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Thundercats action figures

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 01:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Right, so when I was a kid, I was obsessed with the Thundercats. I watched the show religiously, and literally owned every single action figure and playset (not safely in the box of course--I played with them all the time, although they were in fairly good condition.) Anyway, long story short, at one point or another after I got older, my dad (who I still think was doing this in a fit of spite), chucked everything and didn't tell me til it was too late to dumpster-dive after them. *sigh*

Do any collectors on the forum know how much a complete set of those figures, out of the box but in decent condition, might be worth? I'd love to be able to tell my dad he threw out my entire graduate school tuition. (I doubt it, but its worth a shot.) Also, has anyone else had their parents/siblings/roomates/etc throw away something valuable to them?

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 04:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say check eBay, that's probably the best gauge of what they're worth.

I never owned any Thundercats action figures, but in high school, this kid in my biology class had a Mumm-Ra action figure that used to carry around all the time. He called him Skeleton Warrior and had this whole fake cult based around worshipping him. Good times.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
IceWarm
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 06:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to love Thundercats. I had a couple figures and a small remote control car like thing of whatever they rode around in.

"Anybody who ever built an empire, or changed the world, sat where you are now. And it’s because they sat there that they were able to do it."

"Fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, you're fighting in a basement."

"You're Not So Tough Without Your Veggie!"

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 06:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's odd, I wasn't that aware of Thundercats as a kid, while I was totally into He-Man & Transformers, so hearing about all the nostalgia now for a show that I assumed wasn't that popular when I was young, has been kind of strange. I don't even remember my friends being into it at all, either.

Looking back at it now, I see an annoying character named Snarf, and a bunch of cat-men with unimaginative names like Lion-o, Panthro, and Cheetara. That's like calling a duckman, Duck-o.
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
It's odd, I wasn't that aware of Thundercats as a kid, while I was totally into He-Man & Transformers, so hearing about all the nostalgia now for a show that I assumed wasn't that popular when I was young, has been kind of strange. I don't even remember my friends being into it at all, either.

Looking back at it now, I see an annoying character named Snarf, and a bunch of cat-men with unimaginative names like Lion-o, Panthro, and Cheetara. That's like calling a duckman, Duck-o.

Hah! Their names did rather suck, but they were oh so awesome when I was five (as were He-Man, She-Ra, and the Transformers. Loved those guys too.) All the 80s cartoon nostalgia is weird, isn't it? Especially coming from kids clearly not old enough to have ever seen an original episode of the shows they now claim to have grown up on...

And thanks for the ebay tip, Syd. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Looks like I only lost about $100 bucks. Which isn't much in money, but damn...I wish I still had those things.

militarysignatures.com

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 09:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thundercats were a lot of fun, but for some reason I always enjoyed G.I.Joe, He-Man, Voltron, and Transformers a bit more.

More to the point, my mother convinced my that I should sell all my stuff at a tag sale when I was about 10. I was excited for about a day, but then it sunk in. I sold my memories for a few measly dollars. I have regretted it since. My mom still tries to get me to clear shit out all the time... I haven't lived with her for over 6 years and the nagging continues.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 09:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I loved the cartoon, never had the toys.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Jan 16 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Once my Mom picked up all this shit in my closet and threw it all away. My neighbor ended up with most of it, I don't know what he was doing in the dumpster but... Yeah, I lost alot of Gundams that day.

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Teralyx
Title: Master Exploder
PostPosted: Jan 17 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

You're WAY cooler than the last chick on this board. Ikea or something, maybe I'd remember if she'd FUCKING POST.

<TheFlamingSchnitzel> Didn't your mom teach you not to punch girls?
<FigNewton> I was too busy /punchin' her/

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jan 17 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

don't start that crap up. Rolling Eyes

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jan 17 2009 01:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

ThatGuy wrote:
You're WAY cooler than the last chick on this board. Ikea or something, maybe I'd remember if she'd FUCKING POST.

*snort* Ah, 'way cooler that other chick'--the ultimate female complement Wink

Blackout wrote:
don't start that crap up. Rolling Eyes

And since we don't want to start "that crap" up again, I won't even ask what "that crap" refers to. Nope. Not gonna ask. Not curious in the slightest. *walks off whistling*

militarysignatures.com

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jan 17 2009 02:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

I only had one of these guys, Grune the Destroyer.

I did a quick search to see if the expanded Thundercats of later seasons were ever made into toys and discovered they were, also that an In-Box Pumyra goes for over 400 British pounds.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jan 19 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Thundercats the best because the theme song was a symphony of delight. I sung it (ok still sing it) whenever I get the chance or whenever I am reminded of it.
Reply to topic

Jump to: